Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Scotland do?
A couple of years ago Scotland voted to stay a part of Great Britain.
Last year Great Britain voted to leave the EU with Scotland voting 85% to stay a part of the EU.

Now that Great Britain is in the middle of their exit from the EU, will we see another vote by Scotland to leave Great Britain and if they do leave will the EU wecolme Scotland into the EU?

The only reason Scotland voted to stay with Great Britain was because of the EU.

I believe Scotland will break from the UK and then try to get into the EU but will the EU welcome them is a whole other matter.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-scotland-leave-uk-independence-referendum-join-canada-eu-province-a7673296.html

You know what they say: Once you go Canada, you don't have to hold the EU's hanada.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It will cost Scotland too much to leave the U.K. And the EU will not guarantee them membership plus they do not have the ability to pay the dues.

They aren't going anywhere.

Not to mention they couldn't even get a ref to pass to leave the U.K.
Scotland has no choice but to remain a part of Great Britain; as Great Britain is simply the name of the Island; now leaving the United Kingdom; is an option.

I've always wondered more about what Northern Ireland would do. They split with Ireland to become/remain part of United Kingdom> They too want to remain part of the EU. I could see them leaving the UK and joining Ireland to make it one Nation again.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2017, 12:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It will cost Scotland too much to leave the U.K. And the EU will not guarantee them membership plus they do not have the ability to pay the dues.

They aren't going anywhere.

Not to mention they couldn't even get a ref to pass to leave the U.K.

That may change, though. Part of the decision that swayed a lot of Scottish voters was their place in the EU.

(09-28-2017, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Scotland has no choice but to remain a part of Great Britain; as Great Britain is simply the name of the Island; now leaving the United Kingdom; is an option.

I've always wondered more about what Northern Ireland would do. They split with Ireland to become/remain part of United Kingdom> They too want to remain part of the EU. I could see them leaving the UK and joining Ireland to make it one Nation again.

I am with you, I see NI leaving the UK as a higher likelihood than Scotland leaving. Already the numbers have been going in favor of reunification because the Catholics have been out-breeding the Protestants. So this may be the kick over the edge.
This is assuming that by the time they get around to voting on it, situations haven’t changed and leaving the EU turns out to be a good idea do to some bank collapse or small country going bankrupt.