Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Jeb waiting for?
(05-31-2015, 04:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/jeb-bush-to-bob-schieffer-no-decision-yet-118457.html

Is it wise for Jeb to let the parade of long shots come out first before announcing or is he hurting himself by acting as a candidate one day and then suggesting he isn't one the next day?

I just read an article on this recently.  I will try and find it.... Basically said it was a money thing and he was looking for that traction issue he hits on.....  Problem is that he has been on the opposite side of most
I don't think Jeb is going to run for the presidency. He has to much baggage that is his brothers.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Walker and Rubio are hurting him badly.

Only 2 of the progressives will make the real race.

Walker, Rubio, bush, christie

1 religious

Cruz, Carson, huckabee, Santorum

Rand's candidacy depends on youth and independents in the end.
He isn't going to run unless and until he's sure he'll win the nomination.
Jeb is probably waiting for mommy to take back her comment that the White House has had enough Bush in it.  

That pear shaped loser has 0 chance of winning the election and maybe he realizes it with all the ******* morons currently representing the GOP.
(06-02-2015, 12:29 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Jeb is probably waiting for mommy to take back her comment that the White House has had enough Bush in it.  

That pear shaped loser has 0 chance of winning the election and maybe he realizes it with all the ******* morons currently representing the GOP.

Ironic you post Barbra Bush, She's about the same age as the Dems running.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Is she though funnyman?
(05-31-2015, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt,  but he is not as close to "center" as Pataki. I suppose if the term Extreme Right would have been used instead of Pandering to the Evangelical religious right; I would have better understood Richmond's assertion. 

BTW, I'm not sure of any candidate that thinks there is absolutely no "reason" for abortion.

He used to be a bit more center, but the last few years Santorum has stuck more with the far right "no excuses" stance on abortion, including rape, incest and medical conditions. If he's allowing for any reason, I'm not familiar with it. Personally, I think it's just pandering. He knows that was Bush II's strength, taking the hard line and getting the church vote. And, much like Bush II, he probably realizes he can get in office and do absolutely nothing that large chunk of supporters wanted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I don't know enough about any of Jeb's policies to say much about him, other than I wouldn't hold his last name against him. But most voters would, since many never bother to learn much about candidates beyond what the commercials they see and their favorite right/left-leaning news source.

And then you have some 80% of the population who can be counted on to vote R or D. Poll a while back about Hillary being untrustworthy, and numerous comments from Dems saying they'd never vote R despite not trusting Hillary. Imagine being so brain-washed you'll actually go vote for a PRESIDENT you don't trust, rather than stay home or write someone else in.

But that's the state of the electorate. Most don't vote in primaries, and then complain about their choices as they pull R or D because they feel one is the lesser of two evils.
(06-02-2015, 01:12 AM)Benton Wrote: Personally, I think it's just pandering.

Of course it's pandering, because the abortion issue has pretty much been decided for nearly 40 years.  It's sadly a nationally divisive issue despite the fact most areas of real legislation affect literally handfuls of people a year, and the contraceptive issue is over $30 a month (an amount less than many people pay for OTC drugs not covered by insurance).  This issue should in no way be at the forefront of issues that matter to most of the electorate.  Who knows, maybe it isn't and it just seems that way because it's convenient for biased media to villify candidates with.

Kind of like the gun-control debate.  A lot of hot air from both sides over policies and laws that don't really do much.

But politicians on both sides LOVE both issues because it effectively segregates people into voting blocs (for some reason) and it's pretty easy for most to grandstand by spouting off little more than party talking points.
(06-02-2015, 01:12 AM)Benton Wrote: He used to be a bit more center, but the last few years Santorum has stuck more with the far right "no excuses" stance on abortion, including rape, incest and medical conditions. If he's allowing for any reason, I'm not familiar with it. Personally, I think it's just pandering. He knows that was Bush II's strength, taking the hard line and getting the church vote. And, much like Bush II, he probably realizes he can get in office and do absolutely nothing that large chunk of supporters wanted.

Of course. This was the absolute brilliance of Dubya. He got elected twice off the backs of creationist, pro-life extremist evangelical home-schooling nutjobs by convincing them he was going to ban abortion, prevent gay marriage and force kids to pray to Jesus in schools. Even though he never did any of this, those same glassy-eyed delusional evangitards are still driving around with "Miss me yet?" Bush bumper stickers all throughout the Midwest, blissfully unaware how easily they were bamboozled into being puppets for ultra-corporatism.