Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the standard for this upcoming season?
(07-21-2022, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Welcome back Tiger Blood ole buddy.  Rock On

Yes, they will have a target on their back we will see how the coaches and players handle it.

thanks buddy. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: they've got the talent to get back to the sb, we'll see how zac and his coaches handle the expectations and not being the underdogs,

Players too.. they are the hunted now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Players too.. they are the hunted now

yessir. they will get everyone's best this year. they need to stay hungry as ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A healthy season like last yr. Would be div. Finals,  multiple game injuries to 2  to 3 core players is making playoffs.

I see posters often mention the Bengals "healthy season" in 2021. Yes, relative to the season before that. But they had some very significant injuries, including for the playoffs and Super Bowl. 

Teams rated higher than the Bengals for health for the 2021 regular season included Buffalo, KC, and Rams, where the Bengals were only 9th. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-enjoyed-the-second-healthiest-starting-lineup-in-nfl-in-2021/article_b37146d8-8e94-11ec-ac3a-f787068ebed4.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_TheBuffaloNews

If they had the lack of injuries of KC, Buffalo and Rams, the Bengals likely would have won the SuperBowl. In other words, there is room to improve in terms of health.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see posters often mention the Bengals "healthy season" in 2021. Yes, relative to the season before that. But they had some very significant injuries, including for the playoffs and Super Bowl. 

Teams rated higher than the Bengals for health for the 2021 regular season included Buffalo, KC, and Rams, where the Bengals were only 9th. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-enjoyed-the-second-healthiest-starting-lineup-in-nfl-in-2021/article_b37146d8-8e94-11ec-ac3a-f787068ebed4.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_TheBuffaloNews

If they had the lack of injuries of KC, Buffalo and Rams, the Bengals likely would have won the SuperBowl. In other words, there is room to improve in terms of health.

You actually helped my point top 10  in health is a very good year, and our main top tier players were very healthy throughout the year including playoffs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 07:43 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i'm hoping they still have a huge chip on there shoulders. mcvay and rams didn't win it his first go round. hopefully we get back this year and get ours.

Yeah, losing the way we did I think will do it. We had it and let it slip away cause of an obvious weakness going against the best
Defensive player in the NFL. There is also a reason why Quinton Spain isn't here, he is cheap right now and knows the system.

I don't think Frank Pollack liked his effort on the last play of the SuperBowl, I know I didn't.

That is why we drafted Cordell Volson who is ALL effort ALL the time. I think Carman will start at LG and do well though.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see posters often mention the Bengals "healthy season" in 2021. Yes, relative to the season before that. But they had some very significant injuries, including for the playoffs and Super Bowl. 

Truth. Yeah, we were way more blessed than the Ravens in terms of injuries but it isn't like we were completely healthy either 
on our Playoff run without Ogunjobi, ADG, Ossai, Bachie, D'Ante Smith etc. And players like Hopkins, Spain, Adeniji, Logan, Tee
Higgins all banged up. Need to improve in our health not hope we stay lucky.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is also a reason why Quinton Spain isn't here, he is cheap right now and knows the system.

He must not be healthy.  He may not be a big star, but he is a quality starter.

Over the last 6 seasons Spain is 21st in games played (88) and 27th in games started (84) among all NFL offensive linemen.  That is pretty impressive when you consider that there are 160 starting O-linemen every week in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He must not be healthy.  He may not be a big star, but he is a quality starter.

Over the last 6 seasons Spain is 21st in games played (88) and 27th in games started (84) among all NFL offensive linemen.  That is pretty impressive when you consider that there are 160 starting O-linemen every week in the NFL.

Could be. He has a tendency to get overweight as well. Lots of factors in why we haven't brought him back yet.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be. He has a tendency to get overweight as well. Lots of factors in why we haven't brought him back yet.

Probably the same reason no other team has signed him.

I don't think he is healthy.  But there are a lot of other guys out there who are not signed but seem to be healthy.  So who knows what is going on with them.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth. Yeah, we were way more blessed than the Ravens in terms of injuries but it isn't like we were completely healthy either 
on our Playoff run without Ogunjobi, ADG, Ossai, Bachie, D'Ante Smith etc. And players like Hopkins, Spain, Adeniji, Logan, Tee
Higgins all banged up. Need to improve in our health not hope we stay lucky.

And our Right Tackle, Riley Reiff. Missing him for the playoffs was significant.

I wonder how the Bills stay so healthy each year. 2nd healthiest last year. 5th in 2020. 1st in 2019. 4th in 2018. 9th in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Probably the same reason no other team has signed him.

I don't think he is healthy.  But there are a lot of other guys out there who are not signed but seem to be healthy.  So who knows what is going on with them.

There are many options. Sure would like to add a vet Guard in case Carman's back flairs up that is for sure.

(07-23-2022, 03:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: And our Right Tackle, Riley Reiff. Missing him for the playoffs was significant.

I wonder how the Bills stay so healthy each year. 2nd healthiest last year. 5th in 2020. 1st in 2019. 4th in 2018. 9th in 2017.

How do I keep forgetting Reiff got hurt? Lol

Yes, we had our fair share of injuries it just wasn't enough to decimate us like they did the year before.

That is pretty crazy about the Bills, could they just have a great medical staff? Can't be all luck could it?
Reply/Quote