Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What are you listening to? v2.0
https://youtu.be/VcjzHMhBtf0

Great vocals also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
New Obituary dropped today! Should be played at HIGH VOLUME!
Reply/Quote
So we once found a band called The Big Push on Youtube playing in the streets of the UK.

Over the New Year holiday we found this song by one of it's members, Ren.  His backstory is he developed lime disease right after he was signed by Sony.  It wasn't properly diagnosed, leading to severe physical and mental issues and it ruined his career.  We've since found some other stuff by him that is also pretty cool.  There was also an interactive website that allowed you to examine the things in the room with him for more of his story, which was kind of cool.  Can't seem to find it now though.  Anyway, check out Hi Ren.

Reply/Quote
Gojira, Mastodon, Lorna Shore coming to MegaCorp Pavilion in Newport, KY on August 9th! Proooooooobably going to this! \m/
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:43 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Oh, just listening to new Metallica.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 08:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You are literally the only one I have heard talk about Helloween outside a few of my buddies from the 80s.

I just recently revisited Keeper of the 7 Keys 1 & 2.  Man that was some powerhouse stuff.

Like Iron Maiden on steroids.

I was really into them and Queensryche back in the day(still am).

Not really into this cover but glad someone still reveres it regardless.

By the way...  how do you feel about Loudness?  Akira Takasaki is one of the most overlooked guitarists of the 80s.

Dude could straight up shred and write some amazing riffs.  The whole band was really tight live too.

Sorry, man. I wasn't ignoring you . . . I just saw this.

When I was first moving from a Rocker to a Heavy Metal fan to a straight up Thrash freak in the mid-80s, Helloween was the perfect transition band before they went full on Power Metal. Like you said, Iron Maiden on steroids and Markus Grosskopf is still their bassist. If you get a chance, check out just about any album from Master Of The Rings through Rabbit Don't Come Easy of the Andy Deris era. They found their stride and pumped out five straight good albums. My favorite is the 3rd of that run, Better Than Raw(their previous label was Raw Power).

Although I'm a Thrasher first, I loved this track the very first time I heard it mixed in with a bunch of Nu-Metal garbage on a satellite Metal station. A great Rock song coming out when new music the radio was just complete and total crap. A positive song when almost everyone was angry, depressed and up against the world before they put their foot on the floor in the morning.

This is more of 'my tempo'. Love the line in here about how the 90s ####ing sucked for real Metal. On their previous tour, they could see the hunger for Metal coming back from the Grunge wave.
Hungry forever since we took a glance
Feared that the world was taken by someone
We realized by the look in your eyes
Metal will never die

I have sung those last two lines along with this song so many times. It was awesome in 1998 to see Power Metal and Thrash get rejuvenated in Europe.

I LOVE Loudness and Akira Takasaki and you're right. Awesome shredder and kick ass riffs. I have the first six on vinyl and I put their music right along with American band Riot. Harder than most until Thrash came around, then they adapted and added some Thrash/Speed Metal to their style and kept trudging forward. I have never seen them in person but I saw them on video at the M3 festival a few years ago and they killed it

Check out the Japanese band Anthem. Great Hard Rock and Heavy Metal from their original run in the 80s and early 90s. I picked this up on a clearance without ever hearing them and was blown away. Great riffs. 100% influenced by Loudness.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:35 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Sorry, man. I wasn't ignoring you . . . I just saw this.

When I was first moving from a Rocker to a Heavy Metal fan to a straight up Thrash freak in the mid-80s, Helloween was the perfect transition band before they went full on Power Metal. Like you said, Iron Maiden on steroids and Markus Grosskopf is still their bassist. If you get a chance, check out just about any album from Master Of The Rings through Rabbit Don't Come Easy of the Andy Deris era. They found their stride and pumped out five straight good albums. My favorite is the 3rd of that run, Better Than Raw(their previous label was Raw Power).

Although I'm a Thrasher first, I loved this track the very first time I heard it mixed in with a bunch of Nu-Metal garbage on a satellite Metal station. A great Rock song coming out when new music the radio was just complete and total crap. A positive song when almost everyone was angry, depressed and up against the world before they put their foot on the floor in the morning.

This is more of 'my tempo'. Love the line in here about how the 90s ####ing sucked for real Metal. On their previous tour, they could see the hunger for Metal coming back from the Grunge wave.
Hungry forever since we took a glance
Feared that the world was taken by someone
We realized by the look in your eyes
Metal will never die

I have sung those last two lines along with this song so many times. It was awesome in 1998 to see Power Metal and Thrash get rejuvenated in Europe.

I LOVE Loudness and Akira Takasaki and you're right. Awesome shredder and kick ass riffs. I have the first six on vinyl and I put their music right along with American band Riot. Harder than most until Thrash came around, then they adapted and added some Thrash/Speed Metal to their style and kept trudging forward. I have never seen them in person but I saw them on video at the M3 festival a few years ago and they killed it

Check out the Japanese band Anthem. Great Hard Rock and Heavy Metal from their original run in the 80s and early 90s. I picked this up on a clearance without ever hearing them and was blown away. Great riffs. 100% influenced by Loudness.

Thanks I'll check all of this out.

Yeah 90s was Megadeth, Queensryche, and Fates Warning for me.

I was not a Grunge fan and not sure if it's actually a genre.  Cool

I mean.  Just think about it.  Typically, a genre you can pinpoint a sound or style.

Soundgarden is not even close to Nirvana.

Alice in Chains is nothing like Pearl Jam.

You might want to say it's that Eddie Vedder "mooing" vocals, but Creed and even early Nickelback, is closer to that than any of those other "Grunge" bands.

AIC has more in common with Black Sabbath than the "flannel garage heroes" of that time period.

So...  I'd say Grunge is more about fashion(or anti-fashion LOL)then actual music movement for the time period.

I wasn't necessarily mad at Nu-Metal for putting heaviness back into music, but disappointed that they wanted to be so anti-guitar solo.

Nu-Metal is an actual genre with music style and fashion of that era.

Anyway.  That's my 2 cents and certainly can be debated.

You ever get into Fates Warning?

I'm not a Dream Theater fan(they are killer musicians though)as a whole and have always leaned more towards FW because it's not just some long jam fest.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So we once found a band called The Big Push on Youtube playing in the streets of the UK.

Over the New Year holiday we found this song by one of it's members, Ren.  His backstory is he developed lime disease right after he was signed by Sony.  It wasn't properly diagnosed, leading to severe physical and mental issues and it ruined his career.  We've since found some other stuff by him that is also pretty cool.  There was also an interactive website that allowed you to examine the things in the room with him for more of his story, which was kind of cool.  Can't seem to find it now though.  Anyway, check out Hi Ren.

Very interesting and talented musician.

I checked out his other songs and endeavors. 

Never heard of him before.

Thanks for posting!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
ok here we go. Lmk if you know any of this
[Image: 220px-Tortoise-TNT_%28album_cover%29.jpg]
[Image: AmericanDon.jpg]
[Image: Whatburns.jpg]
[Image: Tortoise_its_all_around_you.jpg]
[Image: SummerinAbaddon.jpg]
[Image: Doncab2.jpg]
[Image: 220px-Tortoise_-_The_Catastrophist.jpg]
Reply/Quote
some blind guardian today... song Sacred Worlds ( a band i found in a video game.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Y2qGK--NI
^^full song

^^The in game concert.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/J39LK_wDzKw

Some Eagles...Joe Walsh
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiIe2znA1ao

The Trio - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (final showdown)
Reply/Quote
Weird Mashup but surprisingly good.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Seeing Sullivan King tonight...he's a metal/EDM crossover guy (sometimes screamo metal).  Dude puts on a great show.

Normally I wouldn't post my music here but i think the metal aspect might mean some people are familiar with him.  

-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/IeDMnyQzS88

Drum banging on a Saturday morning
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/XezIcWS6gqQ

Lonesome loser
Reply/Quote

Tomorrow :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote