Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I do?
OK so I have a problem.

My late 93 year old neighbor's great grand daughter, whenever she comes over to his place, I catch her in the act constantly ringing my doorbell then running off.

It seems every time I go over and tell them what happened, they say they will talk to her, but that doesn't do any good.

She did it again yesterday and today also.

If she does it again should I call the police? I would hate to do something like this, bit man I am not sure what else I can do so if anyone has some advice on what I can do Thanks.

She also did it a few times over the summer. And I caught her each time.
Reply/Quote
I would definitely NOT call the police. Not only is that a douchey thing to do to a young child, it makes you look like a really thin-skinned neighbor. I WOULD install a camera to catch her in the act. Then, if/when it happens again, you have video evidence to confront the situation with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would definitely NOT call the police.  Not only is that a douchey thing to do to a young child, it makes you look like a really thin-skinned neighbor.  I WOULD install a camera to catch her in the act.  Then, if/when it happens again, you have video evidence to confront the situation with.

I live in a condo. Would the HOA allow me to have a security/video system installed?
Reply/Quote
Rig up your doorbell to give an electric shock but tell everyone else that they have to knock or they will get zapped.

Get one of those "Ring" doorbells that has a camera.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:53 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I live in a condo. Would the HOA allow me to have a security/video system installed?

Man, they have cameras that are small and inconspicuous, like peel and stick buttons, that feed to your phone via Bluetooth.  Don't cost much, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The neighbor is late? As in dead?

Either way, I'd load up a super soaker full of pickle juice and wait. When she's a about to ring it, soak her down with the smelly stuff. If the parents complain, tell them that's the way you're answering the door these days.
Reply/Quote
It is a kid and a doorbell, lighten up folks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Probably the best thing you could do is, go to your HOA Board of Directors and let them know what is happening. You tried to be civil and talk directly to the other owner, but that didn't work. You might want to check your CC&Rs.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 06:01 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: OK so I have a problem.

My late 93 year old neighbor's great grand daughter, whenever she comes over to his place, I catch her in the act constantly ringing my doorbell then running off.

It seems every time I go over and tell them what happened, they say they will talk to her, but that doesn't do any good.

She did it again yesterday and today also.

If she does it again should I call the police? I would hate to do something like this, bit man I am not sure what else I can do so if anyone has some advice on what I can do Thanks.

She also did it a few times over the summer. And I caught her each time.

loosen a wire in the doorbell so anytime someone rings it they get a little shock...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: loosen a wire in the doorbell so anytime someone rings it they get a little shock...

I like this answer the best. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
If she's 18 and wearing a bikini, answer the door and let her in.
Reply/Quote
Tripwire and M-18 claymore mine.

Either that or get one of those doorbells that record video and you can talk through an app. Once you get the video approach the parents and ask them to split the cost for the doorbell.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dog crap in a bag not that hard
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:11 PM)Benton Wrote: The neighbor is late? As in dead?

Either way, I'd load up a super soaker full of pickle juice and wait. When she's a about to ring it, soak her down with the smelly stuff. If the parents complain, tell them that's the way you're answering the door these days.

"Soak young'uns in pickle juice?  Sign me up!
"

[Image: th?id=OIP.8wQtqA7HgvAnFn5RQckRbQHaL4&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Once this is happening, it's already too late. You have to give off an aura that you are not to be ****** with... Especially by some little girl. I wish a kid would come and ring my doorbell and run... They already know better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I can only think of 2 things. Either disconnect the doorbell or set up bear traps.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:41 AM)jason Wrote: Once this is happening, it's already too late. You have to give off an aura that you are not to be ****** with... Especially by some little girl. I wish a kid would come and ring my doorbell and run... They already know better.

I’d come over to your house and put a flaming paper bag of my dogs poo on your front step. :).

Then I’d sit back and play Waylon Jennings really loud in the bushes until you came out the front door.

Then I’d offer you a Busch light and a scotch just for your troubles.

But that’s just me. :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 07:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’d come over to your house and put a flaming paper bag of my dogs poo on your front step. :).

Then I’d sit back and play Waylon Jennings really loud in the bushes until you came out the front door.

Then I’d offer you a Busch light and a scotch just for your troubles.

But that’s just me. :)

You called the shit "poo".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 07:42 PM)jason Wrote: You called the shit "poo".

[Image: BWjkz7F.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A child ringing doorbells and running off? OMG! What happened to the youth of America? I still remember lighting bags of human waste on fire then waiting for the grumpy old guy to run out and stomp on it to put out the fire.. 
I tell ya.. These kids today have no imagination! 
If that's the worst thing that happens in your neighborhood I'd say you're in a pretty safe area. By all means run out there and execute that lass and teach the other kids a lesson that being a kid will not be tolerated.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote