Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What position is off the table in the first?
(02-01-2018, 12:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this wholeheartedly but think some of us think Marvin has decision making power in draft now instead of Bengals business as usual. 

But we are only setting ourselves up for the Lucy vs Charlie Brown kick the football trick AGAIN. 

If he does draft a C or G in first round it will be via trading down like when we drafted Zeitler. 

Just hope the OL is the priority on that side of the ball this draft. 

I believe that too. But I don't think it's feasible at 12.
Also, I think OT definitely would be in consideration in the back half of the first round (assuming they really don't consider at 12).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me off the table is WR, RB, CB, and TE. If the Bengals draft anyone at these positions it will be

BAU as to ticking me off with their 1st rd pick. So I am banking they do that.

On the table in my option in priority order OC, OT, OG, LB, FS

We need to somehow get at least 2 respectable starting Olinemen in this year's draft, or this team will fail again
next year. I think we need to give Burfict some help at an oft injury position, and finally our Safties have not been right since Reggie Nelson left.
Reply/Quote
Off the table in the first round, guarantee, no QB.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
We will most likely take a WR in round 1.
Why? Cause it sells jerseys and so that AJ can walk when his contract is up.
Nobody wants to buy a jersey for Offensive Lineman.
That's how this FO thinks.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 04:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We will most likely take a WR in round 1.
Why? Cause it sells jerseys and so that AJ can walk when his contract is up.
Nobody wants to buy a jersey for Offensive Lineman.
That's how this FO thinks.

Teams don't make money off jerseys. Jersey Sales go to the players and thr players union.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:16 PM)McC Wrote: Is there any position we will not take at #12?  

You don't have to bet yer life on it or anything, but anybody got a guarantee to make?

QB
KICKER
PUNTER
LONGSNAPPER
FULLBACK
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 11:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Would love to see a FB on the field as much as our HB1.

Of course, the skillset would need to be there; not run out a Dan Vitale or something and make sure he can run the ball.

That's probably the only part of the game that has changed in the past 20 years, that I'm not a fan of. But its evolution, I guess...

I love me some FB.

After QB, I feel all bets are off in the 1st round.  I'd like the Smith kid out of Georgia at LB, personally.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Can we trade our first rounder for a gm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Teams don't make money off jerseys. Jersey Sales go to the players and thr players union.

You're right, the team doesn't make direct money from the Jersey sales, but they do get a nice PR bump and sell seats. No one gets excited about OL being drafted like they do a high skill position like a QB/WR/RB/TE.
Reply/Quote
Well, we're in desperate need of an offensive tackle, a linebacker and a center, so I don't suppose we'll draft any of those at No. 12.
Reply/Quote
RB. WR. TE. C. P. K. FB. DE (unless Chubbs somehow falls)
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Center or qb.

My guess is we take a lineman or corner.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:16 PM)McC Wrote: Is there any position we will not take at #12?  

You don't have to bet yer life on it or anything, but anybody got a guarantee to make?

QB
RB
TE
WR
OG (only because of what I saw out of Redmond and Westerman)
FB (kind of obvious)

And if I had to rank in order of what I think the Bengals will be looking very hard at:

OT
LB
CB
S
DT

(That is just for round 1)
Reply/Quote
Bengals need a tackle but I don't believe any of them are worth the 12th pick. Smith, Edmunds, Nelson and James should be the targets at 12 imo. This is the year they need some quality picks. Id be very cool with them trading back into the second round for another offensive lineman.

Something like this would be optimum in my eyes
1st - Edmunds/Smith
2nd - Oline
2nd - Oline
Reply/Quote