Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you get for Christmas
As a Dad, I like getting our kids and grandkids cool stuff and like most Dads, I really don't care about receiving because for 1, I really don't want them to spend their money and 2, Dad gifts are usually something they catch on the way out the store that has a Bengals logo on it. LOL Anyway, my son bought me a friggen Bengals lava lamp that has orange wax in it. I've never had a lava lamp but I swear I have been staring at this thing for awhile and I really wish I had a joint right now and I can't remember how long it's been since I've burnt one?

Disclaimer: I said I like to get gifts, which I do. But I only buy like about 5% of them. Usually the wife buys them all. Last night I watched my daughter open a present and I said, OMG thats so nice. Who got you that? She said, "You did." So I looked at her like a deer in the headlights, she returned the same look, then we both started laughing hysterically as my face must have been redder than a baboons ass.

I also got a totally awesome yetti (I get a new mug/cup every year. I have like 10 Bengals yetti's). However, this one was personally designed. It's like an orange/black/gray marble looking with a Bengals logo on it. It is very nice. 

Oh, Oh, Oh, and the greatest thing I got was from my wife. Not a friggen thing but a credit card statement that made me pee a little.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A giant credit card bill?
Reply/Quote
My little brother and I usually get each other gag gifts this year was different.

Staying with tradition I bought him a 20 pack of AA batteries and wrote gift not included on an index card. My Brother breaking tradition found a 1st Edition/1st Printing signed Eye of the World in excellent condition for my collection. He just grinned and said the jokes on you the little bastard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This year because I live alone and a five-hour drive from the closest relative I had to be my own Santa. There was the new mattress, which really does help my sleep and my new rug, which matches all my stuff in the room it's in.

My favorite present though came from Consume, which was a business that rose from IL legalizing recreational cannabis this year. It was a 100 mg box of dark chocolate peppermint bark. It can be broken into 10 pieces, and as the kids at Consume said, one piece at a time is enough!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:54 AM)Benton Wrote: A giant credit card bill?

Yes. But I over exaggerated a little. I already paid it off as I do every month. We like to use the cards for the cash back. We have 3 different cards that once used throughout the year adds up to a nice little bonus to help go towards Christmas gifts.

Reply/Quote
More than I deserved.
Reply/Quote
A visit from the feds thanks to the machine gun I found. LOL

In all seriousness, we don't do gifts for the adults. We get my niece gifts and that's it. This year, my immediate family (minus my wife, who had to stay home to look after her dad) got an AirBnB in the area where we are from and used that to stage out of as we continued to clean out my uncle's house. We managed to get just about everything done we needed to and found some stuff along the way. We each took home some Christmas ornaments that belonged to my grandmother as well as a few other odds and ends. But the machine gun was the most interesting find and will be a fun adventure when the BATF gets back to me, I'm assuming tomorrow.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I didn't get anything from anyone, since I'm by myself now. I got myself a gift though, a 2020 F150! It's loaded and getting a leveling kit in a couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
Not much of anything besides a few things of clothes and $500 to play in my poker group.

My parents have six grandkids up here (and two in Charlotte) and they all got pretty much more than we got in five years of Christmas growing up, which we had pretty great Christmases growing up!

I didn't ask anybody for much so it was pretty good!

My old man loved his presents with the custom frames!
Reply/Quote
A few years back, I needed caps on both of my front teeth. That year, all I got for Christmas was my two front teeth... my two front teeth... yes, my two front teeth!

True story.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Two Bengals wins...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: A few years back, I needed caps on both of my front teeth. That year, all I got for Christmas was my two front teeth... my two front teeth... yes, my two front teeth!

True story.

They look nice buddy. Congrats.   Cool

[Image: 19129899_web1_101023-CCI-beaver-rescue_1-1024x683.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I didn't get anything from anyone, since I'm by myself now. I got myself a gift though, a 2020 F150! It's loaded and getting a leveling kit in a couple of weeks.

Sad

And that's why we are family. 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I didn't get anything from anyone, since I'm by myself now. I got myself a gift though, a 2020 F150! It's loaded and getting a leveling kit in a couple of weeks.

i thought about buying a new car but didnt want anything with 2020 on it.
Reply/Quote
I didn't go to work for 4 days. Today I realized I should've kept it up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sad

And that's why we are family. 

I'll share it with you! Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i thought about buying a new car but didnt want anything with 2020 on it.

Been a rough year no doubt! Local dealership had to move inventory and I couldn't pass it up. Btw, I hope all is well with your family!
Reply/Quote
I got a heapin' helpin' of holiday herpes.
Reply/Quote
An accordion missing a few parts, and an unsmokeable smoking pipe. I told my wife no more Christmas shopping at the antique store.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
A large case for my Cards Against Humanity cards, a digital picture frame, a watercolor painting of my late cat (they did an amazing job), and a Bengals Santa ceramic Christmas decoration that unfortunately came out of the box broken.

She had gifted me two other Bengals Santa decorations years back, and she looks for them every year. It's probably been close to 10 years since the last one. Being limited edition, we aren't sure if we will be able to get a replacement. That will make me sad if we can't get it replaced.
Reply/Quote