Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is AJ Green's trade value?
(11-28-2016, 03:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If I were to entertain the idea, I wouldn't take anything less than two first round picks and a couple of middle-late round picks.  

Two firsts are a must though.

This.  My first condition would be two first rounders.  Second, the Bengals will have signed Terrelle Pryor and Cody Core shocked everyone and became a stud in 2017.  Only then, with two very strong WRs to play the outsides, Boyd for the slot, and Eifert signed as well, would I even consider it.

In other words, less than 1% chance of happening.

I don't mind the question, though, and I won't shoot the guy that posed the question and tell him he isn't a fan.  C'mon, everyone.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 04:12 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: May as well just trade Dalton, Atkins, and Dunlap and abandon any hope of being competitive for the next 3 years at that point.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Though if Green were to be traded I'm sure the players mentioned and more would probably be pissed as hell.

That would just be a dagger in the heart.

They'd have to completely overhaul the team just to change the morale and attitude towards ownership/management.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wonder where people plan on keeping all these players? They are already going to receive at least 3 comp picks ( 4?) That's already 11 (12?) players added to the roster...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 03:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our last 2 picks in the 1st were WJ3 and Ced O.

True but thats not what i meant. I meant the last time we had 2 picks in the first rd in the same draft which was Dre Kirk and Zeitler. So as tempting as having 2 first rd picks sound, I just dont think its worth the risk. Like I said, why trade Green to "rebuild" the positions that just happened to be the same positions last time we had 2 first rd picks. Not to mention the other high picks at OT and CB in recent drafts. 
Reply/Quote
No idea what his trade value would be, but he is one of the best players in the league, EASILY. It would have to be an absolute bounty for me to even consider this
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Trading Green who will be 29 at the start of next season isn't a terrible idea IF management deems we are going to be rebuilding for 2-3 years and IF you could get a haul of draft picks. I'm talking 2 1sts and maybe a 3rd.

To a team like Dallas that is on the cusp of a Super Bowl or maybe Seattle...it would be worth it.

Although I would hate the idea of him leaving, this does make sense.  Not sure they would ever admit that they are going through a multi year rebuild though.  How many times do you think they wished they would have taken the two first round picks for Chad?
Reply/Quote
This stupid he is family with Andy he loves this team this city and he just had a kid he has roots here he will re-sign in 2020 would u trade ab or Julio?
Reply/Quote
I watch the Bengals for the entertainment value, nothing else. I do NOT watch so they can trade away their best players in hopes that those players can win 'rings' elsewhere. Sure AJ seems like a nice guy and all, but if they trade him so he can win a ring elsewhere I would never in a million years suddenly root for the other team because our best players were traded to them . That's plain stupid talk..
The way i see it is you either root for your team or you do not . Some of you only seem interested in rooting for them if they're winning super bowls. There is a name for this kind of fan.. Fair weather fans..nothing more , nothing less .. Perhaps bandwagon fans to be generous ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 07:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: I watch the Bengals for the entertainment value, nothing else. I do NOT watch so they can trade away their best players in hopes that those players can win 'rings' elsewhere. Sure AJ seems like a nice guy and all, but if they trade him so he can win a ring elsewhere I would never in a million years suddenly root for the other team because our best players were traded to them . That's plain stupid talk..
The way i see it is you either root for your team or you do not . Some of you only seem interested in rooting for them if they're winning super bowls. There is a name for this kind of fan.. Fair weather fans..nothing more , nothing less .. Perhaps bandwagon fans to be generous ..

Completely agree with you. I feel like I'm in the minority, but I never root for a player I liked once they're on another team. AJ Green going to the Pats or wherever and winning a SB would do NOTHING for me. I'd just miss watching him here. Guess I'm selfish like that. 

Reply/Quote
Suppose he was traded to Pittsburgh..how many of you would suddenly root for Pittsburgh to win the super bowl just so AJ could win a ring? I suppose a few might, but those few would definitely be in the minority and I'm guessing not extremely popular on this board..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Happy to be losing...just like the fans.
Speak for your self.
 This is Greens first losing season.You can always be a Patriot fan. 
I've been rolling with the Bengals since I was a kid sneaking into the Wilmington player dorms during summer camps and shagging balls and moving equipment from field to field as a Post and Times Star kid camper.  I'm Bengal through and through.
Do you suggest trading an under contract star still in his PRIME for a prospect ? Let me guess, you play fantasy football heavily don't you ?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 08:36 AM)John Shaft Wrote:  This is Greens first losing season.

Technically, it isn't a losing season yet.  8-7-1 makes is not only above .500, but it would give them an ever-so-slight chance of winning the division.  C'mon Bills and Eagles!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't live for draft picks, but AJ is not winning a bowl here, so what's his purpose other than to entertain you? He's the right person at the wrong time.

Although AJ is in shape, WR stats show this is his prime year and he will be declining after this.

Do you see anything similar to the Kevin Love, Kevin Garnett situation from Minnesota? I don't think AJ stays here when his contract is up, that will show us if he's happy here or not. I can't believe he's happy not winning a playoff game. He can entertain fans from any stadium. I'm showing you management has handicapped him. 

It's sad because outside from some play from Geno, he's probably the only one that deserves a superbowl based on talent alone before his career is over. The rest?

Let's say AJ Green played for the Browns, would he leave after his contract was up? If he didn't, would you want him on your team (he's playing for mula/stats instead, then).

So is this the AJ Bengals or the Cincinnati Bengals?  I've been reading this thread and wondering if you've just gotten off on the wrong road.  Usually your posts make sense.  This one is out there - I mean really out there, like somebody took over your computer.

The Cincinnati Bengals don't exist for the sole purpose of AJ Green winning a SB.  What's with the man crush?  I like the dude also but "organizations" don't make decisions for the benefit of one player. 

Personally I could give 2 shits if AJ won a SB with another team.  I root for the Bengals and thought you did also.  Might be time for you to change team allegiance?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 09:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Technically, it isn't a losing season yet.  8-7-1 makes is not only above .500, but it would give them an ever-so-slight chance of winning the division.  C'mon Bills and Eagles!
True that. My bad, I got influenced by the negative nellies.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:05 AM)John Shaft Wrote: True that. My bad, I got influenced by the negative nellies.

So easy to do...

I just would love to see the Bills take down the steelers this week (and Pats beat Rats) but then pissburgh would be coming to Cincy with a little bit of fear creeping in...

It starts with the Bills, and their only home loss is to the Pats.  

Rats will most certainly lose on Monday Night Football.  The league can't let New England lose in prime time.  There may be protests the following morning similar to the riots post election.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Like I said, Kevin Love, Kevin Garnett could have stayed in their respective teams and been perennial losers. i.e. the Bengals franchise.

Love and Garnett leave, and win a championship. With the Bengals record in the playoffs, AJ Green will not win a superbowl here. I doubt AJ Green came into the league to leave with 0 rings. This team is garbage. 

Some of you guys are OK with not winning a superbowl...it's not happening with this management. Let AJ escape, we'd all still be Green fans. Not sure how you guys want to still be fans with the trash on the field.

The only reason to trade AJ is that he deserves to win a superbowl.  If he wanted to go I would accommodate him for equal exchange which would be at least a high 1 and a high 2.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Ninja

One of the Best Threads of our Generation.  
Reply/Quote
I still say that you would be lucky to get 1 first rounder for him.

Teams rarely trade for superstars these days and rarely to WRs bring a premium in a trade.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:30 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I don't live for draft picks, but AJ is not winning a bowl here, so what's his purpose other than to entertain you? He's the right person at the wrong time.

Although AJ is in shape, WR stats show this is his prime year and he will be declining after this.

Do you see anything similar to the Kevin Love, Kevin Garnett situation from Minnesota? I don't think AJ stays here when his contract is up, that will show us if he's happy here or not. I can't believe he's happy not winning a playoff game. He can entertain fans from any stadium. I'm showing you management has handicapped him. 

It's sad because outside from some play from Geno, he's probably the only one that deserves a superbowl based on talent alone before his career is over. The rest?

Let's say AJ Green played for the Browns, would he leave after his contract was up? If he didn't, would you want him on your team (he's playing for mula/stats instead, then).

So what...  You don't trade away a great player because he might not win here  you do whats best for the team.  AJ isn't going anywhere.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:15 AM)bengals67 Wrote: The only reason to trade AJ is that he deserves to win a superbowl.  If he wanted to go I would accommodate him for equal exchange which would be at least a high 1 and a high 2.

Except you aren't gonna get a high first and a high second if your trading him to a team with a chance at a Super Bowl.

Just a stupid thread though, AJ Green has been nothing but a team player and trading him away for draft picks that may or may not turn into decent players is stupid, especially with our track record with early round picks.

The team is playing like shit right now but literally all it takes is one solid move to turn it around (coaching changes) and trading AJ would be the opposite of a solid move.
Reply/Quote