Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What non-Burrow, non-oline discussion will you be HAPPY to have week 8 next year?
How the Bengals can crush the 49er’s and whether the Red’s will win the world series. Wink  
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the stellar play of the young secondary.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Opposing QBs getting sacked if they try to hold onto the ball. 
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to be talking about our 16 game regular season win streak.

EDIT: 15 game, I forgot about the bye week. Doh!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How Mixon is back to his old running style of hitting holes hard and how it’s making our offense next to unstoppable with Joe controlling the air.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The conversation that I hope we're having will have a topic something along the lines of "Wow, that retooled secondary looks like they've been playing together for years!".

Same, I think if they stay healthy the OL will be fine for once. There should be growing pains with the new Safeties even if I think Dax
Hill has about the most upside of any young Secondary player in the league, he hasn't exclusively played Safety before. I think between
Brick Scott and Jordan Battle we could have something here, but we will have to wait and see.

But it isn't like Bates and Bell were flawless last season or in the Playoffs either.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The conversation that I hope we're having will have a topic something along the lines of "Wow, that retooled secondary looks like they've been playing together for years!".

This was pretty much what I came in here to post. I can see the discussions hopefully looking like this:

After some early season growing pains in the defensive backfield, notably at the safety spots, they are playing much better recently. Veteran nick Scott attributes this to better communication and simply having enough snaps together to gel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'll throw another one out there...
Maybe we're talking Week 8 about whether Irv Smith should stick around after this year, and if so what will/should that contract look like?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 05:53 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: How the Bengals can crush the 49er’s and whether the Red’s will win the world series. Wink  

I scrolled through, repped a lot of posts, then came to this.

OH HELL YES!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Is Pittsburgh still in the league?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2023, 05:53 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: How the Bengals can crush the 49er’s and whether the Red’s will win the world series. Wink  

I believe week 8 would be game 7 of the World Series if it goes that far. 

How cool that would be to see the Reds are holding their own in board discussions, playing game 7 of WS that night. 

What a double header that would be 

Bengals vs Bills

followed by the 

Reds vs Cleveland for all the marbles in game 7 of the World Series

Don't tell my boss but I will be calling in sick for certain if this happens. Yet in the back of his mind he already knows lol. Plus I would stand to make several grand on a $40 bet if the Reds pull that off somehow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 08:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I believe week 8 would be game 7 of the World Series if it goes that far. 

How cool that would be to see the Reds are holding their own in board discussions, playing game 7 of WS that night. 

What a double header that would be 

Bengals vs Bills

followed by the 

Reds vs Cleveland for all the marbles in game 7 of the World Series

Don't tell my boss but I will be calling in sick for certain if this happens. Yet in the back of his mind he already knows lol. Plus I would stand to make several grand on a $40 bet if the Reds pull that off somehow.

Week 8 is Bengals @ 49ers, Oct 29. World series starts Oct 27 thru Nov 4 if necessary. 

I can never forget the heartbreak of those two Superbowl losses and want us to crush the 49ers at every opportunity. Hopefully, the Reds will set the ball rolling to bring championship trophies home to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2023, 10:08 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Week 8 is Bengals @ 49ers, Oct 29. World series starts Oct 27 thru Nov 4 if necessary. 

I can never forget the heartbreak of those two Superbowl losses and want us to crush the 49ers at every opportunity. Hopefully, the Reds will set the ball rolling to bring championship trophies home to Cincinnati.

You're correct, was very busy at work and rushed this at lunch

When I googled World Series dates I did not specify year and 2022 came up which ended on Nov. 5th if necessary. Plus just counted to the 8th opponent on Bengals schedule provided that did not show the bye week. Should have just googled 8th week NFL schedule. Wished I could blame it on being high or drunk, yet unfortunately was just foolishly rushing. 

But this is even better for me. Because if the Reds played in game 7 it will now be the night before the Bills game instead of same day.  We would have two awesome days of adrenaline filled games in a row then, wow popping wood thinking about it. Calling in sick 2 days now, sshhhhhh, please don't tell my boss 

Reds vs Cleveland on Nov 4th and Bengals vs Bills the following day. Just putting down Cleveland per that would be best for the drama with two instate teams playing for all the Cheese. Would rather the Reds win in 4 or 5 for my hearts sake though. But game 7's are the best and would be perfect on Bills weekend. 

Yet after looking at schedule 49ers and Bills back to back weeks is brutal, but exciting at the same time.

Thanks for the correction.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:32 AM)Go Cards Wrote: You're correct, was very busy at work and rushed this at lunch

When I googled World Series dates I did not specify year and 2022 came up which ended on Nov. 5th if necessary. Plus just counted to the 8th opponent on Bengals schedule provided that did not show the  bye week. Should have just googled 8th week NFL schedule. Wished I could blame it on being high or drunk, yet unfortunately was just foolishly rushing. 

But this is even better for me. Because if the Reds played in game 7 it will now be the night before the Bills game instead of same day.  We would have two awesome days of adrenaline filled games in a row then, wow popping wood thinking about it. Calling in sick 2 days now, sshhhhhh, please don't tell my boss 

Reds vs Cleveland on Nov 4th and Bengals vs Bills the following day. Just putting down Cleveland per that would be best for the drama with two instate teams playing for all the Cheese. Would rather the Reds win in 4 or 5 for my hearts sake though. But game 7's are the best and would be perfect on Bills weekend. 

Yet after looking at schedule 49ers and Bills back to back weeks is brutal, but exciting at the same time.

Thanks for the correction.  

You youngsters who still work for a living are at a definite disadvantage when it comes to accurate posting.  It's unavoidable that holding a job can interfere with your fandom, leading to inaccurate postings and having to deal with bosses who don't understand our priorities.  But we old farts on the board will continue to fact-check your posts.  And if you need it, we will be glad to write day-after excused absence notes to your employer.  We're here to help.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 09:27 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: You youngsters who still work for a living are at a definite disadvantage when it comes to accurate posting.  It's unavoidable that holding a job can interfere with your fandom, leading to inaccurate postings and having to deal with bosses who don't understand our priorities.  But we old farts on the board will continue to fact-check your posts.  And if you need it, we will be glad to write day-after excused absence notes to your employer.  We're here to help.

Feel indebted to you old guys and wanted to repay you guys by reminding everyone to please don't forget to take your Geritol today  Ninja  

Seriously though really appreciate it and don't know what I'd do without you all. This board rocks and so does the posters that roam it. 

Fact-check away 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do we have topics outside of those 2 things and Tee's extension?

I agree with Murphy with his versatility. To me though, I really think Charlie Jones is the real deal. He's NFL ready as he has a knack for finding the hole in zones and making the big catch, a true 3rd down threat. His rise should push for PT and make the staff use more 4 wide sets regardless of what they did last year.

All of those threats at WR to all over the field should help open up running lanes and keep the LBs and DBs honest. That's where we get to the running game efficiency and OL topics, but I really think Charlie's thread is going to get some heavy activity.
Reply/Quote
How it’d be mind numbingly stupid to keep Chase and Higgins on payroll when we have serviceable receivers already.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 11:42 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: How it’d be mind numbingly stupid to keep Chase and Higgins on payroll when we have serviceable receivers already.

It’s never stupid to pay a top 10 WR

Why is no1 mentioning that the cap is projected to rise every year? That’s important. If the projected number for Tee is only 5-6 M over what would make us comfortable and the cap rises about that much we don’t even have an issue
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 11:09 AM)phil413 Wrote: Do we have topics outside of those 2 things and Tee's extension?

I agree with Murphy with his versatility.  To me though, I really think Charlie Jones is the real deal.  He's NFL ready as he has a knack for finding the hole in zones and making the big catch, a true 3rd down threat.  His rise should push for PT and make the staff use more 4 wide sets regardless of what they did last year.  

All of those threats at WR to all over the field should help open up running lanes and keep the LBs and DBs honest.  That's where we get to the running game efficiency and OL topics, but I really think Charlie's thread is going to get some heavy activity.

Boyd better watch out, because yeah. Chuck Sizzle is pretty damn polished coming out of college for a rookie. At the very least he 
will push Boyd to get back to his play when he was in his prime. Charlie has great hands and runs crisp routes and is deceivingly 
fast. The 2 rookies this year that have great opportunities to take a lot of snaps are Charlie Jones and Chase Brown as the players
in front of them didn't play great last season.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 12:24 PM)Housh Wrote: It’s never stupid to pay a top 10 WR

Why is no1 mentioning that the cap is projected to rise every year? That’s important. If the projected number for Tee is only 5-6 M over what would make us comfortable and the cap rises about that much we don’t even have an issue

It's stupid to pay for two on the same roster unless your QB is trash.

I swear, we need to decide whether Burrow is him or not. If he's HIm, he shouldn't need top 10 talent. We can spend the money elsewhere.
Reply/Quote