Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does Tee Higgins do that makes him worth 20+ million a year?
(06-25-2022, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I saw a few they gave to Jonah that were Spain or Carman's fault but yeah, Jonah needs to improve and I think he will.

True, it would really help Jonah if Carmen has a very good year.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 05:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: JaMar Chase is so good , it's easy to forget
Just how good Tee really is.
Tee is deceptively strong and will break arm
Tackles after securing the catch
People say "well Tee doesn't draw the other
Teams number #1 CB...blah blah blah "
Well in todays NFL your number #2 CB
Is almost as darn good as your number #1
CB. It's a passing league now
Tee Higgins has elite WR skills
I hope Cincy can retain him long term
He is proven to be the best value pick of 2020 Draft

Some D's will put their 1 on the 2 and double the 1 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 12:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: True, it would really help Jonah if Carmen has a very good year.

Always helps having somebody decent next to you on the Line. Honestly this is why I think we should bring back Hopkins.

He played pretty damn good for having both Spain and Adeniji on both sides of him in the Postseason. Hop doesn't deserve 
to be sitting out there without a team. He would be great depth at Center and CAN play Guard even if I find his Guard play 
suspect.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always helps having somebody decent next to you on the Line. Honestly this is why I think we should bring back Hopkins.

He played pretty damn good for having both Spain and Adeniji on both sides of him in the Postseason. Hop doesn't deserve 
to be sitting out there without a team. He would be great depth at Center and CAN play Guard even if I find his Guard play 
suspect.

Hopkins guard play was never considered good.  That said, Adeniji's guard play should be investigated as being criminal...

If I had to bet today I would think they are counting on Brown to take backup center and backup guard (behind Volson), like Hopkins this would allow us to cut Adeniji and Hill freeing up another spot.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 03:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hopkins guard play was never considered good.  That said, Adeniji's guard play should be investigated as being criminal...

If I had to bet today I would think they are counting on Brown to take backup center and backup guard (behind Volson), like Hopkins this would allow us to cut Adeniji and Hill freeing up another spot.

Yeah that Adeniji was criminally bad lol

Agree on Ben Brown, was surprised he went undrafted, so happy we got him. I too think he could get a spot especially if Trey Hill
cannot get over his knee injuries and the penalty problems.
Reply/Quote
Ok I go to the YMCA here in Prattville Al where Cam Taylor Britts best friend is the program director. I found this out because he has CTBs Nebraska jersey hanging on the wall. I went in a few weeks after the draft and we talked about the Bengals for a while. Very knowledgeable dude and him and CTB obviously discuss everything.
CTB was back in town last weekend and talked to my guy. We had a pow wow this week and got some interesting feedback.
CTB told him that Tee is harder to cover/stay with and defend than Jamarr….but he said Jamarr is impossible to cover when Joe was throwing to him. Says they got that shat down lol.
Also said Joe is cool as can be and the real deal.
We all know about Joe and how Tee is a specimen, I just thought that was interesting.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:53 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Ok I go to the YMCA here in Prattville Al where Cam Taylor Britts best friend is the program director. I found this out because he has CTBs Nebraska jersey hanging on the wall. I went in a few weeks after the draft and we talked about the Bengals for a while. Very knowledgeable dude and him and CTB obviously discuss everything.
CTB was back in town last weekend and talked to my guy. We had a pow wow this week and got some interesting feedback.
CTB told him that Tee is harder to cover/stay with and defend than Jamarr….but he said Jamarr is impossible to cover when Joe was throwing to him.  Says they got that shat down lol.
Also said Joe is cool as can be and the real deal.
We all know about Joe and how Tee is a specimen, I just thought that was interesting.

Thanks for this CottonHill, very interesting and informative. Love this inside info from one of our players I am really high on.

So happy we traded up for CTB as I know he wouldn't of been there if we stayed pat.
Reply/Quote
I'm a little surprised Terry McLaurin's 3 year/$70 mil extension with the Commanders hasn't come into this discussion. When you factor in the final year of his rookie deal, it comes out to 4 years/$72.8 mil and an $18.2 APY. McLaurin is obviously a clear cut WR1 and has dealt with a carousel of dreadful QB's, but their production is similar.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins is worth 20M a year as a clear #1. He had 900 yards his rookie year in 15 games and Finley/Allen starting 6 of those. Tall, Good hands, body control, decent speed, good routes. I'd love to see him stay, but unless the Bengals are gonna pony up this is when they should learn to trade players away. IMO if he has another 100 yard season as a #2, he'll bring in a high draft pick. Of course, we could be chasing rings and have him play out the contract before letting him go to free agency. It's a real bad look to have people unhappy in the locker room.
Reply/Quote