Poll: Which loss stings worse?
Super Bowl Loss stings worse
Losing to Cheifs stings worse
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What stings worst?
(01-30-2023, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm sitting here with an almost 4 week old baby sleeping on me. Life is good.

Wait till it's 45 and still wants to sleep on you.. Tongue  Yeah...babies are special no doubt.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Neither the Super Bowl last year nor this game tonight f'ed me up as much as that meltdown in 2015. That loss was so devastating it slammed the door shut on the entire organization, and almost my fanhood.

I think this loss is one that we can learn from with the culture that is here right now. Afterall, KC was in this boat exactly a year ago, and look where they are now. I think ZT has come a long way, and if he can do something to get more balanced on offense, and maybe rein in the cockiness a little, then this team has a bright future.
Reply/Quote
Last year was harder because it was so close. But none of it is that bad to me. This team has turned the corner. They’re not in the only year of a window because they sold out to get a ring now and wallow for another decade. They went from nothing to SB last year. This year they went back to the AFCCG in KC. And good on KC for stepping up big and taking it home. I think the Eagles eat their lunch in the SB.

Now, Burrow gets a (hopefully) normal offseason and I think he and the team feel they have more to prove now than they did after last year. And we’ve seen the birth of the new greatest rivalry in the NFL between Cincy and KC.

It’s okay to be bummed about tonight, but I’m more hopeful than ever and loving living in the moment where the Bengals are relevant and fun to watch each year.
Reply/Quote
Our sails sprung leaks to let the wind out of them the days Collins and Cappa went down.. Collins probably won't be back anytime soon, but Cappa will and I think Jr will be alright in Williams place. Find a replacement for Collins and the Oline will be pretty good next year.. This year we came up short against a great team, but we're not going to be like LA this season. At least we didn't have to lose a 4th straight superbowl.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It’s the Super Bowl loss, easy.

The only reason that this poll is remotely close is that it was made minutes after the game ended.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No Bengals loss stings me. I enjoy the games and am proud of our team regardless of a win or loss. Would like a win, but can't win them all. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Guys we're never going to even be noticed until a Bengals player gets a contract with State Farm..
Reply/Quote
Two Superbowl loses in a row would have sucked and Philly looks very very good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This obviously. No good fearing a SB loss that hasn’t even happened. Have to be in it to win it.
This hurts, this one hurts bad. You can win every game and to know we are at the top echelon of the league is a comfort but this was had to watch and hard to take.
Reply/Quote
Definitely the Super Bowl loss.

The main reason is after the Super Bowl loss, I had this fear of "What if we never make it back here? What if this was just a magical ride of 'luck' and good fortune? Our offense is so streaky. If Chase catches a deep ball, we succeed but, if not, we struggle to string successful drives together. In the playoffs, we won 3 one possesion games because we got 3 picks against the Titans, the pick against the Raiders and an absurd comeback against the Chiefs because Mahomes just played like complete dog shit in the second half. What if this was our one and only chance and we blew it?"

But now, we have cemented ourselves. Not only was this loss mostly bullshit from the refs (missed blocks in the back on that final punt return, missed holding on that final offensive play, an egregious "do over" 3rd down for the Chiefs, phantom DPI on Hilton, multiple bad spots that messed up our drive at the end of the first half), it was also mainly lost because of our injuries on the offensive line. Adeniji got beaten like a drum all day and especially on our last offensive play. If we draft a tackle to take over RT or, hell, if we move Carman over there once Williams is healthy, that should be better.

And, to be perfectly honest, we weren't beating the Eagles with that Oline. Their defense is truly incredible. I think this is just their year.

If we won today and then lost to the Eagles in the Super Bowl, there'd start to be questions about whether Joe can get it up for the big game (being 0-2 in the SB), and I'm just glad to avoid that whole off season storyline.

I'm confident we'll be in the conversation next season now, so this one doesn't hurt nearly as bad. Sometimes the ball bounces the other way. But we'll be there for a long time. We're the Chiefs' primary rival now and we'll get them back for this one. And it may even be in Cincinnati next time.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:23 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Definitely the Super Bowl loss.

The main reason is after the Super Bowl loss, I had this fear of "What if we never make it back here? What if this was just a magical ride of 'luck' and good fortune? Our offense is so streaky. If Chase catches a deep ball, we succeed but, if not, we struggle to string successful drives together. In the playoffs, we won 3 one possesion games because we got 3 picks against the Titans, the pick against the Raiders and an absurd comeback against the Chiefs because Mahomes just played like complete dog shit in the second half. What if this was our one and only chance and we blew it?"

But now, we have cemented ourselves. Not only was this loss mostly bullshit from the refs (missed blocks in the back on that final punt return, missed holding on that final offensive play, an egregious "do over" 3rd down for the Chiefs, phantom DPI on Hilton, multiple bad spots that messed up our drive at the end of the first half), it was also mainly lost because of our injuries on the offensive line. Adeniji got beaten like a drum all day and especially on our last offensive play. If we draft a tackle to take over RT or, hell, if we move Carman over there once Williams is healthy, that should be better.

And, to be perfectly honest, we weren't beating the Eagles with that Oline. Their defense is truly incredible. I think this is just their year.

If we won today and then lost to the Eagles in the Super Bowl, there'd start to be questions about whether Joe can get it up for the big game (being 0-2 in the SB), and I'm just glad to avoid that whole off season storyline.

I'm confident we'll be in the conversation next season now, so this one doesn't hurt nearly as bad. Sometimes the ball bounces the other way. But we'll be there for a long time. We're the Chiefs' primary rival now and we'll get them back for this one. And it may even be in Cincinnati next time.

I didn’t want that negative storyline about our team not able to win the big game like buffalo when they lost 4 straight. We avoided that. Eagles are a buzzsaw this year.

If our oline stayed intact, I think we win it this year. Bad luck, come back stronger next year.
Reply/Quote
Playing the Eagles, that would scare me more.
I'd be horribly afraid Joe would get seriously hurt vs that DL (with our OL) and get our chances messed up for next year.
Reply/Quote
A Super Bowl loss always stings the most. A team is just one win away from championship status.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:49 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah the refs weren't great but I don't know that they were neccessarily bias. When it came down to it the Bengals oline couldn't protect Burrow enough. Cheifs secondary is better than last year too.

Don't see how this oline could hold up in the Super Bowl. I dont know if there's a defense that can contain the Eagles offense when healthy either. They are elite up front and at the skill positions. And Hurts should have won MVP.

Absolutely. They took a TD off the board for KC, even though it was blatant, but Cinci. also got away with 2 absolute blatant holds on KC. Really needed a 3rd WR to come into play with Boyd out. They kept Hurst in to block alot. KC started doubling and/or bracketing Chase and Tee and even when they got open he just  did not have the time in the pocket.

Cinci. would have still had a great chance to win the SB. They probably would have gotten back 1-2 OL and with 2 weeks to scheme and the job the coaches do, not to mention the SB experience of a year ago, and they would have had a great chance.
Reply/Quote
It sucks to lose but that's the vast majority of the seasons for teams. There is even a little relief that I don't have two spend two nerve wracking weeks leading up to the Super Bowl. I mean I'd rather they were going, but still.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It sucks to lose but that's the vast majority of the seasons for teams.  There is even a little relief that I don't have two spend two nerve wracking weeks leading up to the Super Bowl.  I mean I'd rather they were going, but still.

I can relate. I much would rather Burrow go to the Super Bowl and win it all, but it comes with fandom-stress!

Maybe in a couple seasons we'll have an Eagles-like run owning everyone instead of close victories?
Reply/Quote
I say this. Both coordinates ar interviewing for HC. Lot of free agents to re sign. Joes big contract. Chase next year. Our comfy cap position will goa do we will lose a bunch of guys. Hope we can keep it going.
Also, the O line still is not great. J Williams is not a good tackle. So we have a lot to address next two years
Reply/Quote