Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with our passing game?
(11-25-2015, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe they just think Gio would wear down under a heavier workload.

Plus, I am guess that last year you were upset that we let Gio have any carries, right?

Did Gio have a 3.3 YPC average? Did he look absurdly slow and hesitant? Did he have ball control issues? Nope? Nope? Nope? Then no, I wasn't upset.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: True, he might not hold up to 20 carries, but I think he could handle 20 touches. 13-15 carries and 5-7 catches. The only time this year he's gotten at least 20 touches?
Week 2: 23 touches / 139 yards.

Since the bye?
3 touches / 34 yards
14 touches / 86 yards
13 touches / 79 yards
14 touches/ 146 yards

Feed the man the ball, he'll make plays.

According to a study I saw a couple of years ago rushing attempts wear a player down a lot more than receptions.

So i agree with you.  Gio should be able to handle close to 20 touches a game if 5 or 6 of them are receptions.

But that still leaves about 10-15 carries a game for Hill.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to a study I saw a couple of years ago rushing attempts wear a player down a lot more than receptions.

So i agree with you.  Gio should be able to handle close to 20 touches a game if 5 or 6 of them are receptions.

But that still leaves about 10-15 carries a game for Hill.

Lets call it 15. Say.. 3 are goal line carries (Hill). Give Hill maybe another 5 carries to put him in the 8 carry range. Then give 2 to Sanu and the other 5 to see if Burkhead feels like stepping up.

There's your other 15 carries. Could work differently, I just know they need to give more touches to Gio and less to Hill somehow.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: True, he might not hold up to 20 carries, but I think he could handle 20 touches. 13-15 carries and 5-7 catches. The only time this year he's gotten at least 20 touches?
Week 2: 23 touches / 139 yards.

Since the bye?
3 touches / 34 yards
14 touches / 86 yards
13 touches / 79 yards
14 touches/ 146 yards

Feed the man the ball, he'll make plays.

Wow....eye opening numbers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio should be able to handle close to 20 touches a game if 5 or 6 of them are receptions.

One caveat here.

Gio will not survive long if many of these receptions are those swing passes where he gets blown up as soon as he catches it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One caveat here.

Gio will not survive long if many of these receptions are those swing passes where he gets blown up as soon as he catches it.

True....I really like the shovel pass to Gio....in the right circumstances, it's almost un-defendable.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: True....I really like the shovel pass to Gio....in the right circumstances, it's almost un-defendable.

So you are saying it's the crane kick of football plays?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So you are saying it's the crane kick of football plays?

Ha ha ha ha.....only if Gio is on your team. Wink

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Plus, I am guess that last year you were upset that we let Gio have any carries, right?

I'm upset we kept a QB on the roster this season.  Any time we run a play that isn't a handoff to Hill we are admitting defeat.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm upset we kept a QB on the roster this season.  Any time we run a play that isn't a handoff to Hill we are admitting defeat.

LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Teams can attack us in the A-gap.
Steelers did it.
Houston did it.
Arizona did it.

Blame goes on Andre because, people still harbor deep seeded resentment for him, and the sack-fumble was a terrible play...but the bigger concern all game was our C/RBs inability to stop the A-gap attacks. 

True but their attacking that gap with blitzing LB's for the most part.  Quick slants is how to attack this and it's mainly up to the slot receiver to see this and adjust.  I'm not sure that is happening.  NE is very good at this.
Reply/Quote
Here's a little tid bit from NFL.com :

Over his last two games, Dalton has a passer rating of 29.3 when throwing 15-plus air yard passes. Over his first eight games, Dalton had a passer rating of 123.9 on such pass attempts.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 11:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Here's a little tid bit from NFL.com :

Over his last two games, Dalton has a passer rating of 29.3 when throwing 15-plus air yard passes. Over his first eight games, Dalton had a passer rating of 123.9 on such pass attempts.

AJ's fault.  DUH
Reply/Quote
First down starts with a predictable run that nets either a loss or very little yard gain.

Second down is usually unproductive or a penalty.

Third down is usually above 7 yards (anything really above 15 is considered time to go for a safe play) so we put Dalton into crucial, hard to complete first down situations with defenders guarding the sticks.

Pretty simple really. I think Hue and Marvin need to call a better game. They need to stop with the screen passes and figure out the run game.

Also worth noting, the offensive line hasn't done a g reat job.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote