Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your first pick this year?
I'm curious as to what players people are keying on for their first pick this year in fantasy football. Last year, I took Megatron who was hurt most of the season. Cost me dearly. This year, I might be interested in taking Aaron Rodgers first over any running back as they keep getting hurt. My first running back will probably be Charles or Marshall depending on my pick.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:47 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm curious as to what players people are keying on for their first pick this year in fantasy football. Last year, I took Megatron who was hurt most of the season. Cost me dearly. This year, I might be interested in taking Aaron Rodgers first over any running back as they keep getting hurt. My first running back will probably be Charles or Marshall depending on my pick.

I know this isn't a popular opinion here but Le'Veon Bell, anybody that gets almost 300 carries and 85 receptions has to be taken into consideration. Had over 2100 total yards and 11 TDs last season and is still gonna be part of a very good offense. That suspension let me grab the guy at #9 this year and even with the 2 game suspension I expect big things. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do you play in a 2qb league? Rodgers first overall is ridiculous.

I would take Bell, but with the suspension, I lean towards AP.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I meant Marshawn as my first pick. I would rather get a good QB than waste my pick on another injured player. I will probably take a RB depending on what's available. I keep getting the first pick and I hate it. I would rather pick third or fourth.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 09:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I meant Marshawn as my first pick. I would rather get a good QB than waste my pick on another injured player. I will probably take a RB depending on what's available. I keep getting the first pick and I hate it. I would rather pick third or fourth.

I'm with you, love picking 7-10, always get 2 really good players. I had pick 9 this year and ended up with Bell and D. Thomas with the first 2 and if it makes you feel any better a guy took Rodgers at 6 in my league and still ended up with one of the better teams in the league imo. (Until Foster went down atleast).  

If you feel Rodgers is your best option then go for it because no way he makes it to your pick in 2 but I would still likely go RB just because I like having that big point RB that you feel comfortable with every week. Still could get some solid pickups at RB later on though, I drafted REALLY early but we had guys like Forsett, Hill, Ingram, Morris going in 3. Gordon, Miller, Stewart and Gore in round 4. Then you have some guys you can take a chance on and get solid value later on like Joseph Randle, Andre Ellington, Todd Gurley, Latavius Murray Carlos Hyde, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon and maybe even a guy like Ameer Abdullah who is making some noise in camp with Bell injured. 

I think RB is really deep with a ton of potential this year so yea if you feel Rodgers is worth it you can fill out your team in rounds 3-6 with really solid RB's, probably even grab a WR like Dez if he was around in 2 over a RB.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 09:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I meant Marshawn as my first pick. I would rather get a good QB than waste my pick on another injured player. I will probably take a RB depending on what's available. I keep getting the first pick and I hate it. I would rather pick third or fourth.

We do where you pick numbers from a hat and then, in the order of the numbers you get, you pick which draft spot you want.

If I had the #1 overall, I'd go AP (even if I didn't hate the Steelers), then Bell (if I could force myself to), then Charles, then Lynch.

Ideally, I'd like to pick 10th and take Hill and then CJ Anderson back-to-back, but, seeing as how most drafts aren't until the end of the month, I have a feeling that Hill will show how dominant he'll be all season, so he won't fly under the radar and could go a few picks earlier.

I could most likely get Luck or Rogers if Hill went before 10.

Actually, scratch that on the Hill and Anderson because I'd take Hill and Beckham because then I'd make sure I got Eli later, who I think will be underrated in fantasy drafts, and then I'd get double the points for two already big producers.
Reply/Quote
I've always liked guys that are assured to run for around 1200 yards and good at catching the ball. PPR or not.

I like Bell, Forte, Charles, McCoy and such though new teams and past injuries are worrisome along with suspensions.
Reply/Quote
Jerry Rice Wink...jj
Reply/Quote
If you're #1 overall it has to be AP. Personally I like drafting at the end of the 1st. Grab a high rated RB and WR with back to back picks.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just depends on the scoring system.

Last year, Rodgers and Luck where worth 2 x as many points as the next best non-qb and over 100 points better than the next best qb.
Would be easy to get one of those two guys then follow up with solid WR/RB in round 2, there's plenty of good ones to be had later in the draft that will give you solid play.
Reply/Quote
If I'm #1, I'm picking either Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson. If Le'Veon Bell were up to play in all of the Steelers' games, it would be him.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to say anything, my competition could be reading this. Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm having a hard time passing on Leveon Bell and Jeremy Hill in any drafts.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 05:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If I'm #1, I'm picking either Jamaal Charles or Adrian Peterson.  If Le'Veon Bell were up to play in all of the Steelers' games, it would be him.

I've watched a few clips of Charles in training camp and he has me impressed, so that would be the same direction I go now (except for Bell).
Reply/Quote
I have the first pick in my draft for the first time since we started back in 04 I think. There is no clear cut #1 to me so I have no clue what I'm gonna do. There will be no #1 wr's by the time it gets back to me so been debating that. Probably going w/ either Charles, Lacy, or Lynch. Would throw AP in there but he was someone's Keeper.
Reply/Quote
Bell would be the slam dunk #1 if not for his suspension. As it stands, I think Lacy feels like the safest bet. He gets the yards, TD's and adds some points catching the ball as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
BPA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Eddie Lacy is my #1. He's solid. Bell would be except for the suspension. AP does have a little bit of an injury history which pushes it between Lacy and Charles for me. Antonio Brown is my #1 WR. No one even all that close.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I have the fifth pick and as far as what everyone has told me the top 4 will go AP, Bell, Lacy, then Charles.

I'm taking Hill.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been doing a lot of mocks lately and I always try to pick tenth in ten team drafts. Top five are normally Bell, AP, Lacy, Charles, and Lynch, then sometimes it will go like Rogers/Luck, A Brown, McCoy, C.J. Anderson, and then my two, but sometimes I'll be able to get Hill and then Anderson at 10 and 11, which I think that the Broncos will rely a lot on Anderson and he'll put up big numbers, but then I'm missing on all the top wideouts.

I think that they both could give me 17+ a game, so it might be worth it.
Reply/Quote