Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can we expect to get out of mccarron and when?
I know Cleveland screwed us, and the bungles will have to sign and trade him. Will all of this happen before the draft, and can the browns trade still happen, since the bungles will still have control of him? Furthermore, how long after Marvin is canned can we expect a new head coach? I know it will have to be before the draft because he wants to draft his own guys. I hope the next coach is someone that has proven success in the past and will be given full control of the team from drafting to signing free agents. Mikey has to give up that control and trust his coach the guy is 82 and if he ever wants to see a super bowl before he is gone he has to allow the next coachfree range to do what he needs to do to win. He can't be like Marvin where he just rolls with the punches. We need an offensive minded coach, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a qb in the first round if we get the right coach. There are plenty available. What say you?
Reply/Quote
Well, if we want to get something for him, it is crucial that we stop playing him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He might be an unrestricted free agent.

IF not...I suspect the Bengals would try to trade for Hue Jackson.
Reply/Quote
There’s a lawsuit ongoing to decide if he’s unrestricted or restricted. If an UFA then we get nothing but a possible comp pick. If RFA then tender at highest level and hope to trade him for a 2-3 round pick, I suppose.

Possibly gets restricted and not traded, then he could hold out, start next season as backup again, Dalton gets traded and McCarron is the starter next year?
Reply/Quote
If Hue stays In Cleveland we probably get a two from them and they draft rosen and let him sit behind AJM.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There’s a lawsuit ongoing to decide if he’s unrestricted or restricted. If an UFA then we get nothing but a possible comp pick. If RFA then tender at highest level and hope to trade him for a 2-3 round pick, I suppose.

Possibly gets restricted and not traded, then he could hold out, start next season as backup again, Dalton gets traded and McCarron is the starter next year?

We could get a 1st round pick for Dalton. Just saying.

Could trade Dalton, let McCarron walk for a comp pick and draft a QB better than both of them.

Of course, Mikey Brown will be making all the decisions after Marvin leaves, so expect it all to be the wrong decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Expect absolutely nothing for McCarron and you won't be disappointed.

We've really done ourselves a disservice by playing him in the last 2 games because it is becoming very apparent based on the drives he's had in those two games (in blowout losses where the defense has no reason to play particularly tight or hard), that he's not a great QB.

I'd be surprised if we get a 5th round pick for him based on his play in those 2 games.

We blew it once again.
Reply/Quote
A dollar and some envelopes..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If Hue stays In Cleveland we probably get a two from them and they draft rosen and let him sit behind AJM.

Yeah...Cleveland has 2 1st Round picks. I think they just draft a QB high and don't worry about McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If Hue stays In Cleveland we probably get a two from them and they draft rosen and let him sit behind AJM.

Idk. Rosen looks pretty NFL ready from jump IMO. I think they'll take him and start him. We missed our opportunity there.

(12-19-2017, 04:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We could get a 1st round pick for Dalton. Just saying.

Could trade Dalton, let McCarron walk for a comp pick and draft a QB better than both of them.

Of course, Mikey Brown will be making all the decisions after Marvin leaves, so expect it all to be the wrong decisions.

I'm not so sure anymore. These last couple games have been awful...that said, it's tough to fully judge him on 2 games where the team has checked out. 

(12-19-2017, 09:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Expect absolutely nothing for McCarron and you won't be disappointed.

We've really done ourselves a disservice by playing him in the last 2 games because it is becoming very apparent based on the drives he's had in those two games (in blowout losses where the defense has no reason to play particularly tight or hard), that he's not a great QB.

I'd be surprised if we get a 5th round pick for him based on his play in those 2 games.

We blew it once again.

Yep. Honestly though, I think the interest was only coming from the Browns (due to Hue). With them likely taking Rosen, I don't think Macaroni would be on the table for them anymore, anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We could get a 1st round pick for Dalton. Just saying.

Okay I don't know what you all been watching lately.. But there is NO WAY I want McCarron starting for this team unless its garbage time like these last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 11:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay I don't know what you all been watching lately.. But there is NO WAY I want McCarron starting for this team unless its garbage time like these last 2 games.

I didn't say anything about McCarron starting for this team.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 11:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. Rosen looks pretty NFL ready from jump IMO. I think they'll take him and start him. We missed our opportunity there.

I'm not so sure anymore. These last couple games have been awful...that said, it's tough to fully judge him on 2 games where the team has checked out. 

Yep. Honestly though, I think the interest was only coming from the Browns (due to Hue). With them likely taking Rosen, I don't think Macaroni would be on the table for them anymore, anyway.

Teams will look at how well Dalton can play, which is pretty good when he has a good supporting cast. For a team that is a QB away from winning would give up a 1st.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:00 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know Cleveland screwed us, and the bungles will have to sign and trade him. Will all of this happen before the draft, and can the browns trade still happen, since the bungles will still have control of him? Furthermore, how long after Marvin is canned can we expect a new head coach? I know it will have to be before the draft because he wants to draft his own guys. I hope the next coach is someone that has proven success in the past and will be given full control of the team from drafting to signing free agents. Mikey has to give up that control and trust his coach the guy is 82 and if he ever wants to see a super bowl before he is gone he has to allow the next coachfree range to do what he needs to do to win. He can't be like Marvin where he just rolls with the punches. We need an offensive minded coach, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a qb in the first round if we get the right coach. There are plenty available. What say you?

I honestly don't think winning a Super Bowl is that important to Mike Brown.  Its more about running a financially successful business for himself and his family.  If he really was 100 percent in on winning a Super Bowl he wouldn't do things way he does.  Its unfortunate for us die hard fans because we are rooting for a team where winning is not the top priority.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 09:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Expect absolutely nothing for McCarron and you won't be disappointed.

We blew it once again.

You can not fairly judge McCarron on 2 possessions in garbage time.  Need a bigger sample size.  We gave Dalton 7 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 11:45 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Teams will look at how well Dalton can play, which is pretty good when he has a good supporting cast. For a team that is a QB away from winning would give up a 1st.

I think Buffalo should go after Dalton!!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 10:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...Cleveland has 2 1st Round picks. I think they just draft a QB high and don't worry about McCarron.

Yeah I think they would get a QB high and let Kizer take his lumps/see if he can have some value.  McCarron could leave here and get a starting gig with a slew of rudderless teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:29 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: You can not fairly judge McCarron on 2 possessions in garbage time.  Need a bigger sample size.  We gave Dalton 7 seasons.

...People graded him to be worth a 2nd round pick after seeing him play for 4 games at the end of 2015.

Now we let him sit for a whole season and a half and then trot him out in garbage time. You don't think teams are watching?

I wouldn't give a 5th round pick for what he showed in those 2 games, let alone a 2nd round pick.

You can argue whether or not he will be a good QB when all's said and done (I'm betting no), but those two games almost certainly shattered his stock in terms of trade value. 2015 is a long time ago and he looked like shit in the pre-season and continued to look like shit in these 2 games. I don't even think Cleveland would want him after his ice cold performances in the last few weeks.
Reply/Quote

I am pretty sure the McCarron ship has sailed. Very poor management of a valuable asset by the FO.  And, NO to Hue as HC because Mikey "owns" him due to his past tenure in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:00 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I know Cleveland screwed us, and the bungles will have to sign and trade him. Will all of this happen before the draft, and can the browns trade still happen, since the bungles will still have control of him? Furthermore, how long after Marvin is canned can we expect a new head coach? I know it will have to be before the draft because he wants to draft his own guys. I hope the next coach is someone that has proven success in the past and will be given full control of the team from drafting to signing free agents. Mikey has to give up that control and trust his coach the guy is 82 and if he ever wants to see a super bowl before he is gone he has to allow the next coachfree range to do what he needs to do to win. He can't be like Marvin where he just rolls with the punches. We need an offensive minded coach, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a qb in the first round if we get the right coach. There are plenty available. What say you?

(12-19-2017, 05:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ...People graded him to be worth a 2nd round pick after seeing him play for 4 games at the end of 2015.

Now we let him sit for a whole season and a half and then trot him out in garbage time. You don't think teams are watching?

I wouldn't give a 5th round pick for what he showed in those 2 games, let alone a 2nd round pick.

You can argue whether or not he will be a good QB when all's said and done (I'm betting no), but those two games almost certainly shattered his stock in terms of trade value. 2015 is a long time ago and he looked like shit in the pre-season and continued to look like shit in these 2 games. I don't even think Cleveland would want him after his ice cold performances in the last few weeks.

Hahahaha your a clown behind a computer.. Given that he sat for 55 minutes in the freezing cold weather.... oh let us bring you in now while the defense plays prevent no big plays.... oh and let us take out your number 1 receiver... give me a break.

Next game, let’s put him in there and call run, run.... 3rd and 7 everyone knows we are passi the ball. When a team is up that much they will let you dink and dunk.... however did you notice who stayed in at receiver until the end of the game this time?? AJ green did not want to come out and told the coaches no he was playing with McCarron.

They actually get a td with the second team qb.... something that Andy hasn’t done but once in two games... give McCarron 7 years and then evaluate him just like Dalton.

Keep bitching
Reply/Quote