Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would Andy's contract look like...
If he was never signed to the extension this time last year? As everyone knows, its basically a 2 year deal worth a sunk 25 Million.

Given his bottom 1/2 of the league standing as a QB in every single reputable QB ranking out there (Bottom 1/3rd in some)

His inability to improve/adapt when things do not go 100% to plan

and his declining numbers, and horrendous 2014 campaign.

I wonder what his hypothetical contract would have looked like. My Guess, 3 year 18 million dollar deal. With about 6 M guaranteed. I guess those lunatics with the bed sheets last summer were right. Would have saved the Bengals a lot of money to just wait and make him earn it.

We have seen how Andy reacts under pressure and in the spotlight. He is basically playing for his next 5 year contract all season long. The Bengals can walk away from him without paying a dime after this season. That would negate roughly 75 million for Andy.

History shows, he's gonna blow it. Check out his career 53 Rating the playoffs and his prime time record.
Reply/Quote
We need a kickstarter for better troll quality.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: We need a kickstarter for better troll quality.

^ that

This almost looks like a mulligan post.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:17 PM)Stormborn Wrote: We need a kickstarter for better troll quality.

Maybe it's time to dust off the old "50 post rule".  Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Maybe it's time to dust off the old "50 post rule".  Confused

It's probably better to let them hang themselves with their first post rather than having them troll normal threads 50 times beforehand.

This kind of stuff makes the super trolls nice and easy to spot.
Reply/Quote
Bip is a well known troll on other boards.
He'll just create another account soon.
I'm guessing his main one here got booted recently or people just started ignoring him
Reply/Quote
refusal to answer seems like

3 years 18 million with 6 locked is the consensus.

What an overpay
Reply/Quote
For the life of me, I will never understand the urgency shown in inking that deal a year early. It made no sense. You could have let him play out the final year and then franchise tagged in back to back years, for almost an identical amount of money over those three seasons.

The sad truth is they reserved themselves to extending him after year 1. Their mind was made up after seeing a decent rookie year that they needed a fund set aside for this guy. Not only that, they openly talked about it all the time. They had no choice to lock him up at some point because they wouldn't shut up about needing money for it.

It's funny, I was listening to a show on ESPN radio yesterday and Russel Wilson's deal came up. They were discussing the current rookie pay scale and the unbelievable value of a QB's rookie contarct. Basically, they said that even if you only have a decent starter, that if he's a rookie then there is no better time "to pounce" on the opportunity to win a title. That, because of the exorbitant cost of veteran contracts, having to pay a rookie deal leaves you with the ability to go all in and spend elsewhere.

What did we do? We just set a bunch of money aside, unspent, and then inked Sir Oodles of Noodles as soon as we could.

[Image: 4459836-fua-that-s-a-bold-strategy-cotto...for-em.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For the life of me, I will never understand the urgency shown in inking that deal a year early.  It made no sense.  You could have let him play out the final year and then franchise tagged in back to back years, for almost an identical amount of money over those three seasons.

The sad truth is they reserved themselves to extending him after year 1.  Their mind was made up after seeing a decent rookie year that they needed a fund set aside for this guy.  Not only that, they openly talked about it all the time.  They had no choice to lock him up at some point because they wouldn't shut up about needing money for it.

It's funny, I was listening to a show on ESPN radio yesterday and Russel Wilson's deal came up.  They were discussing the current rookie pay scale and the unbelievable value of a QB's rookie contarct.  Basically, they said that even if you only have a decent starter, that if he's a rookie then there is no better time "to pounce" on the opportunity to win a title.  That, because of the exorbitant cost of veteran contracts, having to pay a rookie deal leaves you with the ability to go all in and spend elsewhere.

What did we do?  We just set a bunch of money aside, unspent, and then inked Sir Oodles of Noodles as soon as we could.  

[Image: 4459836-fua-that-s-a-bold-strategy-cotto...for-em.jpg]

Yeah, I agree and did not get the move either.  This is a Franchise that had not won a playoff game in 24 years.  Of Course, the homers were all preaching 'Well If Andy comes out and Pulls a Flacco or Wilson (And wins a superbowl) he will cost more!

And of course...'Andy will play so much better and relaxed if he has a deal in place!'

But you know...both of those were hilarious rationals 
Reply/Quote
Andy would have gotten a huge deal in free agency if he hit the market. Your telling me the Jets, Bills, or Texans wouldn't kill for a QB of Dalton's Caliber right now?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Andy would have gotten a huge deal in free agency if he hit the market. Your telling me the Jets, Bills, or Texans wouldn't kill for a QB of Dalton's Caliber right now.

the Jets did get a better version of Dalton for 3.25 Million and a 7th round pick. -  Ryan Fitzpatrick 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:34 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: the Jets did get a better version of Dalton for 3.25 Million and a 7th round pick. -  Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Lol
J24

Reply/Quote
Mullsy? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, Andy is paid exactly as he should be.

As more of the big name QB's get signed the picture becomes clearer.

Andrew Luck will get a new large contract soon just to throw Andy lower on the "Highest Paid QB List" in which he already is the 17th.

So Andy will be paid as the 18th best QB in the league... seems legit to me.
Reply/Quote
Joining the troll team was intended to troll other team's message boards, not ours.

The instructions in the recruitment post were very clear.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:37 PM)J24 Wrote: Lol

Over the last 3 years, He has a higher rating than Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 02:36 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: refusal to answer seems like

3 years 18 million with 6 locked is the consensus.

What an overpay

You being mocked does not equal a refusal to answer.  It's a quest for internet entertainment.  Thank you for playing the troll game with us.

p.s. - you need more practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:34 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: the Jets did get a better version of Dalton for 3.25 Million and a 7th round pick. -  Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Way to cherry pick those number.  Fitz had a career year last year, playing in the AFCSucks.  Dalton would look a ton better with 6 games against Colts/Texans/Jags vs. Browns/Steelers/Ravens.

Wow you really stink at this troll thing.

Try harder.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 03:43 PM)BipRoberts Wrote: Over the last 3 years, He has a higher rating than Dalton. 

Lol
J24

Reply/Quote
Dalton was 25th in the league in rating last year, out of 33 QBs
Reply/Quote