Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do about Burfict?
(09-01-2015, 01:07 PM)kevin Wrote: He was in the Pro Bowl, so we could use the return of a Pro Bowl player....If he can return and play this season, leave that option open. .....If we could add him to Hawk and the others, we could win in the Play-Offs.......BUT......be prepared to win without him if he can't play in 2015. 

BOOMAGE NICE POSTAGE!!  Kevin!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:17 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see him coming back the way we remember him....  He will be rusty and he just doesn't seem to me to be the kind to keep in great shape when he is not active.  I am wondering how much the knee has improved...    Hate to say, but might need to look elsewhere if not back to practice sooner than later.
There absolutely is seed of doubt planted that Burfict might not ever be right or the same anymore.

One wants to believe the Vontaze habits of old have been a thing of the past.

However like anything else it still happened.

We all love what VB has brought to the Bengals which was long overdue. 

Sadly if his recovery is slow or not as successful as hoped the team needs to look for other solutions.

I just don't know why you should get flamed for posting that?

As far as I know you never claimed to be an expert.

Only speaking your mind and saying how you feel.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There absolutely is seed of doubt planted that Burfict might not ever be right or the same anymore.

Sadly if his recovery is slow or not as successful as hoped the team needs to look for other solutions.

I just don't know why you shouldn't get flamed for posting that.

Thanks!!  I am not an expert everyone here knows I am a English Teach!!  (:"  I hope he does come back and is like his old self, hoping!!  for sure!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There absolutely is seed of doubt planted that Burfict might not ever be right or the same anymore.

I just don't know why you should get flamed for posting that?

problem is u see burfict along the sidelines..without uniform..see that he is somewhat chubby as he has always been, maybe limping a little.. and u have alreadydrawn conclusions and put him out to pasture. I would suggest that both his doctors and coaches know far more than any of us
Reply/Quote
Use the extra time to show him all his headbutt no-no reels.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 01:42 PM)xavierdude Wrote: problem is u see burfict along the sidelines..without uniform..see that he is somewhat chubby as he has always been, maybe limping a little.. and u have alreadydrawn conclusions and put him out to pasture. I would suggest that both his doctors and coaches know far more than any of us

NO!!  NO!!!  NO!!!!! I DID NOT SAY THAT...............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: h4Wpn8T.gif]
Reply/Quote
Watching him on the sidelines, he appears to still be limping. If he's still limping, he will not be ready in 6 weeks. I suspect he will end the year on IR and come back next year.
Reply/Quote
My view his he is on the opening day roster but does not play until the Steelers game. He still needs to practice to get into football shape.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
In cold hard reality the team should be planning as if Burflict is finished, no matter what the hopes are.

Me, I'd much rather he came back 100% but the clock is ticking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's ready til next year.  By then he'll essentially have missed two full seasons.  Has anybody come back after sitting two seasons?  I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 10:09 AM)xavierdude Wrote: oh really..please let us know when your personal observation and evaluation sessions with Burfict took pla Yawn ce

I miss negative rep.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:06 AM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: We don't really know where he is in rehab. It could be a situation we put him on the 53 and he is ready week three. We just don't know
Without ANY practice, he will need several weeks to get himself in shape to play.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he goes onto the IR recall spot?  If he is not ready by the midpoint of the season, they could always move him to the season ending IR, and pick up another body.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
it really depends, is he close to being ready or not?
If he's close, then put him on the 53 and sit him for a couple of weeks.
If not, then put him on the PUP.
Short Term Designated IR is not really an option, as the difference between that and PUP is only a couple of weeks and since he qualifies for the PUP, then it's the best option.

Save that IR spot for someone else.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:20 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I miss negative rep.

So subtle and nice I am laughing right now.  Your the Best!!  With these types of responses!!  love it!!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He isn't allowed to practice.  That makes you ineligible to go on the PUP list.  I agree with you and seemingly everyone else that it is best to not rush him and have him ready for putzburg.  If the thought is he can't be ready even by week 6, then use the IR--designated to return spot and have him back week 10.  This season is all about being geared for the playoffs....although it will be much tougher to make them without him for an extended period of time. 

The fact that he hasn't practiced is exactly why he IS eligible to go on PUP.

PUP is the way to go, there is no limit to the number of guys who go on it, we don't have to lose someone from the final 53 on Saturday, and he can be activated as early as week 6 or as late as week 8.  If he isn't ready at that point, put him on IR.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 06:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: Without ANY practice, he will need several weeks to get himself in shape to play.

Exactly why I say of he is progressing keep him off the PUP. If he is on it he can't practice. 
Reply/Quote
Amazed at how many people are writing this guy off--some for this year, some for good, his career will be short, he'll never be the same again, based on little more than speculation.

Let me just go on record--right or wrong, I ain't writing him off, based on the guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 03:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: In cold hard reality the team should be planning as if Burflict is finished, no matter what the hopes are.

Me, I'd much rather he came back 100% but the clock is ticking.

First off, let me say that I have missed the Bengals discussion over the summer.  Kept meaning to create a profile on this page, but didn't get around to it until the season is about to start..

I completely agree with Joe.  In reality, the team probably should have been planning this way all along.  I am not a Doctor, but have read plenty of statements from Doctors who say coming back from microfracture surgery is anything, but a certainty.  I always remember the quote from his Doctor after the surgery "if it heels the way we expect it to".  That is a big "if"...
Reply/Quote