Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What non-Burrow, non-oline discussion will you be HAPPY to have week 8 next year?
(07-13-2023, 08:34 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's stupid to pay for two on the same roster unless your QB is trash.

I swear, we need to decide whether Burrow is him or not. If he's HIm, he shouldn't need top 10 talent. We can spend the money elsewhere.

I would put the money towards Burrow, the trenches and Chase myself.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 08:34 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's stupid to pay for two on the same roster unless your QB is trash.

I swear, we need to decide whether Burrow is him or not. If he's HIm, he shouldn't need top 10 talent. We can spend the money elsewhere.

This sounds so insane to me but it’s how the league has operated

Just think about it…

“We finally got our guy, so now how do we give him the best chance to succeed? Let’s let his WRs walk and claim it’s to lay other guys but then never actually bring anyone else good in.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Crazy how everyone sees football. In my mind when you find your GUY, that’s MORE reason to pay 2 WRs.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 12:44 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would put the money towards Burrow, the trenches and Chase myself.

Nah.

Let’s keep chase and Higgins even though we could find sufficient WR talent in the draft. Let’s keep that defense SUS so Burrow and Chase have to drop 40 to KC every year.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 10:53 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Nah.

Let’s keep chase and Higgins even though we could find sufficient WR talent in the draft. Let’s keep that defense SUS so Burrow and Chase have to drop 40 to KC every year.

That’s the thing tho…the defense isn’t SUS. So while Lou is our D coordinator it just makes no sense not to load up the offense and continue trusting the draft on D

Respectfully of course.

I respect everyone idea of how to build the team. Everyone just has different football minds
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Will the Bengals go undefeated?
Reply/Quote

I sense sarcasm... Ninja

But in all seriousness, if they can find a way for Tee and Ja'Marr's contracts to offset while keeping the trenches tops I am fine with it.

This is possible. But hell no to extending Tee if we suffer in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
If Cincinnati is indeed the center of the sports universe with the Reds winning the World Series that week while the Bengals play on National TV against the Bills at home that Sunday night.

And if there will be ANY parking in the downtown area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 11:42 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: How it’d be mind numbingly  stupid to keep Chase and Higgins on payroll when we have serviceable receivers already.
Because if we can keep them, why not?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2023, 12:26 AM)Housh Wrote: That’s the thing tho…the defense isn’t SUS. So while Lou is our D coordinator it just makes no sense not to load up the offense and continue trusting the draft on D

Respectfully of course.

I respect everyone idea of how to build the team. Everyone just has different football minds

We lost two starting safeties in one offseason. There's promise in Battle but Daxton Hill is indeed sus.

The defense is already bad at getting to the QB, so we'd need a spike in productivity in some other than Trey Hendrickson to pick up the slack. Defense as a unit is SUS until proven otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 02:40 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We lost two starting safeties in one offseason. There's promise in Battle but Daxton Hill is indeed sus.

The defense is already bad at getting to the QB, so we'd need a spike in productivity in some other than Trey Hendrickson to pick up the slack. Defense as a unit is SUS until proven otherwise.

Dax Hill could be better than Jessie Bates on down the road. Expect him to struggle a bit early this season learning as a starter.

Brick Scott has valuable experience and his PFF grade was brought down because of a free roaming idiot in Ramsey with the Rams.

Battle is impressive, Tycen Anderson looked great in the Preseason and if he can stay healthy is also really talented.

The pass rush will have to help out the new Safeties. Adding Myles Murphy helps, Trey is still a top pass rusher, Sam will work his 
ass off this Offseason to get better as he always does, Ossai was consistently getting pressure late last season and in the Playoffs.

We have a top LB core in Wilson, Pratt and ADG and a top Corner in Chido with an up and comer in CTB, a top Slot Corner in Mike
Hilton and good depth with Sidney Jones if he can stay healthy, DJ Turner who has great speed and hips and Jalen Davis. Ivey has
already been impressing everyone.

I think the Defense will prove they are not suspect, we will see. Lou is a mastermind.
Reply/Quote

I will never understand people who say they want to win and do it by cutting our best players. And I don't want to hear any KC bullshit, we've beaten them 3 out of 4 times and all games were by 3. So, it's kind of ridiculous to tout how KC does things, and complain about the way the Bengals do things.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2023, 02:40 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We lost two starting safeties in one offseason. There's promise in Battle but Daxton Hill is indeed sus.

The defense is not SUS, it is a lot faster than it was last year and speed kills. Hill is faster, Battle is faster, Scott is faster. And they brought in help for Trey in drafting Murphy. And I suspect Hubbard will be making more noise this year as well.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 07:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I will never understand people who say they want to win and do it by cutting our best players. And I don't want to hear any KC bullshit, we've beaten them 3 out of 4 times and all games were by 3. So, it's kind of ridiculous to tout how KC does things, and complain about the way the Bengals do things.

Duke nailed it, "we aren't going to make some other team better"... or something like that  Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 07:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I will never understand people who say they want to win and do it by cutting our best players. And I don't want to hear any KC bullshit, we've beaten them 3 out of 4 times and all games were by 3. So, it's kind of ridiculous to tout how KC does things, and complain about the way the Bengals do things.

Preach baby preach on …well said
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

How exactly has Battle shown promise? As far as I know, he has ran around in shorts and a helmet...
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 07:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The defense is not SUS, it is a lot faster than it was last year and speed kills. Hill is faster, Battle is faster, Scott is faster. And they brought in help for Trey in drafting Murphy. And I suspect Hubbard will be making more noise this year as well.  

Are you sure Battle is faster. I’m excited about him but his 40 is 4.55
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

This team has learned twice, once at the end of both the Palmer and Dalton eras, that replacing number 2 receivers is much more difficult than it sounds.  The loss of TJ hurt.  If this team had someone better than Laveranues Coles in the 09 playoff game, the offense would have been far less one-dimensional.  Marvin Jones was no Tee Higgins, but the wr corps still declined greatly after he and Sanu left in 16.  This was at a time when Green still had a lot left and Eifert was on the roster as a 2nd option (theoretically, anyway).  

We've seen the casts rotate.  Coles, Antonio Bryant, end of career TO, Brandon LaFell, Denarius Moore, so on and so forth.  It's receiver purgatory with a clear number one and some jobbers that never quite pan out like you think they should, or like the guys you raised up in house.  

This team made some things really obvious this offseason.  They spent a lot of high picks on young defenders.  The first 2 picks of the last 2 drafts have been defenders.  They also took no TE and waited a long time on a RB.  Then, the first offensive guy they took was a WR.  

This team's identity runs through the quarterback and the receivers.  There's zero doubt at this point.  They have done all they can to build a roster with a top dollar quarterback and at least 2 top receivers.  That's just what the are and intend to be for a long time.  I can't say I hate the results so far.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 08:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Are you sure Battle is faster. I’m excited about him but his 40 is 4.55

And Vonn Bell's was 4.53, but he's now older now and not as fast. I am a huge Bell fan, but at 28 he's going the wrong way..... Battle is 22. Lou now has the fastest defensive backfield in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 10:01 AM)samhain Wrote: This team has learned twice, once at the end of both the Palmer and Dalton eras, that replacing number 2 receivers is much more difficult than it sounds.  The loss of TJ hurt.  If this team had someone better than Laveranues Coles in the 09 playoff game, the offense would have been far less one-dimensional.  Marvin Jones was no Tee Higgins, but the wr corps still declined greatly after he and Sanu left in 16.  This was at a time when Green still had a lot left and Eifert was on the roster as a 2nd option (theoretically, anyway).  

We've seen the casts rotate.  Coles, Antonio Bryant, end of career TO, Brandon LaFell, Denarius Moore, so on and so forth.  It's receiver purgatory with a clear number one and some jobbers that never quite pan out like you think they should, or like the guys you raised up in house.  

This team made some things really obvious this offseason.  They spent a lot of high picks on young defenders.  The first 2 picks of the last 2 drafts have been defenders.  They also took no TE and waited a long time on a RB.  Then, the first offensive guy they took was a WR.  

This team's identity runs through the quarterback and the receivers.  There's zero doubt at this point.  They have done all they can to build a roster with a top dollar quarterback and at least 2 top receivers.  That's just what the are and intend to be for a long time.  I can't say I hate the results so far.

Don't know how anyone can argue with any of this, great post Samhain. As long as we keep the trenches strong that is all 
that matters to all of us I am sure. Joe Burrow wants Tee and Chase here so they will stay and that is also all that matters as
long as the trenches on both sides are able to stay strong.

(07-23-2023, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And Vonn Bell's was 4.53, but he's now older now and not as fast. I am a huge Bell fan, but at 28 he's going the wrong way..... Battle is 22. Lou now has the fastest defensive backfield in the league. 

Yeah, Vonn was never fast and I would argue Battle looks faster on the field. Forties aren't everything but if someone wants to 
base speed on forties we do have about the fastest Secondary in the NFL now with the new additions in DJ Turner, Battle, Scott
Sidney Jones etc.
Reply/Quote