Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Dalton is in denial
About the extent of his injury and recovery?

Recent articles about him adjusting to his new role on the team seem to indicate so.
Reply/Quote
There have been reports that he will be week to week. That he could be ready as early as week 17 or not ready until the divisional round. He's preparing for anything.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
The articles about Andy all indicate his behavior (as always) has been exemplary. He's running the Scout team, attending all meetings, helping AJ on every practice snap and doing aggressive therapy to try to get back out on the field. Also you saw him during the game on the sidelines? He was trying even then to break plays down with AJ and also cheering the team on big time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no one's denial here that he can't play this year. They would not go through the process of signing Wenning and releasing Carter if there was no chance Andy could come back this season.

This game feels a lot like the Rams game: should beat them, need to beat them...

Hopefully, they do beat the 49ers and get back on the winning track.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 06:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: The articles about Andy all indicate his behavior (as always) has been exemplary. He's running the Scout team, attending all meetings, helping AJ on every practice snap and doing aggressive therapy to try to get back out on the field. Also you saw him during the game on the sidelines? He was trying even then to break plays down with AJ and also cheering the team on big time.

He is a high quality individual.  It does not surprise me at all, that he is doing everything that he can to help the team continue to win, is his absence from the field.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:07 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: About the extent of his injury and recovery?

Recent articles about him adjusting to his new role on the team seem to indicate so.

It's possible, I know i'm in denial that the season is probably over again at the hand of shittsburgh. (even if it isn't their fault this time)

Reply/Quote
Really looking forward to seeing AJ play sunday. Being able to win without andy will define the heart and talent on this team.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 08:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really looking forward to seeing AJ play sunday. Being able to win without andy will define the heart and talent on this team.

Actually, what it will do is provide ammo to those who continue to want to rip Dalton. They will point to McCaron winning as proof Dalton isn't as good as everyone thinks. I am not looking forward to the off season...
Reply/Quote
I am not sure if I understand this post.... Andy is doing what any other qb would be doing contributing any way possible. These guys are professionals. However their competitive and human nature would drive them to get back on the field to help their team and not to lose their position or lose a step. That is a good thing. Wonderful to have such competitive QB's on the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:05 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am not sure if I understand this post....  Andy is doing what any other qb would be doing contributing any way possible.  These guys are professionals.  However their competitive and human nature would drive them to get back on the field to help their team and not to lose their position or lose a step.  That is a good thing.  Wonderful to have such competitive QB's on the team.

A lot people want there to be a qb controversy. You notice since Dalton got hurt there as been an increase in calling for it.  :snark:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 09:57 AM)Au165 Wrote: Actually, what it will do is provide ammo to those who continue to want to rip Dalton. They will point to McCaron winning as proof Dalton isn't as good as everyone thinks. I am not looking forward to the off season...

I kinda get what your saying, but as a proactive rebuttal to anyone who may be tempted to rip Dalton if AJ has some success, Dalton is having a damn fine season...no need to try and manufacture a controversy 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:15 AM)thegimp Wrote: I kinda get what your saying, but as a proactive rebuttal to anyone who may be tempted to rip Dalton if AJ has some success, Dalton is having a damn fine season...no need to try and manufacture a controversy 

Some people just want desperately to be right, even if it means the world has to burn around them for their thoughts to be true.
Reply/Quote
It's a fractured thumb... you or I, who don't get the absolute finest medical treatment that money can buy, could fracture our thumb and possibly be back to normal in a few weeks. He is young, he is healthy, he is in very good physical shape, and he is getting the finest medical treatment money can buy. There is no reason to think this is anything bigger than it is.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:15 AM)thegimp Wrote: I kinda get what your saying, but as a proactive rebuttal to anyone who may be tempted to rip Dalton if AJ has some success, Dalton is having a damn fine season...no need to try and manufacture a controversy 

but thats exactly what a lot of people here are trying to do.
Reply/Quote
There is a precedent for his injury. Cutler 2011, who suffered a similar break week 11 (a week earlier then Dalton). He was out til OTA's. You'll never know the extent of Daltons injury until he is back practicing. You can't trust Marvin and Co. (or any coach in their position) to give you the truth right now. That's understandable. There's hope that Dalton will return for the playoffs, but it's still a long shot in reality.

I think we should accept the idea that Dalton is done for this season/post season, and enjoy playing with house money and see what we can do with no pressure.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: There is a precedent for his injury. Cutler 2011, who suffered a similar break week 11 (a week earlier then Dalton). He was out til OTA's. You'll never know the extent of Daltons injury until he is back practicing. You can't trust Marvin and Co. (or any coach in their position) to give you the truth right now. That's understandable. There's hope that Dalton will return for the playoffs, but it's still a long shot in reality.

I think we should accept the idea that Dalton is done for this season/post season, and enjoy playing with house money and see what we can do with no pressure.

I disagree.  Unless I am mistaken, we don't know where the break is or even how bad it is.  There are simply too many unknowns.  I do think the fact that he is not on IR says a lot about the team's feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:29 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I disagree.  Unless I am mistaken, we don't know where the break is or even how bad it is.  There are simply too many unknowns.  I do think the fact that he is not on IR says a lot about the team's feelings.

Carson never went on IR in 2008. Neither did Braham for his "bone bruise". I'd think back at the history of the coaching staff before I read too much into him not going on IR. There's hope, just a long shot. The cast shows the break is close to the base, as you can see his thumb after the knuckle was out and free.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:07 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: About the extent of his injury and recovery?

He broke his thumb and doesn't need surgery. That was the best case scenario. What's there to be in denial about?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: There is a precedent for his injury. Cutler 2011, who suffered a similar break week 11 (a week earlier then Dalton). He was out til OTA's. You'll never know the extent of Daltons injury until he is back practicing. You can't trust Marvin and Co. (or any coach in their position) to give you the truth right now. That's understandable. There's hope that Dalton will return for the playoffs, but it's still a long shot in reality.

Not sure if I would trust any example of recovery precedent that uses Jay Cutler as it's model.  Isn't he often portrayed as not being physically tough?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 08:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really looking forward to seeing AJ play sunday. Being able to win without andy will define the heart and talent on this team.

I am not sure beating a team with a record of 4-9 also playing their backup QB would define anything.
Now if he goes into Denver and wins, that would say something
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote