Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want as the bengals number1 pick?
In this order:

Garrett
Allen
Barnett
Cunningham
Foster
McDowell
Robinson
Tim Williams
Adams
Mike Williams
Reply/Quote
need to do something about pass rush and offensive line with first two picks.

How good is Ohio State's center? Is he a second round pick?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 11:35 AM)bengals67 Wrote: need to do something about pass rush and offensive line with first two picks.

How good is Ohio State's center? Is he a second round pick?

He's good.  Does well in run blocking, as well as pass protection, easily their best OLman this season.  At 6'4" and 310, strong lower body, has the aggression to do battle with NFL NTs.  Has experience at multiple spots.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Stick to the trenches the first couple of rounds.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
number 1 need is defensive tackle to complement Atkins. We could survive another season with MJ. I think fisher would be ok at right tackle. We can find decent linebackers in round 2 or three.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:14 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: number 1 need is defensive tackle to complement Atkins. We could survive another season with MJ. I think fisher would be ok at right tackle. We can find decent linebackers in round 2 or three.

Andrew Billings
Reply/Quote
If I were king for a day I would take offensive line RD 1 every single draft. Outside of the QB it's the most important part of a football team - and may be THE most important, QB included.

I'm sure some are laughing right now but I'm serious. I would build my team every year by adding the best o-lineman available in RD 1. Everything else, including a decent QB can be found in later rounds. If your line is great your team is very difficult to beat. Heck, if AD had a line like Dallas or Oakland he'd be the top QB in the league. Not only that, our running game would be much better with lesser talent required.

Call me crazy but I've seen enough football to realize it's the only way to be consistently consistent. Last Sunday was a perfect example. Even average players can perform (our current receiving corps) if the QB has the time to spread the ball around.
Reply/Quote
Reuben Foster, the man is a beast.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Demarcus Walker DE/DT Florida State
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:53 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: If I were king for a day I would take offensive line RD 1 every single draft. Outside of the QB it's the most important part of a football team - and may be THE most important, QB included.

I'm sure some are laughing right now but I'm serious. I would build my team every year by adding the best o-lineman available in RD 1. Everything else, including a decent QB can be found in later rounds. If your line is great your team is very difficult to beat. Heck, if AD had a line like Dallas or Oakland he'd be the top QB in the league. Not only that, our running game would be much better with lesser talent required.

Call me crazy but I've seen enough football to realize it's the only way to be consistently consistent. Last Sunday was a perfect example. Even average players can perform (our current receiving corps) if the QB has the time to spread the ball around.
Definitely not laughing at you... But I will say this... O line is so important because because of the premium placed on pass rushers. The NFL has become simple. Have a QB, and get after the other QB.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: Definitely not laughing at you... But I will say this... O line is so important because because of the premium placed on pass rushers. The NFL has become simple. Have a QB, and get after the other QB.

Exactly. Not trying to discount the importance of the OL (look at us this year), but when wa the last time a dominant OL won the SB? 

Otoh, the defending champs won on the strength of their DL and pass rush. The Giants did the same a couple of times, etc.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 11:07 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Obviously we need a ton of great draft picks. That being said I would love to land Reuben foster from bama. Kid is an absolute stud and would really help our line backing core. Obviously our line backer core needs help and he would be perfect. We do need offensive linemen big time with the exception of a few. Secondly and special teams also need a lot of help. When should want the befalls to draft, an dhooefully they read mccarron as well who will garnish some good draft picks. Next I would go online specifically bodine. I'd also like to draft a true 2nd opposite of aj green to keep the defense honest. Don't get me wrong I think we have some great players that can make plays when we need them most. Further more, what do you feel are the most important type players we need to win cause let's face it we   To add some great players to our current line up We need to add some guys who are stronger in The secondary, some who aren't afraid to leave it out on the field. Having billings back soon will really help out front line passing just don't bite everytime. I can't wait to see Jackson as well as some other good players. I'm excited to see the future of this team as I assume they will be ready to go out and crush them. No disrespect to those who go to southern new Hampshire university and the prisoners to come in and add some swag to the bengals secondary. I hang out and listen,  just curious to what you think of the current players that you see and have to root for. Also, the guys we need players that will play till they are able to perform on the field. In the upcoming draft, who would you kill to have the bengals draft? Furthermore, what current college player do you want with our first pick?
There are 2 Alabama Linebackers expected to go early in Round One.  I have feeling either of these Alabama Linebackers would be an upgrade to our Linebackers.....The First Round this year is loaded with good Linebackers.  This is opposite the lack of First Round Linebackers lately.  Bengals had to bring in Harrison, Hawk and Dansby because they could not draft the needed Linebacker.....That will NOT be the case this draft....I am ready to welcome in one of these two Alabama Linebackers to add to Burfict....I remember the Steelers with Lambert, Ham and Russell. Just unbeatable.  I remember the Browns loaded at linebacker in the 1980's and big reason Bengals didn't go to play-offs more in the 80's.  If we add one of these top rated Bama Linebackers to Burfict, we have ourselves Super Bowl Defense. We alreadt have top talent at D Line and DB. 

We could use O Line help, but the draft has linebackers more in the First Round this year.  Plus we just drafted O Linemen early.  I'm all for a Bama LB in Round One and O Line help in Round 2 and both make us tougher in the trenches where the game is won or lost. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We definately need a new Center and need a future OT with the way Og has played and with Whit's age.

Also we need another pass rusher on the D-line and an athletic LB.

Mid round Kicker as well.

Lot of needs but getting a new HC and O-line coach would helps this team the most no question.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 11:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's good.  Does well in run blocking, as well as pass protection, easily their best OLman this season.  At 6'4" and 310, strong lower body, has the aggression to do battle with NFL NTs.  Has experience at multiple spots.

Name? Only watched the Michigan game this year and didn't catch the Center's name.

All i have heard on here is OSU's Center lol
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:53 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: If I were king for a day I would take offensive line RD 1 every single draft.  Outside of the QB it's the most important part of a football team - and may be THE most important, QB included.

I'm sure some are laughing right now but I'm serious.  I would build my team every year by adding the best o-lineman available in RD 1.  Everything else, including a decent QB can be found in later rounds.  If your line is great your team is very difficult to beat.  Heck, if AD had a line like Dallas or Oakland he'd be the top QB in the league.  Not only that, our running game would be much better with lesser talent required.

Call me crazy but I've seen enough football to realize it's the only way to be consistently consistent.  Last Sunday was a perfect example.  Even average players can perform (our current receiving corps) if the QB has the time to spread the ball around.

You are definitely not crazy

why do you think the cowboys are doing so well with a rookie QB

This is dead on correct
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Name? Only watched the Michigan game this year and didn't catch the Center's name.

I am up for OSU's center or whoever is better. We have needed a stud center for more than 10 yeares

Every team in the playoffs this year has a center who is far better than Bodine.

First Bengal ever drafted was a center. Mike needs to think about that
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 04:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I am up for OSU's center or whoever is better. We have needed a stud center for more than 10 yeares

Every team in the playoffs this year has a center who is far better than Bodine.

First Bengal ever drafted was a center. Mike needs to think about that

For sure. Bodine is not the answer. Get rid of PA hire a new O-line coach, draft a Center and an OT.

I think Westerman could be just fine for us at RG coached up correctly if Zeitler leaves. Not like Zeit has been playing
great as of late either. This would go a long way to improving this team as a whole. Like you said, look at Dallas with
a rookie QB. That O-line keeps their Defense off the field and fresh, helps everyone.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Name? Only watched the Michigan game this year and didn't catch the Center's name.

Elfein.  He's a guard who moved to center this year.  Pocic at LSU seems to be the general consensus best prospect at center, but I actually prefer Elfein.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 04:51 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Elfein.  He's a guard who moved to center this year.  Pocic at LSU seems to be the general consensus best prospect at center, but I actually prefer Elfein.

Thanks Goalpost. Sounds great to me, a solid Center would help this team maybe more than anything.

Been saying this for years. Held out hope for Bodine long enough.
Reply/Quote
Derek Barnett. Pure pass rusher with a fight to the ball and great pursuit. He wants to win and does whatever he can to do so. Passed Reggie White's college sack record. Barnett would be the dominate pass rusher we've been missing from mour defensive ends. Sure, Dunlap is really good, but he doesn't take over many games. He's a great overall defensive end and does A LOT right.

Mike Williams is someone the Bengals can also take a look at. They signed LaFell to a 1 year deal. Even though I don't think he's been bad by any means, Mike Williams would be an upgrade. I want Boyd to take over on the outside, but I also wouldn't mind Williams being drafted.

Jamal Adams is someone I also really like. I was never a fan of resigning Williams to a long term deal when he had little playing time. Adams is instinctive and always around the ball. He covers well and has the size to be able to take on running backs and tight ends. He's versatile and I think he'd be a very good fit here.

I know people clamor for offensive line, but honestly I don't see anyone worth a top 10 pick. I'm not really that huge of a fan of Cam Robinson. He actually struggled against some of the better defensive ends in this class. I was watching Barnett against Alabama and he was applying consistent pressure and even got to the QB. Robinson did well against Garrett though, but his tape is very up and down.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote