Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What happened to John Ross in 2017? He finally tells you
(08-02-2018, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is absolutely ridiculous that we have 2 strength and conditioning coaches on the payroll, but not 1 sports psychologist. These kids know better how to take care of their bodies than they do their minds.

Bengals legend Mike Reid said music was not the only reason he retired after just 5 NFL seasons.  He also had issue with depression, but back then (1974) no one even talked about it, especially big tough NFL players.
Reply/Quote
I was happy when we took Ross last year, and this article only makes me root for him more. A lot of rookies have talked about how hard it is adjusting to the pros because they never get to rest and heal their bodies and minds. I really wish we would've followed Seattle's mold when they brought in a team psychologist after Carroll showed up. Players like Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, and Kam Chancellor took advantage and were able to fix their mentalities and it translated to them being confident on the field and healthy off the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2018, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is absolutely ridiculous that we have 2 strength and conditioning coaches on the payroll, but not 1 sports psychologist. These kids know better how to take care of their bodies than they do their minds.

Meh.. Psychologists schmlycologists.. I don't put a heck of a lot of stock in shrinks. Most of them are glorified candy pushers, but that's my opinion of the business of trying to get between people's ears.. I've had to deal with plenty of them over the years and avoid them like the plague whenever possible  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote