Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What draft pick would you have changed for Oline?
(05-01-2017, 07:22 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Moton from Western Michigan seems like a worthy exception.

Moton was taken just before our pick in the fourth. Elflein was taken just before our pick in the third (And Feeney). We had 9 day 3 picks at that point...plenty of capital to make a move at either juncture.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 02:12 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Ironic, because Westerman is a 5th rounder who has not played any snaps in the NFL.

I never understood why people were so high on Westerman. Sure. I think he could do well. But he's done nothing. He could be downright terrible. Or he could be amazing. The fact is, he's a 5th rounder, so it's not far-fetched to think a 4th rounder would be better and have more impact than him.

People are high on Westerman because some had him as high as a 2nd rounder in a better OL class vs guys with 4-5th round grades that would be lucky to go in the 6th round in a good class.

Beyond that, a full TC, a year in the system, and a year in a pro weight room are pretty big advantages.

The other issue is, aside from Wisconsin, no college is pumping out a lot of pro ready OL.  It takes years to develop them.  Drafting a kid and giving him a year or two in your system and then overreacting and drafting a similar or worse prospect over them is a great way to ensure terrible OL play year after year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 12:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought it was funny this was supposedly a bad OL class. 2 of the patriots 4 picks were OL. Needless to say I wont be surprised if they found a good one

Well, the Patriots drafted two T's.  Of course, they only had 2 T's on the roster going into the draft, so they needed them just to fill out their depth chart.
Reply/Quote
I'm going in fully confident that Elliott will be the greatest kicker in Bengals history and if I'm wrong I'll send someone a small bag of sawdust as long as they pay the shipping.. 
I'm already envisioning the scenario where Elliot is absolutely outstanding the entire season until that one missed FG when we're winning by 20 points and suddenly Elliott will be the worst pick in Bengals history..

Ok, just kidding. I have not the first clue how the pick will work out, but I am hoping he turns out to be a great kicker and puts Turner in Baltimore to shame. Now wouldn't that be nice? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Siragusa or Davenport would have been worth considering with one of the 4th round picks, as well as Asiata in the 5th round.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 11:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Would have rather taken Ethan Pocic or Pat Elflein in round 2 over Mixon.

Would have drafted Isaac Asiata in round 4B instead of Glasgow as well. Granted, I still think the Glasgow pick was a good one.

Glasgow could be converted to a guard if he busts as a DT.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Elflein or Pocic at 48 instead of Mixon or Davenport at 128 instead of Malone.
I would have been fine with only selecting one WR or taking a RB on Day 3.

EDIT - I should clarify that if Elflein or Pocic were taken, remove JJ Dielman.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Should have traded up in the 2nd and got Robinson or Lamp or traded up in the 3rd for Pat Elflein or Dan Freeny.

The Bengals do not have 11 spot open on this team and should have packed some of those later round picks to move up and actually take a lineman that

would have started this year................ but there is zero concern on the oline apparently.......... nothing to worry about.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with the draft the way it is.
I have faith in Ced, Fischer and Westerman.
Westerman was projected as high as Round 2. It was an extremely deep OL class that caused him to fall. He was ranked as a top 50-60 Best Player in the draft last year by SI, CBS, NFL and Yahoo. So he's not some bum. He got exactly what he needed this past year, a chance to learn the assignments and bulk up. He will be fine at RG.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't think there was one. Elflein would've been worth a late second/early third considering his utility aspect, and he should be playing sooner rather than later.

But I don't think there was anyone that would've upgraded this year's (2017) line.

I'm a lifelong Buckeye fan, and I don't think Elflein was worth a 2-3 round pick.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2017, 12:16 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Should have traded up in the 2nd and got Robinson or Lamp or traded up in the 3rd for Pat Elflein or Dan Freeny.

The Bengals do not have 11 spot open on this team and should have packed some of those later round picks to move up and actually take a lineman that

would have started this year................ but there is zero concern on the oline apparently.......... nothing to worry about.

You make good sense IMO. I don't have confidence that the Bengals decision makers are that agile.
Reply/Quote