Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Scenario...?
What if the Bengals left Cincy for another City , under new ownership and possibly a new name (or same ownership and same name) ....would you continue to follow them like your are now?
Reply/Quote
yes.. no brainer for true lifelong fans of this team
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 04:45 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What if the Bengals left Cincy for another City , under new ownership and possibly a new name (or same ownership and same name) ....would you continue to follow them like your are now?

doubtful.  I follow them in part because they are Cincinnati's team.  The city is not the cause of the Bengals woes and I would not want to support any owner who moved the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not sure.

Did browns fans follow the ravens to Baltimore?

Did colts fans follow them to Indiana?

Did oilers fans follow them to Tennessee?

All those cities got new teams after their team left. Did the fans that followed thier teams leave come back later?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: Not sure.

Did browns fans follow the ravens to Baltimore?

Did colts fans follow them to Indiana?

Did oilers fans follow them to Tennessee?

All those cities got new teams after their team left. Did the fans that followed thier teams leave come back later?

Cincinnati won't get another team if they move.

I guess they'd still be my team. It'd be hard to switch to Indy. No thanks to Detroit or Cleveland... Couldn't get with Pittsburgh. I'd just prefer they don't move.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 04:45 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What if the Bengals left Cincy for another City , under new ownership and possibly a new name (or same ownership and same name) ....would you continue to follow them like your are now?

I would not follow them like I do now. I would root for them as my second team, but my new first team would be the Titans since that's now my local team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:06 PM)jason Wrote: Cincinnati won't get another team if they move.

I guess they'd still be my team. It'd be hard to switch to Indy. No thanks to Detroit or Cleveland... Couldn't get with Pittsburgh. I'd just prefer they don't move.

If Cincinnati didn't have a team, it'd be interesting which team would be televised more between CLE and IND.
CLE is in state but IND is closer.
Northern KY would almost assuredly televise IND.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:06 PM)jason Wrote: Cincinnati won't get another team if they move.

Sssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiidddddddd..... I'm going for broke. KC it is! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:16 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Sssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiidddddddd..... I'm going for broke. KC it is! LOL

I don't know how to have nice things...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

wonder if people in cleveland are ravens fans...

And those folks in baltimore are all colts fans im sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:17 PM)jason Wrote: I don't know how to have nice things...

I'm with ya....I don't really like any of the teams that are closest to our region. I've been a Bengals fan all of my football watching life. It's mostly due to proximity. There was no TN or IND when I started. Cincy was closest, and my grandmother was a huge Bengals and Reds fan. I hopped on the wagon. If they moved them, I think I'd finally be free. Right now, Saturdays and Sundays aren't much punkin for the kid. The Noles suck, the Bengals suck, and then there's the Reds. At least I've seen a couple Super Bowls, 3 national champs, and a World Series win. 

Reply/Quote
Not a chance. I live here. My attatchment is to the city not the Brown family's product.

If they were to leave they'd easily become my most hated team in the entire league. I'd root for the Steelers every single time they played them. I'd root for everyone against them, every year, and in every game.

The amount of money I've personally given to the Bengals courtesy of the stadium deal is well into the thousands. Couple that with 5 years as a season ticket holder, and 30+ years of time and energy put into fandom, I would be irate if they picked up and left town.

After everything this city did for them, and with what little they gave in return? If they packed it up and ran for more money then I would hope every single Cincinnatian would absolutely despise them.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:39 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not a chance.  I live here.  My attatchment is to the city not the Brown family's product.

If they were to leave they'd easily become my most hated team in the entire league.  I'd root for the Steelers every single time they played them.  I'd root for everyone against them, every year, and in every game.

The amount of money I've personally given to the Bengals courtesy of the stadium deal is well into the thousands.  Couple that with 5 years as a season ticket holder, and 30+ years of time and energy put into fandom, I would be irate if they picked up and left town.

After everything this city did for them, and with what little they gave in return?  If they packed it up and ran for more money then I would hope every single Cincinnatian would absolutely despise them.

All good points, but you took it a little far with rooting for the Stoolers at ANY time in ANY game. If Isis had a team, I'd have to seriously consider pulling for them against Shitsburgh.

Reply/Quote
In additon to my rant about what a POS move it would be for them to pull that, there is one positive...

If the Bengals left I think/hope it would mean more support for UC football and FC Cincinnati.(I don't really care for soccer, but I know a lot of people here in town do)

Those are two teams that are derserving of all of the support they receive. If the Browns/Blackburns bolted then just means more attention will be paid to teams who actually are doing everything they can to be successful. More attention means more dollars, and that definitely wouldn't be a bad thing for my UC Bearcats.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: All good points, but you took it a little far with rooting for the Stoolers at ANY time in ANY game. If Isis had a team, I'd have to seriously consider pulling for them against Shitsburgh.

I HATE Pittsburgh.  And I hate their stupid fans even more.

But nothing in my mind could be worse than if the Browns/Blackburns spurned this city for a bigger payday.  That would be so unfair and such a slap in the face to Cincinnati after everything that has transpired over these last 30 years.

If they were to do that I would definitely root against them in any and every game they ever played again.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiidddddddd..... I'm going for broke. KC it is! LOL

Hell yes. If there's no team in Cincy, i'm going full on front runner (for anyone other than the Steelers). 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I HATE Pittsburgh.  And I hate their stupid fans even more.

But nothing in my mind could be worse than if the Browns/Blackburns spurned this city for a bigger payday.  That would be so unfair and such a slap in the face to Cincinnati after everything that has transpired over these last 30 years.

If they were to do that I would definitely root against them in any and every game they ever played again.  

well it wont happen with mike alive im pretty sure...  im not sure who controls it but he could have millions just selling the naming rights to the stadium..

Katie/Troy/PB jr  who knows how invested they are in continuing the family tradition or sell off the team when its theirs. (at which time anything is possible)
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 05:23 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm with ya....I don't really like any of the teams that are closest to our region. I've been a Bengals fan all of my football watching life. It's mostly due to proximity. There was no TN or IND when I started. Cincy was closest, and my grandmother was a huge Bengals and Reds fan. I hopped on the wagon. If they moved them, I think I'd finally be free. Right now, Saturdays and Sundays aren't much punkin for the kid. The Noles suck, the Bengals suck, and then there's the Reds. At least I've seen a couple Super Bowls, 3 national champs, and a World Series win. 

Oh I know... I'm more invested in the Reds and Bengals than in other sports. If I had to I could become an Indians or whoever they are now fan... Football would be tough. I lost my NBA team when the Sonics moved, so I latched on to LeBron. I can't get behind the Lakers though, and I'm trying to become a Knicks fans since they just took Obie Toppin. It should be comfortable since they suck, but it's hard.

I'd probably just play fantasy football, and be done with the NFL if the Bengals leave.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Nah. I'm a Bengals fan mainly because of the ties to Paul Brown. If you change the ownership, the town, and the name, then you've severed that connection. At least one, maybe two of those things needs to remain to maintain that tie.
Reply/Quote
Thankfully, the Art Modell Law requires that a team must sell to someone in Ohio that would keep the team there if there is interest and the stadium is funded by taxes, which PBS is.

As such, it should be difficult for the Browns/Blackburns to move the team, but instead more likely someone else buys the team from them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote