Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What motivates this team?
Absolutely nothing. ZT is not getting the team mentally prepared to win IMO. And the more you lose, the more difficult it is to get motivated. I saw some lazy tackling against Pittsburgh. A small push instead of a sincere tackle. It seemed like the offense also showed lack of effort. I would like to see the Bengals come out hungry for a win this week. I just think the first job is to work between the ears.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:51 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Absolutely nothing. ZT is not getting the team mentally prepared to win IMO. And the more you lose, the more difficult it is to get motivated. I saw some lazy tackling against Pittsburgh. A small push instead of a sincere tackle. It seemed like the offense also showed lack of effort. I would like to see the Bengals come out hungry for a win this week. I just think the first job is to work between the ears.

FUNDAMENTALS!!!

Look at the success PB's biggest mentor has, Bill Belichick!  NO it's not just Tom Brady because the Pats are 14-6 WITHOUT TB on the field.

BB's success is mostly due to FUNDAMENTALS!!

The organization is solid and everyone 'Does their job'!!!
Reply/Quote
You mean getting paid far more money than your average citizen will ever see in their lifetime isn't enough motivation to try to win? Actually I think their motivation is based around payday and very little else..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Supposedly they were focusing on fundamentals in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 09:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: You mean getting paid far more money than your average citizen will ever see in their lifetime isn't enough motivation to try to win? Actually I think their motivation is based around payday and very little else..

By that logic none of the NFL teams should be motivated to win because they are all comprised of people who make way above the median income level. Unless there is some sort of NFL team where every guy makes $37,000 a year that I'm unaware of. If I ran a team I'd only sign players who would play for $40k or so and then watch them become the most popular team in the county because everyone who complains that athletes make so much would be so on board with my philosophy.

Of course I'd be raking in billions, but I deserve it.
Reply/Quote
The question we need to ask is - what motivates the owners and upper management?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
How long are we gonna blame pregame speeches and motivational speeches for losses? They're losing because they ain't no good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:51 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Absolutely nothing. ZT is not getting the team mentally prepared to win IMO. And the more you lose, the more difficult it is to get motivated. I saw some lazy tackling against Pittsburgh. A small push instead of a sincere tackle. It seemed like the offense also showed lack of effort. I would like to see the Bengals come out hungry for a win this week. I just think the first job is to work between the ears.

In the past what motivated this team was after midnight nudey bars.  Where you don't have to be a football hero to get hustled out of your money by the not so beautiful girls. Where the music stinks and they water the drinks. Where they shake their stinker in your face even if you are in last place. Where police trouble has ended and players suspended. The nudey bar. .....with thanks to the words of Al Bundy, Polk High Football Hero.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:20 AM)jason Wrote: How long are we gonna blame pregame speeches and motivational speeches for losses? They're losing because they ain't no good.

It really comes down to this. Other teams have overall better talent. The Bengals expect our good RB’s to move the Dline while other teams pay an Oline to deal with the Dline. That way a lesser RB looks better than a good Bengals RB. The New Dey plan was to bring in all new inexperienced coaches. In what business does that plan usually work out well? A motivated 7th grader usually doesn’t beat up on an unmotivated 12th grader. This is all on management and talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It really comes down to this. Other teams have overall better talent. The Bengals expect our good RB’s to move the Dline while other teams pay an Oline to deal with the Dline. That way a lesser RB looks better than a good Bengals RB. The New Dey plan was to bring in all new inexperienced coaches. In what business does that plan usually work out well? A motivated 7th grader usually doesn’t beat up on an unmotivated 12th grader. This is all on management and talent.

It's all of the above. Our coaches are bad. Our schemes. Our players lack talent.

And worst of all, I think the players know the coaches are bad and are giving up.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's all of the above. Our coaches are bad. Our schemes. Our players lack talent.

And worst of all, I think the players know the coaches are bad and are giving up.

My guess is that these coaches are unorganized and put in positions that they weren’t ready to be in yet. The players would pick up on this immediately.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's all of the above. Our coaches are bad. Our schemes. Our players lack talent.

And the coaches know the management does not do the things needed to win.

And Management knows Mikey will never change.

And Mikey thinks he way will eventually work. 

It is the circle of Life in Bengal Land. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:51 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And the coaches know the management does not do the things needed to win.

And Management knows Mikey will never change.

And Mikey thinks he way will eventually work. 

It is the circle of Life in Bengal Land. 

Hakuna Matata!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:52 AM)kevin Wrote: In the past what motivated this team was after midnight nudey bars.  Where you don't have to be a football hero to get hustled out of your money by the not so beautiful girls. Where the music stinks and they water the drinks. Where they shake their stinker in your face even if you are in last place. Where police trouble has ended and players suspended.  The nudey bar.  .....with thanks to the words of Al Bundy, Polk High Football Hero.

Kevin,you are funny man,but well said and I enjoyed laughing,but its true.And dudes go in there and give those broads all their money just to look at them and they leave after closing and some big old biker dude is waiting outside to get that money.What a deal. My wife has better looking tities they most of their dancers and she can still shake her booty.Ha.go Bengals WHO-DEY SOME DAY. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
What I'm seeing is the veterans of this team like Carlos
And Geno are now in preserve their bodies mode in hopes of being
Traded. Both guys have disappeared the last 2 games
They aren't saying it but I feel both can't wait to get out of Cincy.
The front office bozos simply have failed to find natural
Leaders. And now it's coming back to haunt this franchise

This team has no true leadership. This team has never
Recovered from the 2015 playoff loss.
Andy is a fine person. He can lead through his faith and
Morals. But a leader on a football team. It's not inside him.
Did anybody see A.Js face Monday night ?
His look summed it up
Reply/Quote
I guess I should have asked what motivates fans to go to see a Bengals game? Absolutely nothing. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 03:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I guess I should have asked what motivates fans to go to see a Bengals game? Absolutely nothing. lol

I still love this team.  I just do not like where this team is heading... I just hope Taylor is as brilliant as stated and that they give him the talent to succeed. If they replace him in the future then so be it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 09:49 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: FUNDAMENTALS!!!

Look at the success PB's biggest mentor has, Bill Belichick!  NO it's not just Tom Brady because the Pats are 14-6 WITHOUT TB on the field.

BB's success is mostly due to FUNDAMENTALS!!

The organization is solid and everyone 'Does their job'!!!

Speaking of Bill belichick: in his first season as Patriots HC, they started 0-4 and only went on to win 5 games that season. The offense didn't score more than 19 points in any of those first 4 games and in one, they only scored 3.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's all of the above. Our coaches are bad. Our schemes. Our players lack talent.

There does seem to be an unsettling amount of "quit" in this team given that it's only been an 0-4 start.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Speaking of Bill belichick: in his first season as Patriots HC, they started 0-4 and only went on to win 5 games that season. The offense didn't score more than 19 points in any of those first 4 games and in one, they only scored 3.

After that season he also made demands that the players be held to standards that were very "not fun" and demanded a restructuring of the department that selects the players that is given to make a roster.  I'm not holding my breath that either of those things happen here in year 2, but you never know.

As soon as Bill was allowed to make personnel decisions and be a nasty and super not fun HC things turned around quickly.  This isn't a great sign seeing how "fun 'n' easy and don't be afraid to screw up" was our rallying cry going into this season.  We just need to drop the Belichick comparisons, because we are doing the opposite in the FO and at HC.
Reply/Quote