Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we knew
Green is not overrated. Brown has been shutdown at times this season, is he overrated? Is OBJ? He's had meltdowns on the sideline because he's so frustrated. If not for Green and Dalton we'd be 0-5 right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander. Put the blame on that bum. How he still has a job in the NFL is beyond me. Even when we supposedly have a good offensive line, all us actual fans know they are overrated and riding that one stat they used to be able to uphold, but not anymore, and that's not to give up a lot of sacks. And that stat was only achievable by Dalton's ability to get rid of the ball quickly and he's also a good scrambler. We all know our O-line has never been that good. Paul Alexander should have been fired this morning. F that guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Green is not overrated. Brown has been shutdown at times this season, is he overrated? Is OBJ? He's had meltdowns on the sideline because he's so frustrated. If not for Green and Dalton we'd be 0-5 right now.

OBJ yes. We are the only ones that can shut Brown down, but consistently Brown shows up. And that is what makes him elite.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I wonder what led to Brandon being open wonder if every else had was too worried about Aj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: OBJ yes. We are the only ones that can shut Brown down, but consistently Brown shows up. And that is what makes him elite.

How did AB do against philly?

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: NFL.com..... 1st-2nd round  http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355

nfldraftscout.... 2nd round (top 10 pick before injury)  http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110963&draftyear=2015&genpos=OT

CBSsports.... 2nd round http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737334/cedric-ogbuehi

walterfootball...... 2nd rounder http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015cogbuehi.php

Stop making stuff up.  You actually have some valid points, but when you just make stuff up it makes everything you say look silly.

I'll go one step further on this:

Most magazines had him rated as a top 5 pick before the season started.  A torn ACL will drop your stock a little bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: Unfortunately Green disappearing in big games has exists and has for awhile. You can deny it and claim it's unfounded and is a problem that doesn't exist. But that's on you.

Green does not disappear against good teams any more than any other WR in the league.

The problem you have is that you apparently don't catch any other NFL games.  Give me the name of any good WR in the league and I will show you where he has been shut down in big games.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: OBJ yes. We are the only ones that can shut Brown down, but consistently Brown shows up. And that is what makes him elite.

You seriously know nothing about the NFL

AB's number last year.......

61 yds and 42 yds in 2 losses to the Ravens

51 yds in loss to Seahawks

47 yds in loss to bengals

24 yds against the Cards
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: If your elite, you must make plays when double covered. Greens too easily taken out of games by physical corners or "scheme". Still. And I thought we knew that. And accepted it.

As far as Lafell I'm talking about yesterday. Since everyone is using the Oline excuse.

No. We knew Green had a subar qb throwing him the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green does not disappear against good teams any more than any other WR in the league.

The problem you have is that you apparently don't catch any other NFL games.  Give me the name of any good WR in the league and I will show you where he has been shut down in big games.  

And I'll show you where they have taken over big games. When has Green done that? Certainly not the playoff's, and hate on AB all you want, but he's far more consistent a threat regardless of what you claim through those rose colored glasses you are sporting this morning.

If you are going to attack AB then stick with the point. How many of those games did the Steelers win? And what about big games (which is my point)?

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:23 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Green is the only offense we have.

Absolutely correct
Reply/Quote
Smart fans new there were going to be growing pains early on and thought the first 8 games were going to be a struggle. New coaches and players starting for the first time in key spots of course there were going to be issues.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: And I'll show you where they have taken over big games. When has Green done that? Certainly not the playoff's, and hate on AB all you want, but he's far more consistent a threat regardless of what you claim through those rose colored glasses you are sporting this morning.

If you are going to attack AB then stick with the point. How many of those games did the Steelers win? And what about big games (which is my point)?

Well he has done it at Baltimore the last two times.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jungle noise is the only forum on the internet where you can say Andy >Green with a straight face. This is the only place their jibberish is acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:59 PM)J24 Wrote: Well he has done it at Baltimore the last two times.

I'll give you the Baltimore games (ignoring their record and "big game" qualification of the argument). He has taken over those games.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: We knew the good times had to come to an end eventually. 5 straight postseason trips, we had our shot

We knew Mike made same historic mistake as father when he let Walsh go. Choosing Marvin over Zimmer will go down as the worse decision made by the Brown family and will set the franchise back another 25 years.

We knew Zampese had plenty chances to be OC and no other team ever wanted him.

We knew we haven't had a run game since Ced B was carrying the rock.

We knew Marvin has never been able to fix the D without Zimmer.

We knew our LB's would struggle given the Haslett hire and his Defenses over the years.

We knew cause we were shocked that we lost the wrong Hayes, and replaced him with someone who has been out of the league for years.

We knew Green was overrated and never showed up in big games. Or consistently every week.

We knew this Oline was overrated.

We knew Ced O was a significant reach as most pundits had him going in the 3rd round.

We knew we just don't have the coaches to win a championship or playoff game.

We knew all good things had to come to an end eventually.
Wow - I wish the players and coaches interviews I've read and heard had as much emotion in them as the thread starter above.  You know its going to get bad when whit has a hoo - hum "we didn't execute on either side of the ball" and "they're  hot right now" and "we played them in their place" and "there is a lot of football left and it's early".  Wasn't too long ago that the locker room policed their own crap up and things got fixed and guys were fired up about playing bad.  At this rate they may go 4-12 or 5-11.   With the 3rd pick of the 2017 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals....................   Man - how disappointing.  Losing to a freakin' rookie quarterback and tailback! Ugh!  Nervous
Reply/Quote
Almost everyone disappears in big games it's a coaching problem.

Reply/Quote
This guy might truly be slow. This is actually funny though.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:27 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Almost everyone disappears in big games it's a coaching problem.

Truth

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: And I'll show you where they have taken over big games. When has Green done that? Certainly not the playoff's, and hate on AB all you want, but he's far more consistent a threat regardless of what you claim through those rose colored glasses you are sporting this morning.

Actually you won't show me anything.  You never do.  all you do is state your opinion with nothing to back it up.

Here are some big games where Green has shined.

'11 v AFC West Champion Denver.....................10 rec, 124 yds, 1 td
'12 v NFC East Champion Washington................9 rec, 183 yds, 1 td
'12 v Steelers week 15 with playoff on the line...10 rec, 116 yds
'13 v Wildcard San Diego.................................. 5 rec, 83 yds, 1 td
'13 v AFC South Champion Indianapolis..............6 rec, 72 yds, 1 td
'14 v wildcard Baltimore.....................................6 red, 131 yds, 1 td
'15 v wildcard Seattle.........................................6 rec, 78 yds
'15 v wildcard Steelers.......................................11 rec, 118 yds, 1 td
'15 v wildcard Steelers........................................6 rec, 132 yds, 1 td

(10-10-2016, 12:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: If you are going to attack AB then stick with the point. How many of those games did the Steelers win?

Seriously?

(10-10-2016, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You seriously know nothing about the NFL

AB's number last year.......

61 yds and 42 yds in 2 losses to the Ravens

51 yds in loss to Seahawks

47 yds in loss to bengals

24 yds against the Cards
Reply/Quote