Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you take for Marvin jones.
*Sigh* It always frustrates me how caught up people get with these threads. I'm sure it's all in good fun due to boredom that people start these threads.

The question isn't whether you would trade him, or why you wouldn't. He's just asking what would you take as an offer if a team did decide to show interest.

That being said, a 4th.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep Marvin, entertain offers on AJ Green.

We need both...AND MORE.....due to nobody ever getting open in the play-offs....we may have started 2-0, but 2-0 is not play-off wins.........We need AJ Green, Jones, Sanu, Eifert to play big in the season and come up big in the play-offs. We have seen that you need many receivers that can get open in the play-offs because the play-off defenses are there because hey are good and have shut down Dalton to Green because nobody else has been getting separation to make plays. 

I would not trade Jones for a 2nd round or a 1st round.  Jones has speed and rare talent, and we need as many quality receivers as we can have to get back to the Super Bowl.  We once traded Paul Robinson in a trade and got Charlie Joiner, which was good. We later traded Charlie Joiner for Coy Bacon, and although Bacon had a good season, his career was near an end. Joiner's career went much longer and we could have used the Hall of Fame WR with Issac Curtis and in 1981 adding Collinsworth.

So I wouldn't take anything for Jones because I wouldn't trade him...or Green....or Eifert....or Sanu....or Hewitt....or Burkhead....or any of our passing targets ....We need all of them if we are entertaining any thoughts of play-off wins and Super Bowl. ....After the 1990's Bungles I no longer live for Draft Day. I hope the Bengals win it all and end up drafting 32nd in round 1. You don't play for the draft, you play for the Super Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 06:34 PM)Bengals23 Wrote: *Sigh* It always frustrates me how caught up people get with these threads. I'm sure it's all in good fun due to boredom that people start these threads.

The question isn't whether you would trade him, or why you wouldn't. He's just asking what would you take as an offer if a team did decide to show interest.

That being said, a 4th.

Well, the only reason a team makes a trade is to improve, even in pretend world.   What is the fictitious scenario that has trading MLJ making the team better?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Honestly there is no way I would even entertain the idea of trading Marvin until the offseason because he has already shown glimpses of his old self two years ago before his injury. He helps to spread the field and is making an impact, small as it maybe, with the offense right now because no one can really double AJ anymore. However, if during the offseason we would resign him and then realize we can do better at the position, then I would take anywhere between a 2nd or a 3rd rounder for him because there is no way a team would give a 1st for him. Unfortunately there is not a front office like the old Raiders front office was when we traded Carson.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 10:44 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wouldn't trade him for anything less than an RG3 package. 

That's just sick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 10:05 PM)McC Wrote: Well, the only reason a team makes a trade is to improve, even in pretend world.   What is the fictitious scenario that has trading MLJ making the team better?

With threads like these, I don't see the need to over-analyze things. It's just a simple (and useless) "fun" thread. It's a little much when you see people take the thread seriously and are responding with "No, no no!!! Are you crazy? What is wrong with you?!" 
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why not just an entire section on the board called "What would you take for ___________ with a thread for every player every year?
What would you take for guys who start What would you take for ______ threads?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What is this about?

Why would we trade away any of the offensive weapons when it finally seems that the team has the offense to be a top tier team? You start trading your players for future compensation, and you're knocking yourself down a bit for this season.

And then the AJ Green trade suggestions? WTF? I literally would not trade him for 4 straight 1st round picks. That is what he is worth to this team right now. You don't trade away your best players in the middle of a season that has the potential to be the best season in memory. Sure, those 4 extra picks might work wonders for the 2019 team, but I'm far more interested in this year's squad.

Let's stop talking about silly shit and start talking about how we're going to celebrate winning the Super Bowl. Because that's what this team could be capable of.........but not if you start selling the pieces that will get you there.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Trading MLJ would make no sense. It is having him and Eifert back that is letting us FINALLY make defenses defend the entire field.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 06:34 PM)Bengals23 Wrote: *Sigh* It always frustrates me how caught up people get with these threads. I'm sure it's all in good fun due to boredom that people start these threads.

That being said, a 4th.

Thank you for not going crazy. I made this thread out of, you guessed it, boredom. Don't understand why people get upset at a completely hypothetical. It's all just for fun.

If we could get a good starting LB I would be intrigued
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 05:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, but it's easier to blame the whipping boy Dalton than the golden child Green. Some on here (mostly the ones with an agenda against Dalton) refuse to acknowledge that Green ever messes up, lets up, etc.

As for trading Jones - pass

Perhaps it's racist.  Ninja
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 01:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Let's be honest. How many times has Dalton just blindly chucked it up to AJ?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as some say.

Seems like it happened 10-12 times in the Thurs. Cleveland game alone last season...  Probably an exaggeration, but it sure seemed like it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 11:26 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What is this about?

Why would we trade away any of the offensive weapons when it finally seems that the team has the offense to be a top tier team?  You start trading your players for future compensation, and you're knocking yourself down a bit for this season.

And then the AJ Green trade suggestions?  WTF?  I literally would not trade him for 4 straight 1st round picks. That is what he is worth to this team right now.  You don't trade away your best players in the middle of a season that has the potential to be the best season in memory.  Sure, those 4 extra picks might work wonders for the 2019 team, but I'm far more interested in this year's squad.

Let's stop talking about silly shit and start talking about how we're going to celebrate winning the Super Bowl.  Because that's what this team could be capable of.........but not if you start selling the pieces that will get you there.

What about 2 first rounders and Jeremy Maclin for Green?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 10:38 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't get the point of these threads...

Pointless diabolical dialogue.
Reply/Quote
I'd take nothing and I'd entertain nothing. Why is this even a topic for debate? Moving on.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 12:32 AM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't trade any core guy on the team unless were completely out of it.

agreed
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote