Poll: C'mon man, THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!
A. Jake Butt, TE Michigan - Aaron Hernandez killed like a dozen people, but Gronk and him was a SWEET idea...
B. Jabril Peppers, S/LB Michigan - Did Ed Reed have a baby with Ray Lewis and they shipped him to Ann Arbor?
C. Mike Williams, WR Clemson - Uh Boyd as the #3... Did my brain just explode? Greatest Show on Turf Part Deux.
D. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU - Sorry Jeremy, but hey, he did go to LSU.
E. Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee - RG3 is going to be shaking in his boots.
F. Malik McDowell, DE/DT Michigan State - Sorry Domata, but hey, he did go to Michigan State... Cya.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What college PLAYMAKER do you want the most?
Question 
My delusions have finally ended. Now its time to start looking towards drafting some more GAME CHANGERS...

And by the way, lets all be a little bit positive here... Boyd looks amazing, Eifert isn't making another Pro-Bowl so he will be 100% for next year... and looking awesome right now...

We got William Jackson III (straight up stud some people call him Revis Island Jr., I bet) and Andrew Billings (605-bench, 905-squat, Powerclean-475..total 1,985... does yoga to stay flexible, oh my god)... BEAST MODE!

Plus, ALEX ERICKSON? Dude, is crushing it. Oh myyyyy! Should change his name to HE HATE ME.

Anyways... Like we all are guessing... We are only going to get richer in the offseason.. And maybe double richer if we get another 1st or 2nd rounder for AJ McCarron (cya)..

So WHO & WHAT DOES EVERYONE WANT? Lets vote it out. 

[Image: HALCA-Vote-180x180.jpg]
[Image: 2977800.png&w=350&h=254]
Hey! I'm Alex Ericsson and Devin Hester is inside of me like that Marlon Wayans ghost movie The 6th Man.

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
Some serious optimism in your post.

On WJ3...if he was Revis Island part 2...I think the Bengals would have brought him back instead of Peerman.
Reply/Quote
Mike Williams would be the #2 we need that could step up when AJ is out. Him and AJ wide with Boyd and Eifert working the middle would be awesome...assuming we can get even mediocre o line play.

Outside of that #2 WR spot and an o lineman or 2 I want to see a lot of defensive guys. Barnett would be a nice grab, I'll pass on peppers though since he can't cover and doesn't have a real position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 11:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Mike Williams would be the #2 we need that could step up when AJ is out. Him and AJ wide with Boyd and Eifert working the middle would be awesome...assuming we can get even mediocre o line play.

Outside of that #2 WR spot and an o lineman or 2 I want to see a lot of defensive guys. Barnett would be a nice grab, I'll pass on peppers though since he can't cover and doesn't have a real position.

I love the idea of another great WR...I just worry that the risk of a bust is higher at that position than others. It's hard to say if Williams is a product of his QB too.
Reply/Quote
At this point I'm not sure it even matters if Marvin remains. We've had playmakers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I would like to draft Peppers. I think he would do okay as safety and kick returner. He could even fill in as WR. Not big enough for LB in the pro's.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure when he will declare for the draft but Malik Hooker from Ohio State would be a great addition to the secondary.
Reply/Quote
This is hard, vontaze looks like the only good guy we have on defense, we have no pass rush. Kid be for a pass rusher, our secondary always allows wide open guys it's annoying. We need a safety. And we need a new running game definitely, love hill but he's been running into a wall. Also I do think we need wr, so I'd be happy with them also. I'm leaning towards dalvin cook. I think he will be there ,or just get can Robinson.
Reply/Quote
First round picks doing nothing is the new cool thing.

Hence WJ3 Ogbuehi and Dennard today. We dont need top notch talent.

Draft another CB in the first, put him on the bench, and clap it out.

Seriously though. OL and pass rushers.

If Whit decides to retire and Zeitler gets an offer we refuse to match we are in really bad shape up front.

Margus Hunt and Will Clarke are the last two DEs we have drafted. Time to invest some draft picks there
Reply/Quote
Jamal Adams or Reuben Foster..I'm also a huge fan of RB James Conner out of Pitt. He reminds me of LeVeon Bell
Reply/Quote
Derek Barnett.

We have no true pass rusher outside of Dunlap and Atkins. We saw numerous teams double each one and tire them out. Plus, Barnett is a better pass rusher overall.

Guenther likes to call zone coverage quite a lot. And how many times when we brought the house that we actually got to the QB?

We are tied for 24th in the league in sacks with 26. We are tied with the Rams and Jags.

Atkins and Dunlap have 14.5 sacks between them both. Our defensive ends can't finish plays.

I don't see Jake Butt coming here. Nor should he.
Peppers was a great athlete, although I'm skeptical our coaching staff would coach him right.
Mike Williams is good, but this isn't a strong WR class either. He's not a burner, and we lack speed. Plus, you throw him into last year's WR class and there's arguments where he ranks.
I like Fournette, I do a lot actually.
I also like McDowell, but they drafted Billings in hopes of him being Peko's replacement in the future. I'd rather see Billings first before I try to draft a replacement.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
This is a deep running back class so I'm willing to pass on Fournette. TE class the same...there would be good value in round two i guess between Butt, Howard, Hodges and Engram. Not sure TE is a need anyway though.

Probably Barnett. But i like Williams as a BPA. I also like OL as a possibilty
Reply/Quote
I have to go Williams. We've seen it for years. This offense just falls apart without AJ and good teams almost always scheme to take him away and beat them with 2-5. Williams adds a new dimension with AJ, and ensures our offense doesn't regress to nothing but check downs to Gio without him.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see the pass rush improved.
Reply/Quote
If we are picking top 10 and when our picks roll around the top 2 DE's were gone and it was too early for the top DT it would probably come down to Fournette and Williams, I think either one would be an improvement though, Fournette actually runs with power so he would be great to pair with Gio instead of having Hill dance behind the line for half an hour.

I was all for Hill even after the fumble last year but after watching him this year I think its just time to move on.  Averaging under 4 yards a carry just isn't worth a second contract, look what Burkhead is doing with his carries averaging 5.2 ypc so its not all the Olines fault. Also while Gio has about the same YPC as Hill he is gonna likely give you 500+ receiving yards a season to go along with his carries.

So yea if we have Fournette fall to us around 6-8 and the top 2 DE's are gone you have to consider a guy that is being compared to Adrian Peterson.
Reply/Quote
IDO NOT WANT fournette. Hey everybody let's get a rb who can't even keep his ankles healthy in college. Why waste a top 15 pick in the NFL. I voted for the Tennessee De but also want elflien, who BTW is shooting up draft boards. I REALLY WANNA SEE Mike Williams Vs Marshan lattimore.would not mind having wjiii, lattimore, and/or Kirkpatrick as our starting corners in 2 years. I think we need a faster receiver for Williams though. Don't even get me started on peppers, he should be a 4th or 5th rounder. Dude had 1 pick in college. If our safety's play like crap next year we can get hooker an actual great safety next year.
Reply/Quote
I can't see the logic taking a receiver in the 1st again. packers seahawks patriots cheifs don't have a true number 1 go to receiver and even a team like the cowboys dez bryant misses some games their fine. lions are fine without megatron
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:58 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I can't see the logic taking a receiver in the 1st again. packers seahawks patriots cheifs don't have a true number 1 go to receiver and even a team like the cowboys dez bryant misses some games their fine. lions are fine without megatron

Most of those teams you listed have elite or borderline elite QBs outside of maybe KC.

Also If you really think the Packers don't have a #1 or are fine without Jordy then you must have missed last year when they lost Jordy and the offense looked pretty awful.

Another thing to think about is that Gronk is basically a WR and an elite one at that.

Also look at teams like Pitt, GB, Pats or Denver, they have or had Brown and Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Cobb and Adams, Gronk and Hernadez, D. Thomas and Sanders with a competent Manning and even being productive with Brock Lobster at QB. Just because some teams don't do it doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be done. Hell look at the recent drafts, free agencies and waiver wire pickups of those teams you listed :

Seahawks : Traded for Graham and constantly drafting WR's early.

Patriots : Gronk and always looking for TE/WR's in Free Agency (Moss and recently Floyd to name a few)

Packers : Have multiple WR threats with Nelson, Cobb, and Adams

Lions : Have signed Tate and MJ. 

Only team you listed that doesn't have atleast 2 good options or are constantly looking are the Chiefs because they have a really good running attack that they build the offense around but this team did go out and sign Maclin a couple years back. 

Point is most of the teams you listed DO have a number one option(Gronk and Nelson), have 2 really good options(Lions) or are constantly looking for options to improve(Seahawks). These teams still constantly look to improve whether that is finding more options after there #1 or trying to find that #1 and if we can have an elite group of WR's like Pitt does with Brown or Bryant you have to atleast think about it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:58 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I can't see the logic taking a receiver in the 1st again. packers seahawks patriots cheifs don't have a true number 1 go to receiver and even a team like the cowboys dez bryant misses some games their fine. lions are fine without megatron

Given the options in the poll, Williams would be my pick.  Butt is a reach for depth behind Eifert.  Peppers has bust written all over him.  McDowell really seems like a better fit for a 3-4 team.  Those guys are easy to eliminate.

I'm not as high on Barnett as most around here.  His production is inflated by his coaches moving him around into favorable matchups and guessing at snap counts, which causes him to get caught offsides a good deal.  He's definitely a 1st round prospect and fills a need, but I don't think he's worth a Top 10 pick or that he's that much better than guys who may fall to us in the 2nd like Charlton, McKinley, or Walker.

Fournette would be a big upgrade and RB is a big need with Peerman and Burkhead FA's after this year, Hill entering a contract year with his play declining, and Gio trying to return from injury.  However, a deep RB class, concerns about his ankles, and his decision not to play in his team's bowl game drop him below Williams.

If Williams is available when we pick, he'll be the BPA and #2 WR is a huge need.  LaFell is serviceable, but a FA and could easily be upgraded.  Boyd has shown to be nothing but a possession receiver.  Wright is worse than Tate.  Core is an unknown.  Erickson is a good returner, but nothing more.  WR's get massively overpaid in FA, and we can turn a weakness into a strength relatively cheap for 5 years.  Plus, the WR class in round 2 is fairly weak.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 09:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: Given the options in the poll, Williams would be my pick.  Butt is a reach for depth behind Eifert.  Peppers has bust written all over him.  McDowell really seems like a better fit for a 3-4 team.  Those guys are easy to eliminate.

I'm not as high on Barnett as most around here.  His production is inflated by his coaches moving him around into favorable matchups and guessing at snap counts, which causes him to get caught offsides a good deal.  He's definitely a 1st round prospect and fills a need, but I don't think he's worth a Top 10 pick or that he's that much better than guys who may fall to us in the 2nd like Charlton, McKinley, or Walker.

Fournette would be a big upgrade and RB is a big need with Peerman and Burkhead FA's after this year, Hill entering a contract year with his play declining, and Gio trying to return from injury.  However, a deep RB class, concerns about his ankles, and his decision not to play in his team's bowl game drop him below Williams.

If Williams is available when we pick, he'll be the BPA and #2 WR is a huge need.  LaFell is serviceable, but a FA and could easily be upgraded.  Boyd has shown to be nothing but a possession receiver.  Wright is worse than Tate.  Core is an unknown.  Erickson is a good returner, but nothing more.  WR's get massively overpaid in FA, and we can turn a weakness into a strength relatively cheap for 5 years.  Plus, the WR class in round 2 is fairly weak.

You cant really hold Fournette skipping the bowl game against him though. A Large majority of the guys in CFB are playing for a chance at the nfl, dude knows he is a lock for round one and isnt nor should he risk an injury. Remember what happened to Jaylon Smith?
Reply/Quote