Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite sandwich?
The McKinley's Club: It's Ham, Turkey, Bacon, lettuce, tomato and cheese on grilled deli style wheat

At home: Sausage, egg and cheese
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
French dip or chicken teriyaki from Penn Station.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 03:28 AM)samhain Wrote: French dip or chicken teriyaki from Penn Station.

New York City?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Cuban, BLT, TBA (turkey-bacon-avocado) and one I started doing at home with roast beef, turkey, provolone, bacon, tomato and Italian dressing.
Reply/Quote
I have heard a lot about Cuban sandwiches, but I have never had one.

What exactly are they?

I used to live near a Cuban Restaurant and really liked it. They served food similar to Caribbean/African. Beans and rice, yams, pork, corn tortillas, fired plantains.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have heard a lot about Cuban sandwiches, but I have never had one.

What exactly are they?  

I used to live near a Cuban Restaurant and really liked it.  They served food similar to Caribbean/African.  Beans and rice, yams, pork, corn tortillas, fired plantains.

Lots of variations, but pretty much some combination of roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, onions, hot peppers mustard and mayo + Panini pressed loaf
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 04:16 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lots of variations, but pretty much some combination of roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, onions, hot peppers mustard and mayo + Panini pressed loaf

Sounds delicious.

I am going to wait until I can find another Cuban restaurant instead of just getting one from some sandwich shop.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 04:16 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lots of variations, but pretty much some combination of roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, onions, hot peppers mustard and mayo + Panini pressed loaf

Love me a good Cuban.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just plain old salami and cheese. Same combo one might put together as an appetizer with crackers.
I also inhale grilled cheese sandwiches.
Reply/Quote
for breakfast a top notch classic BLT (best bread available lightly toasted, marzetti slaw dressing, homegrown maters, bib lettuce, really good bacon)

for any other time a genuine smoked beef brisket sammich with drizzle of bbq sauce.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have heard a lot about Cuban sandwiches, but I have never had one.

What exactly are they?  

I used to live near a Cuban Restaurant and really liked it.  They served food similar to Caribbean/African.  Beans and rice, yams, pork, corn tortillas, fired plantains.

That's a traditional one (minus the onions and mayo) and what I usually look for. It's a sweet and spicy kind of sandwich, with a little of the pickle flavor and saltiness of the ham. In western Kentucky, most Cubans are just lunch meat instead of the roast pork, but it still works fairly well.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 08:00 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Just plain old salami and cheese.   Same combo one might put together as an appetizer with crackers.
I also inhale grilled cheese sandwiches.

eek,  salami and cheese. you sound like my grandpa!   Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:01 AM)magikod Wrote: eek,  salami and cheese. you sound like my grandpa!   Hilarious

My grandfather used to make me liver loaf and mayo sandwiches.

Rough childhood.
Reply/Quote
When I was a kid I ate bologna with american cheese and mayo on white bread. And I ate millions of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I was a kid I ate bologna with american cheese and mayo on white bread.  And I ate millions of them.

I'm from the ghetto Homie

I was raised on bread and bolognie

Hell we would often have them without the bolognie, just mayo.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm from the ghetto Homie

I was raised on bread and bolognie

Hell we would often have them without the bolognie, just mayo.

bread mayo and cheese make a quick late night snack...

Bolognie is probly the best lunch meat as it doesnt go bad as fast lol...
Reply/Quote
My favorite sandwich?

Me, in between a brunette and a redhead.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 07:09 PM)Benton Wrote: My favorite sandwich?

Me, in between a brunette and a redhead.

Cool

Two dudes at the same time? Gross. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Two dudes at the same time? Gross. 

I was thinking ladies, but I see what's on your mind. It's ok, chef don't judge.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 09:39 PM)Benton Wrote: My grandfather used to make me liver loaf and mayo sandwiches.

Rough childhood.

Sssshhhhiiiiiiiiiittttttttt.....nothin' wrong with some liver loaf!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote