Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your favorite win over the Steelers?
Obviously Marv hasn't fared too well against the Steelers during his tenure, but he has managed to win 8 times.

24-20 in Pitt (2003)
38-31 in Pitt (2005 - The Housh shining his shoes with a terrible towel game)
28-20 in Pitt (2006 - revenge game for Carson)
23-20 in Cincy (2009 - Andre Caldwell catches the game winner with 0:14 left on the clock)
18-12 in Pitt (2009)
13-10 in Pitt (2012 - Josh Brown kicked the Steelers out of a playoff spot)
20-10 in Cincy (2013)
16-10 in Pitt (2015)

So what's your favorite win over the Steelers, coached by Marvin or otherwise?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Which ever game it was where Bubba caught the game winner.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2009 against @ pit probably the most physical game I have ever seen the Bengals played.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
2013.. i was there and enjoyed every minute of that game
Reply/Quote
The one that comes this Saturday will be my favorite.  Wink

Reply/Quote
My personal favorite was a 27-9 win back in 1995. Jeff Blake went 18 of 22 for 275 yards and 3 TDs with a perfect 158.3 passer rating. It was a huge upset, as the Steelers went to the Super Bowl that year with the best defense in the league. Blake actually led the Bengals to 4 upset wins against the Steelers during his career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be this Saturday. WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Which ever game it was where Bubba caught the game winner.

That'd be the 3rd game of 2009. I updated my post to show that.
Reply/Quote
2015 - Playoffs

First playoff win in 25 years.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
The Leonard Leap game of 2009? Was with my family in Tampa at a bar. My Dad and Uncle kept saying if we win we're going to the local steeler backer bar. Not believing them after the game I said my good byes and got on the way home to Orlando. Well those nut bags really went and drink in their misery. They said idle threats were coming from lots of people but they just Who Dey'd and carried on. Still cracks me up

Wait. 2012. THe Josh Brown Game. Because my two year old son jumped up and joined in on the Who Dey cheer when me and my Dad were going crazy
Reply/Quote
2012 was pretty rich. Josh Brown's expression on top of the looks of chagrin from the deflated squealers was priceless! It was probably the most satisfying field goal I've ever witnessed.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:29 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's going to be this Saturday.   WhoDey2  WhoDey2  WhoDey2

(01-05-2016, 12:35 AM)milksheikh Wrote: 2015 - Playoffs

First playoff win in 25 years.

I'm pretty sure if that happens, it will be everyone's favorite win over the Steelers. It would be my favorite win, period. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My personal favorite was a 27-9 win back in 1995. Jeff Blake went 18 of 22 for 275 yards and 3 TDs with a perfect 158.3 passer rating. It was a huge upset, as the Steelers went to the Super Bowl that year with the best defense in the league. Blake actually led the Bengals to 4 upset wins against the Steelers during his career.

Probably the last time they won convincingly over the steelers
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm pretty sure if that happens, it will be everyone's favorite win over the Steelers. It would be my favorite win, period. 

Amen.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:56 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Probably the last time they won convincingly over the steelers

Sadly, you're probably right. Out of 26 times we've played them with Marv as coach, 13 of those games were decided by 8 points or less.

Of the 13 games decided by 8 points or more, the Steelers won all 13 times.

If there's anything positive to take out of that, I guess it's that the Bengals are 8-5 when they keep it close.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Obviously Marv hasn't fared too well against the Steelers during his tenure, but he has managed to win 8 times.

23-20 in Cincy (2009 - Andre Caldwell catches the game winner with 0:14 left on the clock)

This was an amazing game to watch and a great season considering we swept the entire AFC North that year. Caldwell also caught a game winner against Baltimore that year too.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:29 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's going to be this Saturday.   WhoDey2  WhoDey2  WhoDey2

Haha I was gonna say the same
Reply/Quote
It's gotta be Andre Caldwell's game winner. I remember that game was on FOX. Which I remember thinking was weird because AFC games are usually on CBS. I was happy because I don't get to see a lot of Bengals games living in Philly. But that last drive, I was crouched in front of my TV watching and holding my breath, when Leonard stretched out to pick up that 1st down I was ecstatic, then when Palmer threw a dart to Caldwell in between two Steelers I jumped up and started screaming with glee. I was so happy, we hadn't beaten Pittsburgh since 06, and I, like most of you, hate Pittsburgh the most out of the teams in our division.

Reply/Quote
It's hard for me to choose, I love em all so much.
Reply/Quote
There is one obvious thing this thread is missing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote