Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do you like BEST about this team?
(11-27-2016, 08:20 PM)car91 Wrote: Good luck getting Fred to admit the team has issues.

Fred just likes to argue, it's what attorneys do. He probably uses these boards as a "lunatic fringe" type of pump up session.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: There talented, but they are non-motivated.

I disagree.  I see them playing inspired and motivated, just with lapses in judgement and poor execution.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF?

The people who turned this positive thread into a whinefest are the ones who ruined it.

I am on your side.  I think that there are plenty opf other threads to whine and cry.  I felt this one should have been reserved for positive comments.  But the usual crowd turned it into just another chance to complain.  That is why I made the cvomment that I did.

What do you have to say to all the people who are actually making negative comments in this thread?

I have the same statement that I have to the people that don't buy tickets when we were having difficulty selling out games to have them on local TV.....Complete silence.  

I don't tell people how to cope.  I don't tell them how to deal with the frustration of being a Bengal fan.  If you want to lash out, I get it.  If you want to come up with solutions, I get that, too.  I don't tell fans how to behave (within reason) but I hope that whatever method they use to deal with it all helps them STAY BENGAL FANS.

Lord knows there aren't enough of us or the league would give us realistic officiating and a schedule that doesn't read:  "Apply lube before reading and assume the position".  I want us to stand together, and continue the hope that there will someday be a merging of a great coach, players, and competitive balance and they will win a NFL Championship.  
Reply/Quote
I like our BACKUP QUARTERBACK the best.

Mega trade bait, hopefully we send him to the NFL Combine and he shows off his skills... and BOOM, we get ourselves a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for AJ McCarron, the goat of backups.

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 12:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have the same statement that I have to the people that don't buy tickets when we were having difficulty selling out games to have them on local TV.....Complete silence.  

I don't tell people how to cope.  I don't tell them how to deal with the frustration of being a Bengal fan.  If you want to lash out, I get it.  If you want to come up with solutions, I get that, too.  I don't tell fans how to behave (within reason) but I hope that whatever method they use to deal with it all helps them STAY BENGAL FANS.

Then why are you attacking me?

You complain that I took a dump on your attempt to start a "positive thread" but when everyone else tries to turn it negative you say nothing.

So Mr "Complete Silence" you need to take your own advice and cut out the personal attacks against me.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The loyal and evoted fan base supports the team 100% as long as they win every single game.

Many people support this team by attending every single game win or lose even through the 90's. 

If anybody is still a Bengals fan, even the ones who do not go to games after the muck they have been drug through. 

Their loyalty should never be in question.

Being a Bengals fan is a tough gig !  It is not for the faint of heart. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why are you attacking me?

You complain that I took a dump on your attempt to start a "positive thread" but when everyone else tries to turn it negative you say nothing.

So Mr "Complete Silence" you need to take your own advice and cut out the personal attacks against me.

You did take a verbal dump in the thread...being sad when you are called out on it is your issue, not mine.  And there is a big difference between venting about the team and your insulting pretty much every fan on here.  Don't dish it out if you can't dish it in.  
Reply/Quote
The hot chocolate at PBS. Concessions finally got it right.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Orange Jersey, Black Pants ....

Still undefeated with this combo!!! Wink

[Image: chad-johnson.jpg]   ThumbsUp [Image: 4648328079_2a28bf0295_b.jpg] ThumbsUp
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What do I like best about the 2016 Cincinnati Bengals?

That's easy: Andy Dalton and Vontaze Burfict.

Andy and Vontaze exemplify the winning attitude the entire roster needs to have and they go all out on every play whether the Bengals are up by ten or down by twenty. I wish their attitudes were more infectious -- especially to the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought 42 looked good today

Burfict has looked good all year

Dre is a viable starting CB

As to what I like best about this team: They're in Cincinnati.

His first two games were rough....but he has bounced back nicely.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How different would the responses be if this question was asked while the team was on an 8-0 tear last season? A lot more positive things would have been mentioned, without a doubt. We have basically the same team, minus 2 WR's (which, I refuse to believe is making any difference), and a couple different coaches. When asked what I like best about this team, it's difficult to come up with anything except:

1. I love that Dalton plays his heart out every game, regardless of the score, who's on the field, and what mistakes he may have made.
He plays to win and at times it feels like he is the only one who cares if they win or not. Until the last couple games, he has also played pretty damn good. I think the pressure to make something happen has gotten to him and he's pressing, forcing the mistakes. Can't blame the guy though. At least he hasn't given up despite the turd of a season they are having.

2. AJ Green is still on the roster.

That's about it for me at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It isn't so much trying to put a band-aid on this axe wound of negativity, but I seriously want to know what everyone likes best about this year's squad?

It was frustrating for me that I had such difficulty coming up with even one thing I really liked about this team.  I hate the offensive and defensive schemes.  Special teams is at one of their lowest ratings in a long time...

I love Dalton, but now I see the effect of no protection and poor WR separation and he has had back-to-back poor outings...

I guess it comes down to one guy:  Dre Kirkpatrick.  He didn't start the year very strong and he seems to get injured a lot of the time, but the guy is playing his best football in what could have been a stretch run for the playoffs.  This guy deserves his next contract.  

Honorable Mentions:  Tyler Boyd and CJ Uzomah

Going into 2017, I think we should have a good defense. We NEED to keep Kirkpatrick.  We could use an upgrade at LB.  I see no reason we can't have a good defense in 2017.......Offense is another story. Our offensive line stinks. The X's and O's don't work without blocking. I also question the Zampese X's and O's........The Offense is just awful......but I do like the defense. .....I also think we can get rid of 40 mil in payroll and improve the offense and even improve the defense with that 40 mil used on people that can actually play this game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 06:42 AM)kevin Wrote: Going into 2017, I think we should have a good defense. We NEED to keep Kirkpatrick.  We could use an upgrade at LB.  I see no reason we can't have a good defense in 2017.......Offense is another story. Our offensive line stinks. The X's and O's don't work without blocking. I also question the Zampese X's and O's........The Offense is just awful......but I do like the defense. .....I also think we can get rid of 40 mil in payroll and improve the offense and even improve the defense with that 40 mil used on people that can actually play this game. 

Where do you cut the $40 Million in payroll?
Reply/Quote