Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finley traded not released
(03-19-2021, 02:39 PM)pally Wrote: whatever else we can say about Ryan we can all remember on one memorable Monday night in a rather depressing season he beat the Steelers
This trade is a win.  Makes up trading up for him.  But seriously, smiling Finley produced the best Bengal feel good game in the last 6 - 7 years.  He may not be a decent back up, but he showed up when we really needed a pick up.  Best wishes to him and thank you for a true Cincinnati Sports moment.

Hmmmm.....  I think the last feel good moment was all the way back when Josh Brown kicked a last second game winning field goal against the Steelers to get us into the AFC Wildcard.
Reply/Quote
If whoever the Bengals eventually get for Findley ends up in the HOF Findley definitely deserves his own ring of honor spot for it.. forget the Pittsburg game where he actually played terrible. Pittsburg just played worse which was really tough to do..Personally I think they threw the game just to keep us picking higher than 5th.. I dunno..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So we traded a 4th round pick for a 7th round pick possibly a late 6th?

I jest, this was a good move considering we didn't need him.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:52 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: So we traded a 4th round pick for a 7th round pick possibly a late 6th?

I jest, this was a good move considering we didn't need him.

A 4th, and two 6ths. They traded up for Finley.

Seems like a good enough guy and I wish him a long career making bank as a backup QB for other teams, he just didn't have an NFL caliber arm. Might have been something they could have spotted before drafting him if they had more than 4 scouts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was thinking today maybe sticking with Tobin will have some benefits. Maybe the guy is learning some things. I guess like most other things he is getting better with experience. At least I hope.
Reply/Quote
Finley gonna become a starter just like Fitzpatrick. Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:10 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Finley gonna become a starter just like Fitzpatrick.  Popcorn

Nice, he'll have a 10+ year career as an NFL journeyman who can't be a playoff caliber QB who gets benched year after year for the recent #1 pick. He'll get paid though!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 10:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice, he'll have a 10+ year career as an NFL journeyman who can't be a playoff caliber QB who gets benched year after year for the recent #1 pick. He'll get paid though!

if you can stay 10 yrs in the NFL is pretty good imo. Bench or starter.  

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.0.png]
Reply/Quote
To get anything for him is pretty astonishing honestly.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 12:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: if you can stay 10 yrs in the NFL is pretty good imo. Bench or starter.  

[Image: ryan_finley_teeth.0.png]

Agreed... I think most of us can agree that AJ McCarron is a superior talent to Finley too. I just looked him up, the guy appears to be looking for a spot, or is just outta the league. He didn't last a decade if that's the case.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: No.  Their line is worse than ours

Laremy Tunsil is one of the best at his position and pff had Texans line at 23 and the Bengals at 30.

23rd in the league isn't great but it sure as hell is better than 30th.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:13 PM)jason Wrote: Agreed... I think most of us can agree that AJ McCarron is a superior talent to Finley too. I just looked him up, the guy appears to be looking for a spot, or is just outta the league. He didn't last a decade if that's the case.

There are exceptions though, 5 years in the NFL + a hot wife gets a pass. Pervert
Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 02:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: Laremy Tunsil is one of the best at his position and pff had Texans line at 23 and the Bengals at 30.

23rd in the league isn't great but it sure as hell is better than 30th.

Preach about PFF if you want but I live in Houston, watch both Teams and listen to the local ESPN raido guys who have forgotten more about football than either of us know.....Houston's line is trash and worse than ours.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 06:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: Preach about PFF if you want but I live in Houston, watch both Teams and listen to the local ESPN raido guys who have forgotten more about football than either of us know.....Houston's line is trash and worse than ours.

I love that your evidence is 2 local radio guys.

Not a strong follow up bud.

You're wrong, suck it up.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure this is far from popular opinion, but I would not have gotten rid of Finley.

He has two years in the system and is healthy. I would have kept him through camp. While a camp arm can be found anywhere, one that knows the system and playbook isn't easy to come by. Keep him as 3rd string until final cuts, longer if Joe has a setback for any reason prior to that point.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 07:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: I love that your evidence is 2 local radio guys.

Yeah and you have no evidence at all, except PFF grades *rolls eyes*.  I have my own eyes, and guys who have forgotten more sports than you know.  Two of the local guys here are actually known nationally too, with Lance actually doing articles on nfl.com and consulting on NFL Network broadcasts.

https://www.espn975.com/bench/

You can remove your foot from your mouth now.

*pats on head*

You go on now.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 06:51 PM)Stewy Wrote: Preach about PFF if you want but I live in Houston, watch both Teams and listen to the local ESPN raido guys who have forgotten more about football than either of us know.....Houston's line is trash and worse than ours.

(03-20-2021, 07:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: I love that your evidence is 2 local radio guys.

Well...Zach Fulton played 16 games at OG for Houston last season, 637 snaps (6th most in the NFL) and gave up 11 sacks on the year. 

No Bengals player can compete with that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote