Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is happening?
(03-19-2021, 08:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ever hear of that event that happens at the end of April every year? what's it called.....C'mon you can do it, think really hard Nicomo... Wink

fo real!  Arbor Day is gonna be lit!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shh. Be very quiet. Do not disturb the sleeping Bengals curse. They'll screw around a draft a punter in the second round, who has a torn hamstring or something.

After years of "WTF, really?!?!?" I'll take them doing things seem to be ok moves, even if they aren't make blockbuster deals.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:41 PM)bonesaw Wrote: fo real!  Arbor Day is gonna be lit!

LMFAO!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ever hear of that event that happens at the end of April every year? what's it called.....C'mon you can do it, think really hard Nicomo... Wink

Expecting to find 3 day one starters in the draft is not a plan.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Like the fact that we still have two massive holes at OG, and Auden Tate is currently the starting WR3?

You cant fix everyone FA , the actual timurno er if this roster in 2 years is pretty dramatic.. after the draft I believe you will have 4 to 5 total starters on opening day starters that started in 19.
Reply/Quote
I really like the direction this team is going.Now just sign Kenny Galloday,and it would become even more exciting.And....you would have yourself set up nicely for the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You cant fix everyone FA , the actual timurno er if this roster in 2 years is pretty dramatic.. after the draft I believe you will have 4 to 5 total starters on opening day starters that started in 19.

Sure you can. Other teams (in worse cap shape than us) find a way to do it. If we sign a G and a WR then all we really need is one more G. Way better than needing 3 starters out of one draft.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:34 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I really like the direction this team is going.Now just sign Kenny Galloday,and it would become even more exciting.And....you would have yourself set up nicely for the draft.

I’m kind of flabbergasted by the posts in this thread...how is this off-season better than a C+? I mean, they signed a bunch of Tier 3 guys while losing 2 notable Tier 1 guys. So they signed an RT....I mean, they literally HAD to sign some guys to fill out a roster!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:54 PM)N_B Wrote: I’m kind of flabbergasted by the posts in this thread...how is this off-season better than a C+? I mean, they signed a bunch of Tier 3 guys while losing 2 notable Tier 1 guys. So they signed an RT....I mean, they literally HAD to sign some guys to fill out a roster!

I’d say we signed tier 2 guys, but overall I agree. Our fans are so conditioned to the team doing almost nothing they get super excited over very average players.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say we signed tier 2 guys, but overall I agree. Our fans are so conditioned to the team doing almost nothing they get super excited over very average players.

Or we can sit around pissing and moaning, overreacting to everything we know nothing about...
Reply/Quote
As a Bengals fan since I was a kid back in the 60s even a slight breeze on the hottest, most humid day of the past 30 years is the equivalent of the team doing anything at all right.. Doing a lot right is like an outright nor'easter in August..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Expecting to find 3 day one starters in the draft is not a plan.

Sorry, I'll put more stock in their plan over yours.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry, I'll put more stock in their plan over yours.

Yeah, they’ve definitely proven they know what they’re doing! LMFAO

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:54 PM)N_B Wrote: I’m kind of flabbergasted by the posts in this thread...how is this off-season better than a C+?  I mean, they signed a bunch of Tier 3 guys while losing 2 notable Tier 1 guys.  So they signed an RT....I mean, they literally HAD to sign some guys to fill out a roster!

Neither Lawson nor WJ3 are Tier 1 guys. Ditto AJ & Geno.

Though, obviously, neither are Hendrickson or Waynes (who is the real WJ3 replacement, not Awuzie). Now, YMMV, but I look at it like this, amongst our starters:

Offense:
Reiff for Hart = significant upgrade. Reiff is an above average starter. Hart below average. Particularly in terms of pass blocking. Hart is a better run blocker.

AJ Green loss. As of yet not replaced. Golladay would be an upgrade. Chase is an upgrade. Smith is an upgrade. An early 2nd round WR pick is a likely upgrade. 

That is it in terms of starters. Not necessarily a good thing when Michael Jordan is a starting guard. But we ain't done yet. Plus, if CJ is healthy again, TE will be better.

On defense, there have been more changes.

All new starting corners. WJ3, Sims, and Alexander are now Waynes, Awuzie, & Hilton. Waynes is a bit of a downgrade from WJ3 as a cover guy, but is a better tackler and has better hands. And we play so much zone anyway. Hilton is an upgrade from Alexander, but only slightly. Alexander was solid. Awuzie should be a big upgrade from Sims, who was forced to start for the injured Waynes last year. Phillips, Brown, and Davis are all still reserves. Overall I think it is a wash.

Up front is the other big changes. Hendrickson for Lawson is a slight downgrade, but dude did lead the NFC in sacks last year. He does not suck. Losing Geno sucks, but he played a tad over 100 snaps last year with 1 tackle. I do not know what Ogunjobi will give us, but at least he is healthy. And Reader is healthy. Hendrickson, Reader, Ogunjobi, Hubbard will be better than Lawson, Daniels, Covington, Kareem. Mostly due to health. Topou should be back after skipping due to COVID. Wren healthy?

Safety is largely the same. Williams played less than 100 snaps on D. Bates, Bell, and Wilson back.

LB largely the same minus Bynes and Evans. At least for now.
----------------

Again, FA is not over, and the draft has not happened, and I'd say:

OL: better but needs more help.
QB: better (Burrow healthy, Allen > Finley)
RB: better (Mixon healthy)
TE: better if CJ healthy (big if)
WR: worse (no AJ replacement yet)
--------------
DL: better (more guys healthy/available)
CB: about the same (worse CB1, better CB2 &3)
S: same
LB: slightly worse (Bynes & Evans not replaced)
----------
KR: same, Wilson
PR: ??? Erickson gone. 
PK: ??? Randy gone, Seibert not the answer.
P: ??? Huber unsigned still. Expected back
LS: Same. Harris back.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a football message board. If you can’t handle people criticizing a very poorly run team I don’t know what to tell you.

But I guess all the outsiders that are knocking our FA are just “haters” too. Give me a break.

Well, it's free agency period...again... and that must mean we're up here at Paul Brown Stadium waiting for the forecast from the world's most-famous miserly owner, Mike Brown, who's just about to tell us how much more winter we can expect.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:14 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Neither Lawson nor WJ3 are Tier 1 guys. Ditto AJ & Geno.

WJ3 was absolutely a tier 1 guy. He was the #1 CB in FA.

Reply/Quote
Of course, injuries will happen.

On paper, Dunlap, Reader, Atkins, and Hubbard looked very good. As did WJ3, Waynes, and Alexander. But we never got to see it. Waynes did not play a down (nor did Tupou or Wren). Atkins was a shell due to injury. Reader went down early. Hubbard missed most of the year. Dunlap quit & got traded.

It can't be worse this year, can it?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 was absolutely a tier 1 guy. He was the #1 CB in FA.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's Tier 1.

EJ Manuel was the number 1 QB prospect in 2013. Clear he wasn't tier 1 or even tier 2 Tongue

But yeah WJ3's pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 was absolutely a tier 1 guy. He was the #1 CB in FA.

No. He isn't. Tier 1 guys are Pro-Bowl/All-Pro types. No one on that level was available in FA this year at corner. That is a silly argument.

Andre Drummond is the best C available at the trade deadline. Is he a tier 1 basketball player? Of course not.

I am sure there is a #1 prospect at DE in this year's draft. But he is not a tier 1 prospect (Young, Bosa, etc). See the difference?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:27 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No. He isn't. Tier 1 guys are Pro-Bowl/All-Pro types. No one on that level was available in FA this year at corner. That is a silly argument.

Andre Drummond is the best C available at the trade deadline. Is he a tier 1 basketball player? Of course not.

I am sure there is a #1 prospect at DE in this year's draft. But he is not a tier 1 prospect (Young, Bosa, etc). See the difference?

When you're talking about something specific like free agency when players are available to change teams, it doesn't matter where you stand among overall players. What matters concerning #1 is who is available. That simply shows their value at this time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote