Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think about adding Joe Brady & Ja'marr Chase?
I'd rather get Coach O. and make him say "I like them french fried potaters" in every press conference.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:54 AM)bonesaw Wrote: You must've not watched his only year in Baton Rouge... the one he totally transformed Joe Burrow into a record setting Heisman and 1st overall draft choice.  

Yeah I'd hire him as an OC. Too late for that.

Just because someone is a good Offensive Mind though...doesn't mean they should be a great HC. Different skillsets.

Whoever is our HC needs to be able to bring structure to this team - Practice, gameplanning, player development, communcation, etc. Being good at X's and O's is a nice to have, but ideally we add good coordinators.
Reply/Quote
Step one - fire ZT, Lou and Turner.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:54 AM)bonesaw Wrote: You must've not watched his only year in Baton Rouge... the one he totally transformed Joe Burrow into a record setting Heisman and 1st overall draft choice.  

And then went to the NFL and did......?

I wasn't aware that Joe Brady was responsible for recruiting. Or that it had any basis on what he can do in the NFL where he won't have a 1st round RB, and the 2 best WR in the nation playing against future car and insurance salesmen.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He already did. He’s the OC in Carolina.

Lol and LSU is God Awful this year.... This dudes behind on times..
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would definitely take Joe Brady. His offense is averaging 23.3 points per game, and that’s with Teddy Bridgewater (not knocking him but Burrow is obviously better).

This. 

That's without McCaffrey too. 

Their offense is far and away better than ours with less talent too. They do have a better offensive line (because everyone does besides the Eagles). Passing and rushing per game they average more and are more efficient. 

I'd take Brady. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And then went to the NFL and did......?

I wasn't aware that Joe Brady was responsible for recruiting. Or that it had any basis on what he can do in the NFL where he won't have a 1st round RB, and the 2 best WR in the nation playing against future car and insurance salesmen.

Everyone thought Carolina would have 1 of the worst teams in football. Brady has that offense keeping them in games and overachieving.  Some people are blind or just plain haters... Brady is the next be thing. We will be sorry if we aren't the ones who grab him.. 
There is the little thing of Burrows  average  Jr. Year before Brady got there and transformed him into unstoppable Burrow in his senior year .
Reply/Quote
No - if we can get him in the 4th, sure.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Man, Mike Brown really has some of you guys programmed. Putting another shiny, new weapon out there isn't going to take an ounce of heat off of Burrow, or whichever stiff is standing back there..

If you want to see Joe Burrow play to his maximum potential, you HAVE to build the line and develop an effective rushing attack.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Marshall would be an improvement over Green and maybe had in the second round. If Sewell is gone than maybe Trade down or grab Parsons.

Bengals need at least 3 Oline players that are above average. They have 2 players now that are average and one of the two is made of glass it would appear.

I consider Brady my second choice with EB my first.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't know why people are so gung ho to get Brady. I mean, yeah, i get it. Burrow had a great year at LSU with Brady as his "passing game coordinator" and wide receivers coach. But, Brady has even less experience as OC than Zac did prior to becoming the Bengals (and that's if you even count his time at LSU as an OC).

He's only been on an NFL coaching staff for 2 years soon to be 3 after this season.

Many people were very concerned about Zac's credentials (and for good reason) when he was named Bengals HC, but Brady's is even worse (except his Panthers offense, while not great, still better than anything Zac did at OC anywhere he's been).

Brady has no business being considered for a HC position, so people need to stop hoping for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want Sewell, but it is fun to think about Burrow having a WR group of Chase, Tee, Boyd. It could be the best in the league.

We don't need great WR if we only have time to run 10 yard patterns before our QB gets hit.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't need great WR if we only have time to run 10 yard patterns before our QB gets hit.

Which is why I said I want Sewell.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind Brady but typically after you fire someone you bring in their opposite. So if you fire a player's coach, you bring in a disciplinarian. If they fire Taylor, I don't see the Bengals gambling on another young offensive guy. I would guess they would hire a veteran defensive-minded coach. And while many dream of Zimmer, knowing that Mikey wanted Vance Joseph last time around, that is who I would guess would be the guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Brady won't be 32 until next year. Bigger gamble than ZT, but I'd take him if they bring in the experienced DC (Fangio, Zimmer if fired) and a Senior Assistant to the Offense and I'll support if they try this model one more time and do it right.

Chase is nice, but we have to fix the line. And Burrow (healthy), can make a widereceiver so we can build that room in later rounds over the next couple years.

That's really the kicker with Zac Taylor.
He didn't bring in any coordinators or OL coach with proven success. Anarumo had very limited DC experience. Taylor had very limited OC experience. Turner had not been a good OL coach in the past.

If the HC is going to be green, he needs to have coordinators and coaches who have more proven success.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:30 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: We can pretty much just do this if we want to. Joe Brady as head coach and Ja'Marr with our first round pick.

That 2019 LSU offense was the best college football has ever seen and we have a unique opportunity to add the most impactful pieces of that offense to our team.

We'd have to find O-line help still, obviously, but this strategy is kind of crazy but also makes too much sense IMO and the opportunity is just falling into our lap.

I want a HC that has some skins on the wall and has enough contacts in the league that he can build a quality staff around him.  

I was in the Chase campaign for a while, especially if someone offers you a haul for the #3 overall pick, but right now I think Sewell has to be the pick.  We definitely need a WR that can generate quick separation and take the top off the defense, but I would rather get a less-polished version in Rd 3 than use the #3 overall pick.

Chase is an unbelievable talent.  And I love that he sat this year out.  Most guys coming out of college hit the rookie wall from the late bowl games, and training groups for the combine, the combine, then OTAs.  Chase will be fresh....but I still think Sewell is the more logical pick at #3.  

That being said, they definitely need to give Burrow another weapon and one that isn't the same as Higgins and Boyd.  Baltimore and pitt both were able to lock down our two best WRs (Boyd and Higgins if you weren't sure already) and we had no answer.  Burrow held the ball waiting for someone to get open and no one did....then BAM! 

Those were the only two teams that locked Burrow down, and the way you beat them is with one more top tier WR that is a speed merchant and better protection in the middle.  
Reply/Quote
Brady and Sewell. Chase can be draft pick plan B.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 04:31 AM)Tony Wrote: Everyone thought Carolina would have 1 of the worst teams in football. Brady has that offense keeping them in games and overachieving.  Some people are blind or just plain haters... Brady is the next be thing. We will be sorry if we aren't the ones who grab him.. 
There is the little thing of Burrows  average  Jr. Year before Brady got there and transformed him into unstoppable Burrow in his senior year .

Everyone thought Carolina would have 1 of the worst teams in football .. and they do. They are currently in line to have the 7th overall pick in the 2021 draft.

They have lost 6 of their last 7 games.

A loser who keeps you in close games is still a loser. See: Zac Taylor

They have the 21st scoring offense and the 16th scoring defense. But tell me again how Joe Brady's offense is the one keeping them in games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's really the kicker with Zac Taylor.
He didn't bring in any coordinators or OL coach with proven success. Anarumo had very limited DC experience. Taylor had very limited OC experience. Turner had not been a good OL coach in the past.

If the HC is going to be green, he needs to have coordinators and coaches who have more proven success.

Word was the FO wanted JDR but Taylor wanted to bring in his guy.  If true, makes me dislike him even more.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Everyone thought Carolina would have 1 of the worst teams in football .. and they do. They are currently in line to have the 7th overall pick in the 2021 draft.

They have lost 6 of their last 7 games.

A loser who keeps you in close games is still a loser. See: Zac Taylor

They have the 21st scoring offense and the 16th scoring defense. But tell me again how Joe Brady's offense is the one keeping them in games.

Brady is only finishing up his 3rd season on ANY NFL team's coaching staff and people are apparently fine with just making him a HC with less experience than Zac Taylor had. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote