Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Dalton is in denial
(12-18-2015, 04:07 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: About the extent of his injury and recovery?

Recent articles about him adjusting to his new role on the team seem to indicate so.

They do nothing of the sort.

All they do is talk about how he has never been anything but the starting QB, as he has not missed any time since high school, therefore it is new to him to be doing the things the backups do while the starter prepares.

That says absolutely ZERO about the extent of his injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:29 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I disagree.  Unless I am mistaken, we don't know where the break is or even how bad it is.  There are simply too many unknowns.  I do think the fact that he is not on IR says a lot about the team's feelings.

I believe the reason he's not on IR is because there's a chance he can return for the playoffs. The week to week designation is just smoke. How can a broken bone in the throwing hand heal in two weeks? Bones just don't heal that quickly and he didn't know it was broken until he couldn't grip the ball. So the break is one that affects his grip.

If AJM plays well, I don't think we see Dalton until he's able to grip the ball well, throw well and take snaps without pain. A cold ball being snapped back applies pressure to that hand. It's going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Right now we need AJM to play like a champion.

Reply/Quote
At the risk of sounding like a downer, which i'm not trying to do, i recall too many instances of players injuries lingering a lot longer than the team announced/expected.

I'm staying positive that there's the possibility he could come back for the Ravens (at the earliest) or the first round of the playoffs (whenever that is). But i'm not going to be surprised in the least if he doesn't play again for the rest of this season, based on past events with multiple players.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 01:44 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Umm, no... I think the great majority of people would tell you that both Arizona and Pittsburgh are really good teams that would match up well with the Bengals.  Yes, they should have beaten the Texans, but the other two are very poor examples.

How about, even the worst of NFL teams is comprised of men who get paid to play professional football for a living.  As has been proven time and again, even the worst team is capable of beating the best team, on any given Sunday.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 12:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This is a game that they should win with Wenning, or whatever his name is, at quarterback.  San Francisco gave up 225 yards on the ground to Cleveland.  Manziel threw for another 250.  Even without Dalton, the Bengals should throttle San Francisco.

(12-18-2015, 12:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This is not a trap game.. When a Team just lost their starting QB and got embarrassed like they did last week, Everyone is going to play lights out because they know they have to, to win and help out AJ. You see it a lot with Backup QBs. The first game a backup plays, the rest of the team plays really hard and elevates their play, elevating the play of the the backup. I am not particularly worried about this game. Denver, well that's a different story. There are no trap games the rest of this season.   

(12-18-2015, 01:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I'm sorry, but every single week that the Bengals play an inferior opponent, people throw around the phrase "trap game".  If the Bengals are who we think they are, then they easily take care of San Francisco.

(12-18-2015, 01:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: Trap game is an over used cliche for people to hedge their bets with an "I told you so". The reality is, it's the NFL everyone is good and can win.

I tried to tell y'all that SF was going to play the Bengals tough.  They are a professional team, they have pride.  Thank goodness our defense was able to smother them, for most of the game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A article I saw indicated that Dalton was put in a lighter cast for his thumb's mobility.

Maybe the positivety is helping.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cincinnati-bengals-andy-dalton-can-return-for-postseason-122015
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I tried to tell y'all that SF was going to play the Bengals tough.  They are a professional team, they have pride.  Thank goodness our defense was able to smother them, for most of the game.

If Hill doesn't give them the ball on the 25 yard line, they maybe get seven points.  Not to mention the Bengals went extremely conservative after getting the big lead.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 08:39 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If Hill doesn't give them the ball on the 25 yard line, they maybe get seven points.  Not to mention the Bengals went extremely conservative after getting the big lead.

Their defense played the Bengal offense tough, all game long.  If not for the Bengal defense making plays, setting up the offense for short scores, we may never have had that 24-0 lead.  In fact, if not for the Williams intercepting that pass in the end zone, that game could have really gotten interesting.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote