Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do you like BEST about this team?
It isn't so much trying to put a band-aid on this axe wound of negativity, but I seriously want to know what everyone likes best about this year's squad?

It was frustrating for me that I had such difficulty coming up with even one thing I really liked about this team. I hate the offensive and defensive schemes. Special teams is at one of their lowest ratings in a long time...

I love Dalton, but now I see the effect of no protection and poor WR separation and he has had back-to-back poor outings...

I guess it comes down to one guy: Dre Kirkpatrick. He didn't start the year very strong and he seems to get injured a lot of the time, but the guy is playing his best football in what could have been a stretch run for the playoffs. This guy deserves his next contract.

Honorable Mentions: Tyler Boyd and CJ Uzomah
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta be Dalton. He gets hit pretty hard around here and in the media, but most especially behind his shit offensive line. If you have no time to throw and get rocked when you do, you start seeing ghosts. I used to be a Dalton "hater" but over the past 3 seasons he's been 1a or 1b best player on the team. Something that goes overlooked is his ability to audible into excellent plays. Last season it seemed like 2 of every 3 big plays were plays he checked to. I think we have a franchise qb who could win a Super Bowl if the circumstances around him (offensive line, head coach who isn't terrible) fell into place.
Reply/Quote
Nugent's uncanny knack to hit square on the goal post and make it bounce straight back toward him.

Dude, that is no easy feat.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 11:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Nugent's uncanny knack to hit square on the goal post and make it bounce straight back toward him.

Dude, that is no easy feat.

Right.

Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades.

When it comes to clanging that goal post, he is money.

In fact...  I think Mr. Nugent's nickname should be "Money" for his upright nailing accuracy.

Either that or the Queen City Madman.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Getting a higher draft pick for still accomplishing nothing. Five straight playoff appearances with no wins is about the worst thing that can happen to a franchise.
Reply/Quote
For me it's a tie.....Zampese or Nugent. ...Not sure who I like best.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 12:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Right.

Close is only good in horseshoes and hand grenades.

When it comes to clanging that goal post, he is money.

In fact...  I think Mr. Nugent's nickname should be "Money" for his upright nailing accuracy.

Either that or the Queen City Madman.

If we can somehow convince the NFL to award four points for hitting the uprights, we'll be in bidness.  But, then he'd just start hitting the crossbar.  

Guess you could say there's just no winning with that guy.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I love Dalton, but now I see the effect of no protection and poor WR separation and he has had back-to-back poor outings...
There is no quit in Andy...and I have a feeling that he injured that right shoulder far more than we know and that has a lot to do with those back to back bad outings.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 11:13 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Gotta be Dalton. He gets hit pretty hard around here and in the media, but most especially behind his shit offensive line. If you have no time to throw and get rocked when you do, you start seeing ghosts. I used to be a Dalton "hater" but over the past 3 seasons he's been 1a or 1b best player on the team. Something that goes overlooked is his ability to audible into excellent plays. Last season it seemed like 2 of every 3 big plays were plays he checked to. I think we have a franchise qb who could win a Super Bowl if the circumstances around him (offensive line, head coach who isn't terrible) fell into place.

I agree. Also, I enjoy seeing Boyd getting some reps and with AJ out, think he will get seasoned more quickly which is great for next year. Also enjoy Erickson making a turn for the better. He scared the hell outta me at first but seems he is improving on his decision making.Not great,but improving and hope he continues to do so. Dre K frustrates the hell out of me as well.But I really enjoyed the tip-toe sideline catch last week for the INT. Maybe a fluke, and I'm sure it was, but it showed tremendous talent (which is seldom displayed).

Sad to say, I really had to reach for a response to this thread. We haven't had a lot to of good things happen this year.

Reply/Quote
The helmets. The helmets are cool.

[Image: ba9fc66a938f40568c905c1eecfbf3c0.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I was at least enjoying watching AJ Green have a great season...

Reply/Quote
Shaw
Dre K
Dalton
Green
Boyd
Clark Harris
Eifhurt... when he's not.
Gio
Dunlap
Tez when he's playing well.

Everyone else... meh.

Geno if he wasn't on a milk carton.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 11:13 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Gotta be Dalton. He gets hit pretty hard around here and in the media, but most especially behind his shit offensive line. If you have no time to throw and get rocked when you do, you start seeing ghosts. I used to be a Dalton "hater" but over the past 3 seasons he's been 1a or 1b best player on the team. Something that goes overlooked is his ability to audible into excellent plays. Last season it seemed like 2 of every 3 big plays were plays he checked to. I think we have a franchise qb who could win a Super Bowl if the circumstances around him (offensive line, head coach who isn't terrible) fell into place.

Agreed used to be a Dalton hater as well but he's impressed me these last two years. Think he's done well this season considering we can't run the ball, have a terrible offensive line, two new receivers one of them being a rookie, a new offensive coordinator, and him being without his pro bowl tight end for the 1st half of the season. And he has even less now that Bernard and Green are out.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 12:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If we can somehow convince the NFL to award four points for hitting the uprights, we'll be in bidness.  But, then he'd just start hitting the crossbar.  

Guess you could say there's just no winning with that guy.  

Since the NFL has experimented and moved the extra point back, I think they should toy with implementing a change in field goals.

Any FG from 1 to 50 yards 3 points, anything over 50 yards 4 points!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 01:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Since the NFL has experimented and moved the extra point back, I think they should toy with implementing a change in field goals.

Any FG from 1 to 50 yards 3 points, anything over 50 yards 4 points!

And if any of those "single bar athletes" misses, the defensive tackle from the opposing team gets to kick him in the babymaker.
Reply/Quote
The helmets!
Reply/Quote
This year's team at the very least has given me plenty to laugh about.. There comes a point in every losing season where it becomes a comedy of errors and this one has proven plenty of predictable comedy..
End of the 4th quarter when you begin thinking possible comeback those comedy gems of sack, sack, sack come like the sun rising in the east . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The colors.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The loyal and evoted fan base supports the team 100% as long as they win every single game.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The loyal and evoted fan base supports the team 100% as long as they win every single game.

I love this team. Doesn't mean there are not issues to be adressed. 

Reply/Quote