Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the point?
What's the point?

What's the point of those that damn the season after tonight? Flip to FX instead of posting, they're playing that terrible 2012 movie. Others need to stop worrying about the media, they beat Denver at night last season in what some thought was a statement game and still lost in the 1st round. Let the media spin all they want how bad a one and done with a bye would be or how a first round win as a wild card doesn't matter because they choked on the bye, ect...what's the point? The point is you're a fan. If you're reading this, you've been patient enough with this team and board situation that you haven't given up. So what is a loss in Denver with a young QB? McCarron got smacked in the mouth, Hue will make adjustments and the line will play with a chip on their shoulder when they get that playoff game. The bye is still possible, but the point is to win the Super Bowl. Maybe Andy plays and they rally around him, maybe McCarron does and they rally around him. At this point, I'm wondering what the point even is to responding to the ones that want to claim "first" to declare the season over. Do you win something for that? There is still hope, and all that is going to really matter is how they play in that 1st playoff game and then beyond.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:53 AM)phil413 Wrote: What's the point?  

What's the point of those that damn the season after tonight?  Flip to FX instead of posting, they're playing that terrible 2012 movie.  Others need to stop worrying about the media, they beat Denver at night last season in what some thought was a statement game and still lost in the 1st round.  Let the media spin all they want how bad a one and done with a bye would be or how a first round win as a wild card doesn't matter because they choked on the bye, ect...what's the point?  The point is you're a fan.  If you're reading this, you've been patient enough with this team and board situation that you haven't given up.  So what is a loss in Denver with a young QB?  McCarron got smacked in the mouth, Hue will make adjustments and the line will play with a chip on their shoulder when they get that playoff game.  The bye is still possible, but the point is to win the Super Bowl.  Maybe Andy plays and they rally around him, maybe McCarron does and they rally around him.  At this point, I'm wondering what the point even is to responding to the ones that want to claim "first" to declare the season over.  Do you win something for that?  There is still hope, and all that is going to really matter is how they play in that 1st playoff game and then beyond.

Good point.  This game was not the end of everything. We are still very much in this.   We need to do something about Center next year though.  And Andre Smith should leave in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You need a eye doctor, I can see you're going blind
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:16 AM)88Bengals Wrote: You need a eye doctor, I can see you're going blind

You need a gynecologist. You have sand in your vagina.
Reply/Quote
What's the point?

The point is talking gloom and doom all the time on threads don't help anything or anyone.

I don't care what happened tonight. This team can win the SB this year.

Everything we need to win the SB this year, we have. We had it before this game and we still have it now.

Super Bowl Champions lose games throughout the year. We just lost a game. So what, we can still win the SB.

Whatever is placed in front of the Bengals in the playoffs, they just need to run it over. Just plow through whatever is in your way.

PERIOD.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:34 AM)tigerseye Wrote: What's the point?

The point is talking gloom and doom all the time on threads don't help anything or anyone.

I don't care what happened tonight. This team can win the SB this year.

Everything we need to win the SB this year, we have. We had it before this game and we still have it now.

Super Bowl Champions lose games throughout the year. We just lost a game. So what, we can still win the SB.

Whatever is placed in front of the Bengals in the playoffs, they just need to run it over. Just plow through whatever is in your way.

PERIOD.
My point exactly, but I like this part especially!
Reply/Quote