Poll: C'mon man, THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!
A. Jake Butt, TE Michigan - Aaron Hernandez killed like a dozen people, but Gronk and him was a SWEET idea...
B. Jabril Peppers, S/LB Michigan - Did Ed Reed have a baby with Ray Lewis and they shipped him to Ann Arbor?
C. Mike Williams, WR Clemson - Uh Boyd as the #3... Did my brain just explode? Greatest Show on Turf Part Deux.
D. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU - Sorry Jeremy, but hey, he did go to LSU.
E. Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee - RG3 is going to be shaking in his boots.
F. Malik McDowell, DE/DT Michigan State - Sorry Domata, but hey, he did go to Michigan State... Cya.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What college PLAYMAKER do you want the most?
(12-22-2016, 06:03 PM)3wt Wrote: Reuben Foster
Jamal Adams
Derek Barnett
Dalvin Cook
John Ross

In about that order

You're leaving out DeMarcus Walker....and Id I'd have Cook higher to shed Hill.....but that's about right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:   To me, Tim Williams has the quickest first step.  If the Bengals only used him as a situational pass rusher, they would get snaps out of him than recent picks like Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Ogbuehi, and WJIII.  Plus he has the arrest for carrying a pistol without a permit and I wonder if there is anything else.  He reminds me of Von Miller, though.

There are 'rumors' that Tim Williams has substantial issues off the field beyond his gun arrest.  WalterFootball has already dropped him to borderline first round.  Might be this year's Randy Gregory.  
Reply/Quote
I want a d-lineman in 1 badly. Particualrly Barnett.

That said, I'd be pretty excited to see Dalvin Cook on this team. He's just a monster and his contributions in the passing game are massive. He's a game changer. It's tough because rb seems like a superficial need for the Bengals right now, but they could really use another weapon with speed.

If they could get Cook in 1 and maybe McKinley or Walker in 2, then manage to get a 2 for MCcarron to address o-line or safety, I'd be pretty damn pleased.

The 3 guys I like most in 1 are Barnett, Jamal Adams, and Dalvin Cook ATM.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 04:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The more I watch this DE class, the less I think we will get a Pro Bowl caliber DE outside of the two names you mentioned.  When I look at DEs I want to see first step quickness, an ability to dip and bend around the OT, and a counter move.  I'm not seeing a lot of first step quickness.  To me, Tim Williams has the quickest first step.  If the Bengals only used him as a situational pass rusher, they would get snaps out of him than recent picks like Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Ogbuehi, and WJIII.  Plus he has the arrest for carrying a pistol without a permit and I wonder if there is anything else.  He reminds me of Von Miller, though.

With Tim Williams problems off the field he might fall to us in the 2nd round, you never know.

But then we would be the Bengals of old who always take troubled players.

(12-30-2016, 07:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Williams is an intriguing prospect, to be sure.  If he can play SLB, he could kill two birds with one stone by adding some desperately needed talent to the LB corps and helping the pass rush.  The gun charge probably makes him too much of a risk at #8, though.

Takk McKinley is a similar type of player.  He perhaps doesn't have quite the first Williams does, but he has great closing speed.  UCLA will line him up at MIKE and let him blitz on occasion, and it creates a lot of chaos.  

I like Mckinley, where is he slated right now?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Tim Williams problems off the field he might fall to us in the 2nd round, you never know.

If the extent of the off field issue is just carrying without a permit I'm okay with it. If there is more to it then I'm not sure. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:35 AM)samhain Wrote: I want a d-lineman in 1 badly. Particualrly Barnett.

That said, I'd be pretty excited to see Dalvin Cook on this team. He's just a monster and his contributions in the passing game are massive. He's a game changer. It's tough because rb seems like a superficial need for the Bengals right now, but they could really use another weapon with speed.

If they could get Cook in 1 and maybe McKinley or Walker in 2, then manage to get a 2 for MCcarron to address o-line or safety, I'd be pretty damn pleased.

The 3 guys I like most in 1 are Barnett, Jamal Adams, and Dalvin Cook ATM.

I'm giving safety's one more year due to fact that Williams is moving from ss to fs if they play bad next year as well.... Hello Malik hooker dude is a mix of ed Reed and Eric berry. I also would mind Walker out of fsu
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Tim Williams problems off the field he might fall to us in the 2nd round, you never know.

McKinley is a late 1st-early 2nd guy, currently.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:57 PM)MC Howley Wrote: My delusions have finally ended. Now its time to start looking towards drafting some more GAME CHANGERS...

And by the way, lets all be a little bit positive here... Boyd looks amazing, Eifert isn't making another Pro-Bowl so he will be 100% for next year... and looking awesome right now...

We got William Jackson III (straight up stud some people call him Revis Island Jr., I bet) and Andrew Billings (605-bench, 905-squat, Powerclean-475..total 1,985... does yoga to stay flexible, oh my god)... BEAST MODE!

Plus, ALEX ERICKSON? Dude, is crushing it. Oh myyyyy! Should change his name to HE HATE ME.

Anyways... Like we all are guessing... We are only going to get richer in the offseason.. And maybe double richer if we get another 1st or 2nd rounder for AJ McCarron (cya)..

So WHO & WHAT DOES EVERYONE WANT? Lets vote it out. 

[Image: HALCA-Vote-180x180.jpg]
[Image: 2977800.png&w=350&h=254]
Hey! I'm Alex Ericsson and Devin Hester is inside of me like that Marlon Wayans ghost movie The 6th Man.

Bwahahahaha...love it!  Any reference to HE HATE ME gets rep...

Honeslty, to your point, the selections Jerry Jones made when he actually created a Championship squad in the 90s was based on one key criteria:  He wanted playmakers.  

I am warming up to the idea of Dalvin Cook in the first round, and then try to move up in Rd 2 to get the pass-rushing RDE.  That draft class is pretty deep.  Cook fits our team if Hill is released and you go with Cook, Sexy, Gio, and Peerman.  Aside from Peerman's special teams emphasis, all 3 backs are receiving threats, can get outside, and can run between the tackles.  No more reading the play by the personnel on the field.  
Reply/Quote
None of the above. I want me a Hooker!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 07:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If the extent of the off field issue is just carrying without a permit I'm okay with it. If there is more to it then I'm not sure. 

Same here.

(01-01-2017, 03:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: McKinley is a late 1st-early 2nd guy, currently.

I would not be against moving up to get Takk in the 2nd round.

Package McCarron and Hill and get a few extra picks on a trade, i think this would be ideal for this team right now.

Draft Dalvin Cook in the first, move up to get McKinley in the 2nd and draft Elfein in the 3rd if he is there or Toth.
Reply/Quote