Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What other team could unseat the Chiefs?
(06-19-2023, 02:42 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Popular public opinion has the Chiefs
And Bengals as the top 2 AFC teams.
But could another AFC team pass up the Chiefs
And might be the Bengals could be facing them
In the Title Game. ,
What team could you possibly see coming
Out of nowhere to pass Mahomes and Co?

Depending on the peformance of Anthony Richardson, the Colts could surprise.  They got the OC from Philly to be HC, and their RPO-heavy scheme tore up the NFC last year, due in large part to the rushing talent of Hurts.

Richardson is an even better athlete than Hurts, and quite a bit bigger. 

He could end up injured with all the hits he is likely to take, but with their offensive line and this new RPO scheme, they could be a bigger problem than most realize.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bills. With Von Miller back and I think Dalton Kincaid in a 2 TE look will help them. But I think we match up with them well. But they are still very good.

I wouldn't say they were coming out of nowhere, but they surely have the best chance.  They match up better against KC than Cincy and they will be all-in given this is Bell's last year under contract with them.  
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Ridley gets back to form and their defense can hold up, they have the potential to be dangerous. That said, I think they are a few pieces and a year away from being in the top 1 or 2 team discussion.

It's going to be interesting with Lawrence, Mahomes, Burrow and Allen all battling it out for the next few years.

To be fair, Herbert belongs on this list before Lawrence, but I see what you are saying,  
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the full list;

1. Bengals
2. Bills from a couple years ago.

This is kind of how I see it as well, but this is almost never the case. 

I have been thinking about Denver.  Loads of talent on defense, and adding Sean Peyton.  They were absolute garbage last year, but we have seen teams make pretty fast turnarounds in this league and he is a heck of a coach.  

I really like the kid the Chargers drafted at WR, as their weapons were quite a bit behind the class of the AFC, but they always seem to implode.  Still, they have a lot of talent.

I wonder if the Pats get Hopkins if anyone will think they can contend.  A better OC for Jones could be a big boost to that club, although I hope they suck for decades.

Hate to give them any credit at all, and they have the 4th best QB in the AFC North, but I think the steelers drafted very well (fit them well) and they will always be prepared and physical.  
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Jets

They're gonna be a problem this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Chiefs are any better than anyone in the playoffs last season. I think this season's Jets will be the biggest disappointment of all this upcoming season. Jets think Rodgers is going to be Brady with TB. Not even close.

I think the real question is, who is capable of holding off the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 05:44 PM)Housh Wrote: I cannot trust Trevor Lawrence. Yeah he went insane against the Dolphins and played decent vs the Chiefs but i just can’t get those 4 playoff ints out my head

I don't trust him either. But it was noteworthy that only by dint of a terrible decision by him did the Chiefs get to the AFCCG. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 09:29 AM)jason Wrote: They're gonna be a problem this year.

I agree. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
In the Title Game. ,

Chiefs (Mahomes)
Bengals (Burrow)
Bills (Allen)
Jags (Lawrence)
Dolphins (Tagovailoa)
Chargers (Herbert)

Those are the true contenders in the AFC, for me. All have good/great young QBs at the helm.
Lawrence and Tagovailoa took huge steps up last year.

Ravens also could be in contention again, but it all comes down to if Jackson can stay healthy all season.
They have some better receivers now.

Call me a hater, but I definitely have a "wait and see" approach with the Jets, same with the Broncos. The Broncos last year showed that even by adding a good veteran QB, it can take time (or just not a good fit) before the offense can really start going.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be fair, Herbert belongs on this list before Lawrence, but I see what you are saying,  

Herbert certainly does but he's going to have to overcome Mahomes being in his own divison. KC probably wins the West for awhile, same as Jacksonville is probably taking the South and Buffalo the East. I also think Cincinnati is going to be top of the North for several seasons, so that was the only reason I picked those 4 as they'll have the most opportunities.

Plus, I think Jacksonville has a better supporting cast for the long-term then the Chargers. Keenan Allen started to show his age and Mike Williams has been hurt most years (actually has missed at least one game every year he has been in the league). Ekeler isn't going to be there long-term and he is their most dynamic offensive player. Herbert has a cannon for an arm and is a great QB, give him the supporting cast here or in Buffalo and he's probably going to the Super Bowl. I just don't think the Chargers ever have a plan to build that team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5SV7oVbD7RB9KawNJdCJ...Q&usqp=CAU]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 08:19 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5SV7oVbD7RB9KawNJdCJ...Q&usqp=CAU]

If they hold up, they could be very good.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2023, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's the full list;

1. Bengals
2. Bills from a couple years ago.

Yep, I think the Bills have already peaked. I'd say one of Dolphins, Jags, maybe Chargers?
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2023, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't say they were coming out of nowhere, but they surely have the best chance.  They match up better against KC than Cincy and they will be all-in given this is Bell's last year under contract with them.  

Wait...who's Bell?
Reply/Quote
The AFC is actually anybody's conference, and people need to realize that, or as son as we take a loss or two we'll have to hear all the "well, the season is over" BS. The Steeler's have the worst QB in the Division, and they could very well follow the recipe Cower used to go to the SB with Fat Jen in his second year, which was run the ball and win with defense. Baltimore could certainly do some damage if Lamar and OBJ stay healthy (good luck with that one). The Browns have the potential to make some noise. Chargers, Jets, Bills, Jags, Miami, Denver and others mentioned previously. The AFC became a QB arms race, and most of the top QB's in the league are now in the AFC. It's really anyone's game now. Of course, IMO Burrow is the cream of the crop, we have the best WRs. one of the top defenses, a better backup QB than we have had in the past to get us through a couple of games if need be, and one of the deepest teams I have ever seen Cincy have, so I feel like if Joe stays healthy, this is our year.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2023, 07:57 PM)Chris Boomer Esiason Wrote: Wait...who's Bell?

Von Bell, DE, that was injured before the postseason last year
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The AFC is actually anybody's conference, and people need to realize that, or as son as we take a loss or two we'll have to hear all the "well, the season is over" BS. The Steeler's have the worst QB in the Division, and they could very well follow the recipe Cower used to go to the SB with Fat Jen in his second year, which was run the ball and win with defense. Baltimore could certainly do some damage if Lamar and OBJ stay healthy (good luck with that one). The Browns have the potential to make some noise. Chargers, Jets, Bills, Jags, Miami, Denver and others mentioned previously. The AFC became a QB arms race, and most of the top QB's in the league are now in the AFC. It's really anyone's game now. Of course, IMO Burrow is the cream of the crop, we have the best WRs. one of the top defenses, a better backup QB than we have had in the past to get us through a couple of games if need be, and one of the deepest teams I have ever seen Cincy have, so I feel like if Joe stays healthy, this is our year.

There are a bunch of AFC teams that upped their floor. They may still suck but it’s definitely a harder game with the moves they made. Texans, Colts and a browns all got better
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Von Bell, DE, that was injured before the postseason last year

Von miller?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
In the Title Game. ,

This year the JETS  
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 11:36 AM)SladeX Wrote: Von miller?

Hilarious

Yes, I am an idiot before (apparently) 2 coffees
Reply/Quote