Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do with the money?
The Powerball is up to $800,000,000.00 and you are the only winner, what would you do with all that money?

First decision happens when you buy the ticket...do I want the Lump Sum or the 30 year Payout?
Lump Sum will get you $275,000,000.00 all at once
30 Year Payout will get you $15,000,000.00 a year for 30 years totaling $450,000,000.00

Here's what I would do.

If you invest right with the Lump Sum, you could get a better return so, it's the Lump Sum of $275 million.

After living through the heart attack from just winning that jackpot, I would call my lawyer and get his advice.
We both set up our wills just in case something happened to us, lol.

After turning in the ticket and the money is in the bank I would,
Cut a check for 10% to my church first thing.
Pay off all my bills and be debt free
Set aside $50 million for each of my wife's and my parents, brothers and sisters

Now, we have all this money and have no clue as to what to do with.

There are so many things we would like to do if we had the money as in charities.

$275 million is an obscene amount of money, I have no clue what to do with it. I can't wrap my mind around that much money.

EDIT: What would you do with the money if you won $1,500,000,000.00 in one Lump Sum?

If it was that much money, I would make Mike Brown an offer to buy the Cincinnati Bengals for $1 billion cash, but I don't think he would sell.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Taking the lump sum is always the wiser investment. At 4% return, your initial investment would be doubled in value after 18 years and triple after 30. That's just half of the lump sum you actually received invested in safe, low payout investments, and the one-half alone in 30 years would still be worth more than all 30 payments combined.

At 7% return, investments are doubled in about 10 years and tripled in about 17.

At 10%, it's 7.2 and 11.8 years respectively.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You mean what will I do?

$10 million in a secure place, non -interest bearing. That is $100k a year guaranteed for 100 years. My wife can survive on that easily as we make due with much less.

Pay off debt, get a modest house, finish up school, an then use the remaining over $300 million after taxes to help out family and those in need.
Reply/Quote
Trust no one. Nervous
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hire an attorney, disappear.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not quit my job.

Change my phone number.

Retain an attorney....not Fred.

Travel extensively.

Use a good portion to build and supply some schools in Africa.
Reply/Quote
Hire an attorney 
Hire a financial advisor
Hire an accountant 

Stay low and don't tell anyone I won until I can figure out how to hide. 

Pay off debts

Give money to relatives

Start buying.  Home, cars, etc.

Give money to the local fire dept to build a new station and get a new truck or two.

Other local charities.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Take the money and run!!
Reply/Quote
Hookers. Lots and lots of hookers
Reply/Quote
What ever the hell I want!!!!
Reply/Quote
Priceless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvE84AGMWpE

Reply/Quote
2 chicks at the same time
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Smart investing, saving, etc.

Pay off debts, and help positive causes. Ultimately create a new life for myself and future family generations.
Reply/Quote
I would build the car of my dreams for a couple hundred thousand (million dollar supercars are too pretentious) then spend a few million to build a private circuit to drive it on. Blow the rest on hookers and drugs.
Reply/Quote
I'd buy Mexico.
(or as much of it as possible)
(ok, just a large chunk of Cabo)
Tongue
Reply/Quote
In all honesty I would use the funds for a drive to amend the Constitution and outlaw private donations to elections. Make them all publicly funded.

This would both eliminate a lot of the power of money in elections and also give rise to more viable third party candidates.

That would do more good for this country than anything else I can imagine.
Reply/Quote
Buy the Bengals
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Wine, women and waste the rest
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: 2 chicks at the same time

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mb82d8ca93faa71f91ea3a72aa725f...=206&h=157]

ThumbsUp  Rep !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd never wear pants again.

With a billion dollars, you can get away with that.
Reply/Quote