Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the chances.....
we come out this weekend and beat the Patriots? Would your opinion change of our current situation?

We all know stranger things have happened but what if we defeat the NFLs Golden Boy Tom Brady on his Homecoming!

Hilarious
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: we come out this weekend and beat the Patriots?  Would your opinion change of our current situation?  

We all know stranger things have happened but what if we defeat the NFLs Golden Boy Tom Brady on his Homecoming!

Hilarious

Slim to none, and Slim just left town.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: we come out this weekend and beat the Patriots?  Would your opinion change of our current situation?  

Hilarious

3 to 5% chance of us winning this weekend.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
This game is going to show how much heart and fight we have left.

Not giving up yet, but not expecting a whole lot either.

Going to just wait and see on this one, still hoping but O-line has me doubting.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If we win in New England, then hell yes I'll believe in this team a bit more. But there is zero chance the Pats dont score 28 at the absolute minimum and beat us handily.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This game is going to show how much heart and fight we have left.

Going to just wait and see on this one, still hoping but O-line has me doubting.

Yeah, this is me....but I gotta admit, I'm awfully jaded at the moment.  Even if they win, unless it's a dominant blowout, I'll probably just chalk it up to "blind squirrel syndrome".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:14 PM)corpjet Wrote: What are the chances we beat the Patriots?

-0-

and I'm being nice.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Slim to none, and Slim just left town.

Yep, Lap's famous words.

(10-11-2016, 05:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This game is going to show how much heart and fight we have left.

I'm guessing they'll rebound and put forth a better effort than we saw in Dallas.  It won't be enough to win, but at least their effort won't be questioned.

The real interest for me lies in the following when Cleveland comes to town.  I want to see nothing less than a beat-down.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It would really change perceptions, but I'll believe it when I see it.  The Pats are going to try to pick on Bodine and Ogbuehi all day.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
So you're saying there's a chance?

In all seriousness, the Bengals can win this game if they play absolute shutdown defense. However, Paul Guenther prefers to give more cushion than those couches Anthony Munoz advertises from Furniture Fair.
Reply/Quote
Bengals can't cover one TE, and the Patriots have two, being thrown to by Tom Brady.

They combined for like 180 yards and 3 TD last week. They will likely crush that this week. None of the Bengals safeties or linebackers are good in coverage. They let Nelson go, and Burfict doesn't look himself yet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Next to none

I recorded the Dallas game and I've been watching it again. And I tell ya there's many problems on this team. You could bring up so many things it's not even funny, this player that player, the OC the DC and just on and on.

But the biggest problem right now is by far complete lack of effort by half or more of the players on a given play. Again you could go on and on. Not sustaining blocks, half hearted efforts at tackles, routes not ran out, players just standing watching plays, etc. etc.

I'm telling ya go back and watch the game and pause it and rewatch plays. The effort on many of them, and it's hard to always catch live - in real time, is pitiful !

If this team doesn't find it's heart and start putting in some real effort. This season is over !
Reply/Quote
Brady is 48-1 at home since 2007 vs afc opponents and the one loss was against buffalo when pats were sitting starters in a season finale game sooooo yeah we'll be 2-4 however we are capabale of sweeping Cleveland and Baltimore so that's 4 more Ws plus Washington and the bills. Based on what I'm seeing we'll be 8-8 but we're capable of beating philly and the the giants and the Texans so really after New England are only game I think we'll forsure lose is against Pitt
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I blame the lack of intensity and motivation on Marvin he's on the verge of losing complete control and it's scary bc MB prob won't do anything about it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Notorious fast starters vs. Notorious slow starters...

All these posts that are saying "we will see what kind of heart this team has" make me ask the question: Have you seen ANY heart in the first five games? What makes you think a road game in New England would be any better? The fact that they want to show they are good against the best? Well, I heard a lot about how Dallas has the best offensive line in the NFL, and it would appear the defense took that challenge by laying down and playing dead.

I have not been this disappointed in a Bengals team in a long time. Our balls went to Minnesota and Cleveland. Maybe our heart, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Notorious fast starters vs. Notorious slow starters...

All these posts that are saying "we will see what kind of heart this team has" make me ask the question:  Have you seen ANY heart in the first five games?  What makes you think a road game in New England would be any better?  The fact that they want to show they are good against the best?  Well, I heard a lot about how Dallas has the best offensive line in the NFL, and it would appear the defense took that challenge by laying down and playing dead.  

I have not been this disappointed in a Bengals team in a long time.  Our balls went to Minnesota and Cleveland.  Maybe our heart, too.

This team went undefeated for 8 games (and won the division) last season without Mike Zimmer. I think as much of him as anyone around here, but we were fine without him last year. 

We seem to be missing Hue much more. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 08:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This team went undefeated for 8 games (and won the division) last season without Mike Zimmer. I think as much of him as anyone around here, but we were fine without him last year. 

We seem to be missing Hue much more. 

Good point.  But this year's team had two choices as to how to respond to the NFLs handling of:

1.) Burfict
2.) Schedule
3.) steeler coaches fines/suspensions

After learning that your defensive leader was suspended for three games (inconsistent with other league punishments), that they would start on the road a 7th consecutive year (with back to back road games, pitt w/o Burfict, NE Brady's homecoming off suspension, etc, etc, etc) and the steeler coaches fine rescinded....they could do one of two things:

Fight back and play with a huge chip on their shoulder or lay down and quit.  They chose the latter.  

Marv's lack of passion against the 12 ridiculous holds against pitt while his own QB gets destroyed on a late dirty hit was just the icing on the cake.  This team plays with the passion of their coach, which is to say about as lively as a road pizza possum.  
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't put it beyond the Bengals to come out and play a "game of their lives", and pull off an upset. Heck, it only takes one unfortunate hit to put anyone out of the game. However, it would be a fluke, and my optimism would not change unless they reeled off a series of decisive wins.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 08:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't put it beyond the Bengals to come out and play a "game of their lives", and pull off an upset.  Heck, it only takes one unfortunate hit to put anyone out of the game.  However, it would be a fluke, and my optimism would not change unless they reeled off a series of decisive wins.

This. My hopes for a playoff run died in that Cowboys game. It was the worst game I have watched since the Browns game in 2014.
Reply/Quote