Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we knew
(10-10-2016, 10:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: We knew the good times had to come to an end eventually. 5 straight postseason trips, we had our shot

We knew Mike made same historic mistake as father when he let Walsh go. Choosing Marvin over Zimmer will go down as the worse decision made by the Brown family and will set the franchise back another 25 years.

We knew Zampese had plenty chances to be OC and no other team ever wanted him.

We knew we haven't had a run game since Ced B was carrying the rock.

We knew Marvin has never been able to fix the D without Zimmer.

We knew our LB's would struggle given the Haslett hire and his Defenses over the years.

We knew cause we were shocked that we lost the wrong Hayes, and replaced him with someone who has been out of the league for years.

We knew Green was overrated and never showed up in big games. Or consistently every week.

We knew this Oline was overrated.

We knew Ced O was a significant reach as most pundits had him going in the 3rd round.

We knew we just don't have the coaches to win a championship or playoff game.

We knew all good things had to come to an end eventually.

We knew Tyler Eifert was Mr. Glass.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"We knew Green was overrated and never showed up in big games. Or consistently every week."

Dude, really? The guy is one of the best WR's in the league, enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:44 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Dallas schemed to take him out, our coaches did not adjust.  Plain and simple.

i disagree they didn't scheme....AD just didn't throw him the ball cause he was under constant duress!
Reply/Quote
People keep attacking that line, but can they give me a big game he stepped up in that would prove my statement wrong? We know (knew) it's not the playoffs, we know (knew) it's not primetime games....

All the attacks on that line, yet no proof that I am wrong. It's okay. We all love our team and star players, and regardless of what is said, we know he like many of our other stars wilt under pressure of big games. Attack me because you can't/won't attack Green. If I could I'd step up in big games so don't take your frustration out on me. I'm just speaking the truth about what we knew.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: People keep attacking that line, but can they give me a big game he stepped up in that would prove my statement wrong? We know (knew) it's not the playoffs, we know (knew) it's not primetime games....

All the attacks on that line, yet no proof that I am wrong. It's okay. We all love our team and star players, and regardless of what is said, we know he like many of our other stars wilt under pressure of big games. Attack me because you can't/won't attack Green. If I could I'd step up in big games so don't take your frustration out on me. I'm just speaking the truth about what we knew.
Like I said people will say anything to protect their favorite player.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:55 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Like I said people will say anything to protect their favorite player.

My favorite player is Bodine...I'm resorting to blaming gypsy curses at this point.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My favorite player is Bodine...I'm resorting to blaming gypsy curses at this point.  

Sorry about all the flack your son takes on these boards.  As a father, that must be tough to read week in and week out LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:09 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Sorry about all the flack your son takes on these boards.  As a father, that must be tough to read week in and week out LMAO

I'm not his real father; he was left on the doorstep by Gypsies...the same ones that cursed him, even.
Reply/Quote
We knew a Marvin team coming off of a "bye" was going to struggle.

We knew we'd make a rookie qb look like Elway.

We knew if anyone was going to show up on the DLine it'd be Dunlap.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 11:36 AM)tenacious-B Wrote: Paul Alexander. Put the blame on that bum. How he still has a job in the NFL is beyond me. Even when we supposedly have a good offensive line, all us actual fans know they are overrated and riding that one stat they used to be able to uphold, but not anymore, and that's not to give up a lot of sacks. And that stat was only achievable by Dalton's ability to get rid of the ball quickly and he's also a good scrambler. We all know our O-line has never been that good. Paul Alexander should have been fired this morning. F that guy.

You sir, have been paying attention.....and know a little about the game.  Could not agree more.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: We knew a Marvin team coming off of a "bye" was going to struggle.

We knew we'd make a rookie qb look like Elway.

We knew if anyone was going to show up on the DLine it'd be Dunlap.

I did have to laugh.  Last week I saw a couple people arguing that the extra rest would give them an advantage going into Dallas.  Any real Bengals fan knows the bye is not always a plus for this team...

As for the quarterback, I think Dallas struck gold in this last draft.  Getting Elliot and Prescott... they are going to be set for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not his real father; he was left on the doorstep by Gypsies...the same ones that cursed him, even.

[Image: c7f2411c1cfa4454c42febea4403f6ae.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 03:18 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: c7f2411c1cfa4454c42febea4403f6ae.jpg]

Ok, you got me.  I AM his father, but he was a product of a one-night stand with Stevie Nicks (and I think I might have done some stuff I'm not proud of with Lindsey Buckingham that night too).  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you won't show me anything.  You never do.  all you do is state your opinion with nothing to back it up.

Here are some big games where Green has shined.

'11 v AFC West Champion Denver.....................10 rec, 124 yds, 1 td
'12 v NFC East Champion Washington................9 rec, 183 yds, 1 td
'12 v Steelers week 15 with playoff on the line...10 rec, 116 yds
'13 v Wildcard San Diego.................................. 5 rec, 83 yds, 1 td
'13 v AFC South Champion Indianapolis..............6 rec, 72 yds, 1 td
'14 v wildcard Baltimore.....................................6 red, 131 yds, 1 td
'15 v wildcard Seattle.........................................6 rec, 78 yds
'15 v wildcard Steelers.......................................11 rec, 118 yds, 1 td
'15 v wildcard Steelers........................................6 rec, 132 yds, 1 td

Seriously?

(10-10-2016, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: People keep attacking that line, but can they give me a big game he stepped up in that would prove my statement wrong? We know (knew) it's not the playoffs, we know (knew) it's not primetime games....

I have proven you wrong.
Reply/Quote

jj....I'm usually right on board with ya, but I have seen an angry AJ Green go out and dominate a game last season, and I have seen him play much more physically again this season.  Green is a top WR in this league.

The bums on this team truly are the turds up front, and their coach......also, Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums.  The Cowboys had a perfect scheme for us, on both sides of the ball, and our wet noodles on this staff had no answer.  They got constant pressure, we did not.  They were tight on our receivers, we had more holes in our zone than a Swiss cheese factory.  Our coaching SUCKS....and the trenches are both getting their collective asses handed to them.  You can't win when you lose the trenches my friend.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:05 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: i disagree they didn't scheme....AD just didn't throw him the ball cause he was under constant duress!

They started the game out with a two high safety look to keep Green from going over the top.  Once they realized they could get to Dalton with a four man rush, they were able to stay in the two high safety look for most of the game.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:08 PM)NKYRob Wrote: They started the game out with a two high safety look to keep Green from going over the top.  Once they realized they could get to Dalton with a four man rush, they were able to stay in the two high safety look for most of the game.  

Yep, Simms even diagrammed it.....meanwhile, we couldn't get any pressure, nor cover Betty White.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 04:08 PM)NKYRob Wrote: They started the game out with a two high safety look to keep Green from going over the top.  Once they realized they could get to Dalton with a four man rush, they were able to stay in the two high safety look for most of the game.  

At one point last night my wife paused the game.  She said "we have seven guys on our line and they have four... how are they getting to Dalton every time".  It's a damned good question.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: We knew Mike made same historic mistake as father when he let Walsh go. Choosing Marvin over Zimmer will go down as the worse decision made by the Brown family and will set the franchise back another 25 years.

We knew all good things had to come to an end eventually.

Yes and no. It wasn't all good. The 21 losses to Pittsburgh and the 7 playoff losses were very painful.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:04 AM)jj22 Wrote: We knew we haven't had a run game since Ced B was carrying the rock.

Actually, we had a running game in 2014.

But that's the only time we've had a good run game during the Dalton era.
Reply/Quote