Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the Bengals change scheme wise?
As others have mentioned, more play action. Also, it'd be nice to see a more efficient 2 minute offense. Time management has always been poor and they tend to look lost in these situations. Seems like it's been that way for years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Id like to see some more short crossers with the speed guys against the linebackers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On O I'd like to see more boot/play action type of plays. It'd also be good to see some more dink and dunk type stuff out of the shotgun. I feel that that style of play(like the Saints have had success with) is what Dalton is most comfortable with. Also, more moving dudes around before the play to create mismatches.

On D more pre-snap motion and players being given non-vanilla assignments(like the Broncos game). The LBs weren't used very creatively last year(possibly due to injury). I'd like to see more chaos and confusion pre-snap.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 08:27 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I would like to see our offense exploit free plays by passing down field on defensive penalties, instead of settling for five yards.

I don't see them taking the knee a la Palmer and Brat, but I would like to see them try and alter the snap count and add in a hard count now and then and try to catch opposing teams.  I don't view this as a gimmick at all.  I believe it is a good strategy to keep teams from teeing off on your snap count. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 02:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Id like to see some more short crossers with the speed guys against the linebackers.

Gio has made a few defenses look absolutely silly on these plays
Reply/Quote
I think from what iv seen last year we have a pretty solid scheme. I do believe we go horizontal too much. I know some of that is Dalton's fault and we only have 1 deep threat but iv seen other teams go vertical and they have even less talent than us. This is the 2015 NFL, if we cant stretch the field we wont do well
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 08:47 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Having Eifert and Marvin Jones back is huge. We absolutely missed them last year.

Jones was turning into a beast at the end of 2013.

Can't wait to see this team all healthy.

With Geno and MJ back to their best level, it won't be the same team next year.

We'll gonna be strong this year.

I have no confidence in Eifert or Jones staying healthy.  The team need to find more durable players at both positions.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote