Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What draft picks would the Texans have to give up for you to approve of trading Gio?
A 2nd (which is what we paid for him)? A 2nd and a 3rd?

When you have a surplus at a position and someone else has a desperate need, isn't that a good time to turn a profit? 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
a 2016 2nd and Whitney Mercilus
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 06:42 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: A 2nd (which is what we paid for him)? A 2nd and a 3rd?

When you have a surplus at a position and someone else has a desperate need, isn't that a good time to turn a profit? 
No way would I trade him for less than a first round selection.  Gio is going to be a key part of the offense.   The deal would have to blow me away (1st rounder) to part ways with him, and even then I still might not do it. 
Reply/Quote
It would have to be significant. 1st rounder plus. Not sure even then. I don't think they want to mess with the chemistry until they see what they got going this year. After this season who knows. Lots of question marks?????
Reply/Quote
None. I'm not trading Gio this season.
Reply/Quote
How about their best OL and a 3rd rounder. I doubt they'd part with Watt.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 07:55 PM)EatonFan Wrote: How about their best OL and a 3rd rounder.  I doubt they'd part with Watt.

I don't think their best OL starts for us....
Reply/Quote
Is there some sort of rumor that I haven't heard about, or is this just an insanely random question?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 08:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Is there some sort of rumor that I haven't heard about, or is this just an insanely random question?

Pretty sure it's just a random thing.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 06:42 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: A 2nd (which is what we paid for him)? A 2nd and a 3rd?

Where is this surplus of which you speak?  Trade Gio and you're one J. Hill injury away from a backfield of Burkhead and Peerman.  It would be foolish to think that Wilder and/or Watson are capable of making a significant contribution at this point in time.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 08:35 PM)JADefense Wrote: Where is this surplus of which you speak?  Trade Gio and you're one J. Hill injury away from a backfield of Burkhead and Peerman.  It would be foolish to think that Wilder and/or Watson are capable of making a significant contribution at this point in time.

Agree, we do not have a "surplus" at the RB position.  We are simply well equiped.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I'm trading Gio for anything the Texans would offer short of like Watt and that isn't happening.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 07:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: None. I'm not trading Gio this season.

Same, if it was his contract year I'd be interested.

It's not overvaluing him, but I need to see what a full year of him as the C.O.P. to Hill looks like.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 08:35 PM)JADefense Wrote: Where is this surplus of which you speak?  Trade Gio and you're one J. Hill injury away from a backfield of Burkhead and Peerman.  It would be foolish to think that Wilder and/or Watson are capable of making a significant contribution at this point in time.

There you go interjecting common sense on the internet
Reply/Quote

The Bengals are not rebuilding and they are not trying to restock next year in the draft and weaken their team in 2015.

Why would they trade a key component to the current  season when they are built to win now?

The Bengals need gio this year to be the best they can.  NFL success is difficult and the talent is fleeting.  When you have a shot and a complete team, you don't start trading off assets before you can even start the year.
Reply/Quote
If they call about him I would gladly trade a middle finger to them for next to nothing.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 08:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't think their best OL starts for us....

Their center sure as hell would
Reply/Quote
I'd go for Brian Cushing and a third next year.
Reply/Quote
1st round pick in 2016 and 2nd round pick in 2017.

We've done it before, we can do it again Ninja

But in all seriousness I'm keeping Gio. Way too talented and has big time upside.
Reply/Quote
None. Future draft pick(s) wont help squat this year and probably next year too. We need all the firepower now and hope they all are healthy come playoffs.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote