Poll: What will Bengals do re: DEs in draft
every down DE in first round
every down DE after first
speed rusher after first
1 and 2
1 and 3
2 and 3
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will Bengals do re: DE in the draft
(03-20-2017, 11:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm the minority that has zero interest in Foster.  I agree, however, that if Garrett, Thomas, and Barnett are all gone at 9, they may trade down and get an additional second rounder and still get a guy like Ross.  I might just be willing to take him at 9 if Corey Davis goes earlier.  I am not a fan of Williams as our WR.  We need speed outside to open up the underneath. 

I would be really excited to slide to, say 13, get an additional second rounder to use on a Center like Elflein and get a burner like Ross.  
I may be wrong but I have a feeling they won't take an O-line in the 1st or 2nd round.

It feels like Mr. Brown may be creeping in again...  and I'd bet that none of those picks will be used even if an additional pick comes along for that.

Time to see what we have in Piano man's boys.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 08:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I may be wrong but I have a feeling they won't take an O-line in the 1st or 2nd round.

It feels like Mr. Brown may be creeping in again...  and I'd bet that none of those picks will be used even if an additional pick comes along for that.

Jeepers Creepers.. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 08:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I may be wrong but I have a feeling they won't take an O-line in the 1st or 2nd round.

I think not preparing to replace Bodine is a mistake, but maybe they feel that highly of TJ Johnson.  I really like Elflein and it this draft were not so strong at CB, DE, and WR he might have been a first round talent.  I mean, Zeitler was and he was not able to play both positions.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think not preparing to replace Bodine is a mistake, but maybe they feel that highly of TJ Johnson.  I really like Elflein and it this draft were not so strong at CB, DE, and WR he might have been a first round talent.  I mean, Zeitler was and he was not able to play both positions.  

TJ should have no thought at Center after how terrible he has been there against 3rd and 4th stringers.

He should only be thought of at Guard where he actually played well against 1st stringers of the Ravens.

I know some have said they highly doubt we draft a Center but some said the same when we drafted Z and it is Bodine's last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 12:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: TJ should have no thought at Center after how terrible he has been there against 3rd and 4th stringers.

He should only be thought of at Guard where he actually played well against 1st stringers of the Ravens.

I know some have said they highly doubt we draft a Center but some said the same when we drafted Z and it is Bodine's last year.

Yeah but Bodine isn't going to require any high dollar amount to retain unless he steps his performance way up.

If he does than why not just draft one next season instead?

This is strictly from the Bengals assumed perspective and not my own.

I do understand what was posted about Elflein and for values sake picking up 1st round talent in the 2nd could be attractive for the FO.

It just depends on who is making that decision in my opinion.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote