Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's with all the Twitter boycotts?
(12-12-2022, 11:58 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: So I have been suspended 12 hours ( once again :p ) from Twitter just because I said ' Drink some bleech then' to some fellows who wanted to prosecute Fauci and of course jail him without a trial.

Free speech they said ...

It's Ok to praise nazis, to insult people but not OK to repeat the magnificent advices from TFG ...

surprising since Elon is working really hard to promote the drama, even starting it himself, that gets clicks from people wanting to be outraged. IMO, the toxic Twitter is as much a product of the drama seekers as the drama makers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:19 PM)pally Wrote: surprising since Elon is working really hard to promote the drama, even starting it himself, that gets clicks from people wanting to be outraged. IMO, the toxic Twitter is as much a product of the drama seekers as the drama makers

To me it is amusingly bizarre to see someone who is the richest person on the planet spend his time obsessing over, posting, and arguing conspiracy BS via the internet, since that's pretty much what people who don't have a lot of money spend their time doing.

Over the past 20+ years people like Elon and Mike Lindell and Kanye were doing stuff and making a billion bucks while poor rural PA country rubes I knew were stocking up on canned food because Y2K was going destabilize the planet, and were claiming that SARS was invented by the Chinese and/or Russians in order to attack the USA, and sitting around saying stuff like "Hitler had the right idea, but you aren't allowed to point that out."  

Now they're all posting about throwing Fauci in jail, and so on.  It's just interesting that the richest man in the world posts the same stuff as a woman I know who hasn't worked in almost 20 years because she's too crazy so she spends all her time on her phone researching and sharing insane crap.

Hell, I heard that pro-Hitler Kanye rant 25 years ago from a fellow high school student.  It's something to see people who supposedly hit all the targets our society deems to be success regress towards engaging in what has been the pastime of the peasants. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: To me it is amusingly bizarre to see someone who is the richest person on the planet spend his time obsessing over, posting, and arguing conspiracy BS via the internet, since that's pretty much what people who don't have a lot of money spend their time doing. 

Fauci piece aside…

We listened for years how the left called right conspiracy theorists over twitter controlling the narrative. Late night TV, talk shows, many people on this vary forum…just ridicule those claiming they were be silenced.

So now that he is giving the public full transparency on what happened thus proving twitter was doing exactly that and now we say “oh he’s just an attention *****”

He does like attention, but he’s honestly doing the public a favor and if those hardcore ignorant left individuals (speaking in general, not to you mr. Nate or the others here) don’t get it, then they just want to spend their lives hating and can’t be helped.

Bunch of typos in there but I did this on my phone and it’s a pain to correct ?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:31 PM)basballguy Wrote: Fauci piece aside…

We listened for years how the left called right conspiracy theorists over twitter controlling the narrative.  Late night TV, talk shows, many people on this vary forum…just ridicule those claiming they were be silenced.

So now that he is giving the public full transparency on what happened thus proving twitter was doing exactly that and now we say “oh he’s just an attention *****”

He does like attention, but he’s honestly doing the public a favor and if those hardcore ignorant left individuals (speaking in general, not to you mr. Nate or the others here) don’t get it, then they just want to spend their lives hating and can’t be helped.

Bunch of typos in there but I did this on my phone and it’s a pain to correct ?

Is Elon giving full transparency?  Seems to me like he's just another voice peddling/promising/hyping stuff that he doesn't deliver on and acting like he is some sort of champion for freedom when freedom coincides with his self-interests and self gain.

I'll admit I'm not on twitter and I'm not following things terribly closely outside of the pop cultural oddness of it all, but I find it a bit hard to believe that by not being on twitter I'm truly missing out on a revolutionary way to experience the freedoms of being an American.

But really, I'm more interested in how he spend 45 billion bucks to become an internet troll, which people have been doing for free for a long time already.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Elon giving full transparency?  Seems to me like he's just another voice peddling/promising/hyping stuff that he doesn't deliver on and acting like he is some sort of champion for freedom when freedom coincides with his self-interests and self gain.

I'll admit I'm not on twitter and I'm not following things terribly closely outside of the pop cultural oddness of it all, but I find it a bit hard to believe that by not being on twitter I'm truly missing out on a revolutionary way to experience the freedoms of being an American.

But really, I'm more interested in how he spend 45 billion bucks to become an internet troll, which people have been doing for free for a long time already.

I’m not on twitter either, don’t really see the point…but he’s been releasing internal communications all around Jan 6 and DJT (and other topics).

While I’m sure there’s cherry picking involved, it’s become plain as day that everything conservatives were complaining about is 100% true.

The interesting piece to me is it seems like Twitter leadership caved to employee demands and abandoned all common sense.

I imagine the “mass exodus” of employees we saw a few weeks ago were the same ones clamoring for DJT to be banned a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 01:49 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m not on twitter either, don’t really see the point…but he’s been releasing internal communications all around Jan 6 and DJT (and other topics).

While I’m sure there’s cherry picking involved, it’s become plain as day that everything conservatives were complaining about is 100% true.  

About what?  I'm not sure if this is hyperbolic on your part, or what.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: About what?  I'm not sure if this is hyperbolic on your part, or what.

That he wasn’t banned for breaking the rules (the disclosed internal conversations indicated they found nothing rule breaking with his jan 6 comments). He was banned to please “activist employees”. (Elon’s words)

That they put blocks in place to prevent certain stories from being shared

That they were sharing data with the DOJ regarding DJT

I’m on my phone but I’ll do a best effort to find a neutral site that has the info later.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: That he wasn’t banned for breaking the rules (the disclosed internal conversations indicated they found nothing rule breaking with his jan 6 comments).  He was banned to please “activist employees”. (Elon’s words)

I’m on my phone but I’ll do a best effort to find a neutral site that has the info later.

Yeah, but these are all the actions of a private company.  I guess my thing is that I don't see where people get the idea that twitter was supposed to be some sort of free platform when it was a private company any more than it is now. 

Keep in mind Elon very publicly stated his own personal reasons to ban Alex Jones from twitter.  

Maybe I'm running two arguments into one, but I don't see how any of this stuff is suppression or an issue of free speech, etc.  I see a platform that had a left lean get purchased by a man who has a right lean, but only one of these sides pretends that they are promoting a public forum for universal free speech.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but these are all the actions of a private company.  I guess my thing is that I don't see where people get the idea that twitter was supposed to be some sort of free platform when it was a private company any more than it is now. 

Keep in mind Elon very publicly stated his own personal reasons to ban Alex Jones from twitter.  

Maybe I'm running two arguments into one, but I don't see how any of this stuff is suppression or an issue of free speech, etc.  I see a platform that had a left lean get purchased by a man who has a right lean, but only one of these sides pretends that they are promoting a public forum for universal free speech.

Twitter was not a private company at the time but I get what you're saying there...non government entity.  

I'm not arguing the free speech thing.  I'm saying all the gaslighting that has happened over the last few years with the right accusing Twitter of suppression and the left accusing the right of being conspiracy theorists over it.  

There was absolute suppression.  Sure they can do what they want, but the public was straight up lied to for a couple years.  

If Twitter just came out and said "Ya we banned DJT cause we didn't like him" or "We blocked those stories because we didn't agree with the narrative" then it would be a different conversation.  
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 03:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: Twitter was not a private company at the time but I get what you're saying there...non government entity.  

I'm not arguing the free speech thing.  I'm saying all the gaslighting that has happened over the last few years with the right accusing Twitter of suppression and the left accusing the right of being conspiracy theorists over it.  

There was absolute suppression.  Sure they can do what they want, but the public was straight up lied to for a couple years.  

If Twitter just came out and said "Ya we banned DJT cause we didn't like him" or "We blocked those stories because we didn't agree with the narrative" then it would be a different conversation.  

All right wing suppression (as in suppression of the right wing, I guess I mean) does is open the door for the free market to meet the demand for a right wing or "free speech" alternative to twitter.  Years before Elon bought twitter we had parler and um....not grinder....what is it....telegram and even stuff like Frank Speech by Lindell and Trump's own Truth Central thing were all marketed on the basis of "Twitter is left wing and censoring us, come here and be free!" These are two platforms (well, Frank Speech was supposed to be a social media platform, wasn't it?) founded by two of the biggest faces of the GOP.

Wasn't it Parler that was basically like "Screw Twitter, come over here and be free!" and then accidentally ended up being the FBI's best friend for turning over evidence against conservatives who posted on it?

I just don't see what is new about this right-wing friendly social media thing, other than there being yet another cult like figure attached to a brand that formerly had a left wing slant.  Maybe that is crazy enough for most folks.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 03:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All right wing suppression does is open the door for the free market to meet the demand for a right wing or "free speech" alternative to twitter.  Years before Elon bought twitter we had parler and um....not grinder....what is it....telegram and even stuff like Frank Speech by Lindell and Trump's on Truth Central thing were all marketed on the basis of "Twitter is left wing and censoring us, come here and be free!"

Wasn't it Parler that was basically like "Screw Twitter, come over here and be free!" and then accidentally ended up being the FBI's best friend for turning over evidence against conservatives who posted on it?

I just don't see what is new about this right-wing friendly social media thing, other than there being yet another cult like figure attached to a brand that formerly had a left wing slant.  Maybe that is crazy enough for most folks.

Naaaaaate

None of your points are wrong.  :)

Though I think Grinder is that gay hookup app.  I'm fairly certain that's incredibly left leaning.  

It's just as simple as "It doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen"

Then it's proven it did happen...that's all.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

We shouldn't be ok with being lied to simply because we agree with the lie.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 03:22 PM)basballguy Wrote: Naaaaaate

None of your points are wrong.  :)

Though I think Grinder is that gay hookup app.  I'm fairly certain that's incredibly left leaning.  

It's just as simple as "It doesn't happen, it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen"

Then it's proven it did happen...that's all.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

We shouldn't be ok with being lied to simply because we agree with the lie.

Tell that to the people who think Elon's twitter is some sort of haven of free speech.

Anyways, corporations lie to us...you don't have to be a rocket surgeon to realize New Coke isn't it.
Reply/Quote
Elon has his knickers in a twist. He is suspending all sorts of reporters who dared to criticize him or reported on the criticism.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:44 PM)pally Wrote: Elon has his knickers in a twist.  He is suspending all sorts of reporters who dared to criticize him or reported on the criticism.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

But, but , but HE PROMISED!

[Image: FkEEwugX0AAfosf?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 11:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: But, but , but HE PROMISED!

[Image: FkEEwugX0AAfosf?format=jpg&name=large]

Never trust megalomaniacal narcissitic billionaires

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: That he wasn’t banned for breaking the rules (the disclosed internal conversations indicated they found nothing rule breaking with his jan 6 comments). He was banned to please “activist employees”. (Elon’s words)

I mean, I think purposely banning someone and thereby witholding info that literally incited people to attack THE main parliament building of a nation is just a downright decent and JUST/PROPER/GREAT thing to do, but what do I know?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:44 PM)pally Wrote: Elon has his knickers in a twist.  He is suspending all sorts of reporters who dared to criticize him or reported on the criticism.

I'm half joking, but why don't people who want to post critical stuff about Elon on Twitter just FIND/REPLACE his name with something like Biden, or The Jews, or something like that.

I can picture Elon letting an article link that says "Biden booed by crowd at comedy show" slip through the cracks.
Reply/Quote
[Image: chapelle-charlie-murphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Funny enough questions are starting to come up about his story about a “crazy” guy following his kid because of the plane tracking. The timeline apparently makes no sense and there wasn’t even a post about the flight in question. Reporters now asking questions and reporting on it are being banned. The police have no report of this event which seems weird since by musks own claims was quite dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 11:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mean, I think purposely banning someone and thereby witholding info that literally incited people to attack THE main parliament building of a nation is just a downright decent and JUST/PROPER/GREAT thing to do, but what do I know?

I’m guessing you didn’t read the rest of the thread. Not arguing the right or wrong of jan6. It’s about the gaslighting and lying that happened.
Reply/Quote