Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What round would you draft Orlando Brown
(03-07-2018, 09:44 PM)Emeritus Wrote: I totally get it but never say never that he ends up on the team. I'd give Vontaze the nod for poster child.
Undrafted is just fine,but brown didn't have just a bad workout. It was the worst combine performance in history. I just can't see sacrificing the ability to bring in someone of better quality. 2nd round is the time to bring in a great center, not this pudding cup.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 3rd or 4th

He is a big man that is not getting pushed back but believe speed rushers will get by him easily in NFL.

For that reason do not believe he will play LT either.

Not against taking him and view him as a gamble pick with high upside if it pays off.

I agree certainly not a LT until he get to a team and gets his nutrition in order. If drafted in the first round you'd really always in the back of your mind worry about whether he eats himself out of football. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I would be happy taking him in the 2nd. Folks around here are tripping.

I never was really wild about the tape even before the combine. I can't say that he won't be drafted in the 2nd but man thats an uphill climb. I get the measurables & the droptop ceiling but gesh! I wouldn't move until the third and we have two so... I like it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:23 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 5th for sure. Maybe earlier if there were a serious run on tackles. Burfict didn't test well. Many scouts thought that he was a top tackle before the combine, so he probably has a shot at being a good pro still.

The thing with Burfict is that he doesn't protect a teams main asset he destroys them. I still like him definitely and I'll keep saying that good coahing can make a difference. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think a better question is What Would Marvin Do?
Marvin has known Brown his whole life and also values tape among everything else.
I think Marvin would pull the trigger in Round 2.

I never really thought about that connection with Marvin & his dad. That could be a big deal after such a bad showing. The one thing that I look foward to see is who if anyone attends his proday from the organization. Thats going to be a clue. At the same time he has a boulder on his shoulder and thats dangerous
Reply/Quote
2nd or 3rd
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:24 PM)Emeritus Wrote: The combine couldn't have gone any worst for a potential first rounder in the last decade. So what round would you start to look at drafting this guy if any. There are some tools to work with so where do you think he goes in the draft? With our new offensive line coach and his rep would you go third round or later? Myself with what we have in place I'd still go early third round. There will be many teams who think they can "fix" him so... What do yo think?
I don't see a team drafting him in the first couple rounds now. Dude lost a few million in two hours!!

A few clips: vs OSU/ vs Texas
https://youtu.be/cYLU1_f_Be8
https://youtu.be/lgnr_kvbJgU

Bench press isn't the be-all and end-all, and his tape still suggests he would be a steal in Rd 2.  If he is there, and they got the LT in Rd 1, the offense might actually be able to score some points this year.  It would be the greatest improvements on our team based on the prior year's talent at the position.   That sounds like drafting out of need, but I think McGlinchey is a very good prospect and a leader, and Brown is still a mauler in the running game and should be a RT.  I don't think he would excel at LT, but could be our RT for a decade.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Round 2 and move him inside at OG
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 03:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Round 2 and move him inside at OG

Just way too big of a guy to be a guard at least on this team. Now if we draft Josh Allen then the throwing windows open. The bottom line is getting this guy to play angry every play and taking care of his body. If he buys into those things them I'd bet on him being special. Hopefully as a Bengal
Reply/Quote
Hes a day three guy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 07:32 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Just way too big of a guy to be a guard at least on this team. Now if we draft Josh Allen then the throwing windows open. The bottom line is getting this guy to play angry every play and taking care of his body. If he buys into those things them I'd bet on him being special. Hopefully as a Bengal

I mean, by going by that logic he's also too big to plat OT on this team. As Ogbuehi and Fisher are both around the 300lb mark, and Brown is at 360.

In fact, Boling weighs more than both of them. Zeitler weighed more than both of them, and is only a few inches shorter than Brown.
Closest guy at OT is Andre Smith. At 325 and 6'4.
Zeiter is at 315 and also 6'4.

Brown is taller and weighs more than all our offensive lineman. He is a better fit at OG due to his style of play.

Willie Anderson is the closest guy we have had to Orlando Brown in terms of measurements. But Anderson is still shorter and weighs less.

I just think Brown would have more success as a mauler inside than on the outside.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:19 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, by going by that logic he's also too big to plat OT on this team. As Ogbuehi and Fisher are both around the 300lb mark, and Brown is at 360.

In fact, Boling weighs more than both of them. Zeitler weighed more than both of them, and is only a few inches shorter than Brown.
Closest guy at OT is Andre Smith. At 325 and 6'4.
Zeiter is at 315 and also 6'4.

Brown is taller and weighs more than all our offensive lineman. He is a better fit at OG due to his style of play.

Willie Anderson is the closest guy we have had to Orlando Brown in terms of measurements. But Anderson is still shorter and weighs less.

I just think Brown would have more success as a mauler inside than on the outside.

Wolf, I have a great deal of respect for your opinion around here.  However, I have to ask you why you feel like Brown would be good at Guard?  The guy has never put his hand in the dirt in college.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 03:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wolf, I have a great deal of respect for your opinion around here.  However, I have to ask you why you feel like Brown would be good at Guard?  The guy has never put his hand in the dirt in college.

Less athletic, especially with his footwork. Not saying he would be great day 1 by any means, but his style of play seems better suited for OG.

Then again, I also thought Cam Robinson would be better suited at OG and he actually did much better at OT than I thought he would last year.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 05:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Less athletic, especially with his footwork. Not saying he would be great day 1 by any means, but his style of play seems better suited for OG.

Then again, I also thought Cam Robinson would be better suited at OG and he actually did much better at OT than I thought he would last year.

I disagree.

He can't bend which shows with leverage struggles on the outside it would be more pronounced inside.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree.

He can't bend which shows with leverage struggles on the outside it would be more pronounced inside.

Kind of agree with this, he has the mass to be a guard but not sure of the rest. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: I disagree.

You do have a point.

I just see a big issue with his footwork and lack of athleticism.

To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of many offensive lineman in this draft. It's a pretty weak class.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2018, 05:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Less athletic, especially with his footwork. Not saying he would be great day 1 by any means, but his style of play seems better suited for OG.

Cam Robinson was rated the #77 OT in the NFL in 2017 by PFF with a score of 37.6.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cam-robinson/11789

You expected even worse than that? Twitch
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Orlando Brown has a lot of similarities as the Bengals' own Andre Smith.
Big college LT that has some athletic limitations, many seeing him as needing to move to the right side.
Smith also underperformed at his Pro Day (left Combine before the drills), only putting up a 5.28 40 time on Alabama's track and only posting 19 reps on the bench.
What Smith lacked in athleticism he (somewhat) made up for in sheer size and length.

I see Brown following a similar path to Smith.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 03:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cam Robinson was rated the #77 OT in the NFL in 2017 by PFF with a score of 37.6.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/cam-robinson/11789

You expected even worse than that? Twitch

I mean, Cam Robinson also only gave up 3.5 sacks all year, including the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 03:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, Cam Robinson also only gave up 3.5 sacks all year, including the playoffs.

I hate to say this, but it all comes down to just sacks allowed? I would imagine if he was doing everything else well while only allowing 3.5 sacks all year, he'd have had a (much) better score, right?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote