Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What ever became of the women's march organizer?
(03-27-2017, 12:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It truly does.  I do wonder if the tolerance tide isn't turning in Europe though.  When the Dutch, the most tolerant society I have ever personally witnessed, start having significant issues with you something is very wrong.

It's hard to say, too.  When my ancestors were coming to America (I'm Irish and Italian) the idea was that they were a lower-breed of European that wouldn't learn English and couldn't be trusted to be around "white people."  Fast forward a generation or so and for the most part we're now seen as "white people" who are comrades in arms and race against the latest waves of immigrants who are going to wreck everything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-27-2017, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's hard to say, too.  When my ancestors were coming to America (I'm Irish and Italian) the idea was that they were a lower-breed of European that wouldn't learn English and couldn't be trusted to be around "white people."  Fast forward a generation or so and for the most part we're now seen as "white people" who are comrades in arms and race against the latest waves of immigrants who are going to wreck everything.

Not according to Archie.

"Tore, Feldman, O'Reilly, Nelson. That's an Italian, a Jew, an Irishman and a regular American. That's what I call a balanced ticket."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-27-2017, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's hard to say, too.  When my ancestors were coming to America (I'm Irish and Italian) the idea was that they were a lower-breed of European that wouldn't learn English and couldn't be trusted to be around "white people."  Fast forward a generation or so and for the most part we're now seen as "white people" who are comrades in arms and race against the latest waves of immigrants who are going to wreck everything.

That's always been the case though.  The newest immigrants eat shit until the next wave of immigrants and then the previous shit eaters spoon feed shit to the new immigrants.  Constant shit eating. Mellow

Which goes to show that given some time this entire fear of muslims might well fall into the same pattern of inclusion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-31-2017, 03:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which goes to show that given some time this entire fear of muslims might well fall into the same pattern of inclusion.

Quite possibly, as soon as a sizable percentage of them stop promoting or condoning ideologies actively hostile to Western values.
(03-31-2017, 10:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quite possibly, as soon as a sizable percentage of them stop promoting or condoning ideologies actively hostile to Western values.

What would be a sizable percentage to most people?

Other than one disproved site I have never seen anything to suggest that the radical part of the religion is just a small, but noisy part of it.
(03-31-2017, 10:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: What would be a sizable percentage to most people?

Other than one disproved site I have never seen anything to suggest that the radical part of the religion is just a small, but noisy part of it.

Glad you asked.  Here's an article from that far right paper, The Guardian.  

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Quote:However, when asked to what extent they agreed or disagreed that homosexuality should be legal in Britain, 18% said they agreed and 52% said they disagreed, compared with 5% among the public at large who disagreed

Quote:Nearly a quarter (23%) supported the introduction of sharia law in some areas of Britain, and 39% agreed that “wives should always obey their husbands”

Mind you, this is a poll of muslims in the UK.  Somehow I think a similar poll in a muslim controlled nation might produce more extreme results.
(03-31-2017, 11:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Glad you asked.  Here's an article from that far right paper, The Guardian.  

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

Mind you, this is a poll of muslims in the UK.  Somehow I think a similar poll in a muslim controlled nation might produce more extreme results.

So 20-23% agree with their religion in a literal manner on those subjects.

This survey shows American Muslims are more accepting of gay marriage than Christians are.

And I don't think we need a survey to discuss how many Christians believe the US laws are based on their religion and should be enforced that way only.

I don't see how that means we can't have them integrated over time just like other immigrants.