Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do about Burfict?
(09-01-2015, 10:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: If you saw him walking on the sidelines during the game Saturday, he's not looking close to seeing the field. Won't be surprised if he isn't playing this season.

Exactly he looked like he has a long way to go!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:33 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Exactly he looked like he has a long way to go!!

thats why you have to pup him i think and re-evaluate in 6 weeks... which basically gives them another 6-9 weeks before having to place on IR or activiate.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats why you have to pup him i think and re-evaluate in 6 weeks... which basically gives them another 6-9 weeks before having to place on IR or activiate.

I am hoping he comes back D is so different without him...  for sure...  Fingers crossed for the big guy... I still can't believe he was twisting peoples ankles!! LOL...
Reply/Quote
He needs to stop tackling with his head as well..

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/31/9237669/bengals-need-to-make-a-hard-decision-on-vontaze-burfict
Reply/Quote
[Image: internet-tough-guy-300x248.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Put him on the IR where you can come back in week 10. Don't rush him back. You need to find a way to go at least 5-4 without him. Then you can be better for late in the year and the playoffs when weather might force more of a rushing attack.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:58 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Put him on the IR where you can come back in week 10. Don't rush him back. You need to find a way to go at least 5-4 without him. Then you can be better for late in the year and the playoffs when weather might force more of a rushing attack.

What do we do about keeping him in shape with a bad knee?  What do they do?  I hope he gets back sooner than later but he we have to keep him out til then what will the team do to knock off the rust?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:29 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is your problem?  What are you some type of tough guy?  I can say what I think.....  Real tough guy behind a keyboard and mouse...  I said I hope I am wrong, but he has had a history simple as that tough guy Mr Macha Randy Savage here..  hahaha what a joke............  

Let me make a smart comment cause I can't really give any input or think on my own!!!  MR. Tough Guy!!!  

HAHAHHAAA.........................

burflict is not one of these athletes that is cut from a mountain of stone..never has been..yet he is an exceptional linebacker. I would imagine that the coaches most certainly have a better idea as to his shape and prepardness than do you. Quit crying when somebody does not agree with you
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:33 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Exactly he looked like he has a long way to go!!

WE met Vontaze earlier this spring..again he is not one of these football players chiseled from stone..hes always been a little flabby..but tremendously talented he is/.

if you saw pat sims..you probably would say he cant play the game of football Wink

what you observed walking on the sidelines is what he as always  has been

regardless ..with microfracture surgery they would be wise to PUP him
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 11:11 AM)xavierdude Wrote: burflict is not one of these athletes that is cut from a mountain of stone..never has been..yet he is an exceptional linebacker. I would imagine that the coaches most certainly have a better idea as to his shape and prepardness than do you. Quit crying when somebody does not agree with you

[Image: tumblr_na82y4esa61sg99p0o1_1280.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:58 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Put him on the IR where you can come back in week 10. Don't rush him back. You need to find a way to go at least 5-4 without him. Then you can be better for late in the year and the playoffs when weather might force more of a rushing attack.

to do that we have to carry him on the 53 then put him on IR a few days later meaning a risk of losing his replacement when he is already eligible for pup then can be placed on IR later if need be.

Plus who knows we might need that IR/Return for another player.
Reply/Quote

(09-01-2015, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: to do that we have to carry him on the 53 then put him on IR a few days later meaning a risk of losing his replacement when he is already eligible for pup then can be placed on IR later if need be.

Plus who knows we might need that IR/Return for another player.

Why would we not PUP him (eligible to return week 6 and have until week 8 to decide) so we save a roster spot?
He has not practiced so he should be on PUP

The IR has 2 options, one he is out for all of 2015 (which can be done after week 8 if he is on PUP) or use our 1 designate to return so he can come back. Again, why would they do this? It makes no sense as we may have a player hurt in first few games we need to use this designation on versus losing a roster spot for a guy out 5 or 6 weeks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The bigger question should be, "How do the Bengals keep Vontaze Burfict from getting injured all the time because the Bengals need him on the field for all 19 games and not out for even one?"

Seriously, maybe the Bengals should put Burfict in touch with Ray Lewis or something because Burficts carreer is going to be a short one.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 11:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The bigger question should be, "How do the Bengals keep Vontaze Burfict from getting injured all the time because the Bengals need him on the field for all 19 games and not out for even one?"

Seriously, maybe the Bengals should put Burfict in touch with Ray Lewis or something because Burficts carreer is going to be a short one.

Great Post!! Man... nice!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 11:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The bigger question should be, "How do the Bengals keep Vontaze Burfict from getting injured all the time because the Bengals need him on the field for all 19 games and not out for even one?"

well it wasnt a problem his first 2 years. So last year is the *
Reply/Quote
[Image: vontaze-burfict-greg-olsen.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Definitely PUP in the least. He was limping on the sideline during the Bears game. Hopefully he will be 100% after he is eligible to return from the PUP List.
Reply/Quote
I was doing some reading on microfracture surgery on Wikipedia under "Use in Professional Sports" and it appears that the healing time is closer to a year to get back to full strength, which is what we really need at the NFL level.  I would love to see him play again but I hope he doesn't completely ruin his knee just trying to get back onto the field.  Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if he never gets back on the field again.  Not trying to be a debbie downer, because he truly was awesome to watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:23 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I was doing some reading on microfracture surgery on Wikipedia under "Use in Professional Sports" and it appears that the healing time is closer to a year to get back to full strength, which is what we really need at the NFL level.  I would love to see him play again but I hope he doesn't completely ruin his knee just trying to get back onto the field.  Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if he never gets back on the field again.  Not trying to be a debbie downer, because he truly was awesome to watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microfracture_surgery

That kind of thinking is not allowed.. just a warning tough guy is here so you will probably get bashed!!!!  LOL..  I am pulling for the guy but as I stated before in my other post Are we truly expecting him to be what he was?  I have my doubts...  I hope you are a big Internet Tough Guy.. too cause I got bashed by Mr. Tough Guy early for speaking my opinion on the matter!!  

LOL................  Nice post man!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 12:53 AM)J24 Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/31/9237669/bengals-need-to-make-a-hard-decision-on-vontaze-burfict
So what should the Bengals do with Vontaze?

He was in the Pro Bowl, so we could use the return of a Pro Bowl player....If he can return and play this season, leave that option open. .....If we could add him to Hawk and the others, we could win in the Play-Offs.......BUT......be prepared to win without him if he can't play in 2015. ...Either way, the focus is SUPER BOWL, just as Urban Meyer didn't quit after losing two Heisman type quarterbacks in one season. ...We go on with or without him....His return could help, so leave that option open as long as possible. At some point in the season, you have to say it is too late to bring him back, but that is down the road.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote