Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever Ben
I don't normally post in Smack Talk, but something I saw today from Ben made me laugh and I thought I would share.

In an interview with Mark Kaboly, Ben was asked about the Bengals-Steelers rivalry and this was his response:

“I want to be a good, clean rivalry. I don’t want it to be a rivalry where people are tuning in to see a fight, to see penalties. Once I first got here we had the Steelers/Ravens rivalry. You had Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata and Joey Porter and Jerome Bettis. (Those games were as) a physical as a rivalry and physical as a football game that you would ever see. Everybody knew that. But it was never dirty. There may have been some pushing and shoving but that’s just guys. You never worried about cheap and dirty type stuff. I want the Cincinnati rivalry to be the same tough and physical rival that people want to see tough, physical football. You don’t want to see cheap and dirty. I don’t want it get to that.”

So, why did I find his answer amusing? Well, after all the years of the Steelers taking cheap shots at Bengals players (everyone knows the list of examples)...and the Bengals becoming much more physical with them over the past couple of seasons...all of sudden, 'playing dirty' isn't needed as part of the rivalry.Rolleyes

With all the whining we saw from Steeler players after the playoff game, and during the off-season, about Tez and the Bengals...it seems that they are having a little trouble when it comes to swallowing their own medicine. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, it certainly is ironic. Couple of old clichés come to mind, "they can dish it out, but can't take it", "giving them a taste of their own medicine", "shoe is now on the other foot". Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 02:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it certainly is ironic.  Couple of old clichés come to mind, "they can dish it out, but can't take it", "giving them a taste of their own medicine", "shoe is now on the other foot".   Cool

Yeah brother, I certainly don't remember hearing all this when they were the ones dishing it out. 

Now, all of sudden, they're singing a different tune...

[Image: tumblr_lq25jd8Z8s1qasi0co1_500.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah brother, I certainly don't remember hearing all this when they were the ones dishing it out. 

Now, all of sudden, they're singing a different tune...

[Image: tumblr_lq25jd8Z8s1qasi0co1_500.gif]

I mean, if I were Ben, I might be crying about physicality too.  As many times as he has been dinged up, heading into his 13th season, one might think that his next injury could be the career ender.  He's not just some young, single rapist on the prowl anymore, he's a family man, needs to start thinking about his life after football.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Its not cheap shots, its good old fashioned hard nosed foottball.

/stealer fans before Burfict
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Rapethisburger will ever admit the Steelers' role in pretty much every AFC North Rivalry ever.

Don't tell me it's because he doesn't want to throw his teammates under the bus. Him calling out Martavius Bryant in the same ***** interview shows that he has no qualms in calling his teammates out when they're out of line.

Disingenious fat piece of shit.
Reply/Quote
It's already "come to that"

Reply/Quote
Came to read smack. Ended up just reading butthurt.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 11:40 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Came to read smack. Ended up just reading butthurt.
Good thing you're an ass man.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 07:47 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Good thing you're an ass man.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Your autocorrect turned "hat" into "man".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 07:14 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I wonder if Rapethisburger will ever admit  the Steelers' role in  pretty much every AFC North Rivalry ever.

I'm sure he would.

Every other team in the division wants to beat the Steelers because they have been so good for so long.

(07-30-2016, 07:14 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Don't tell me it's because he doesn't want to throw his teammates under the bus. Him calling out Martavius Bryant in the same ***** interview shows that he has no qualms in calling his teammates out when they're out of line.

Disingenious fat piece of shit.

Is that suppose to be a bad thing? Saying that he was/is disappointed in a teammate that didn't do what he said he would?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 06:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Its not cheap shots, its good old fashioned hard nosed foottball.

/stealer fans before Burfict

It's nothing but cheap shots even if they were legal hits.

/Bengals fans for the last 20 years.
Reply/Quote
I find it funny that Ben never has this advice for Bell...

Always picking on Martavius but never saying a word to Bell..

Hypocrit!
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 12:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I find it funny that Ben never has this advice for Bell...

Hypocrit!

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/07/29/Steelers-QB-Ben-Roethlisberger-says-suspended-WR-Martavis-Bryant-lied-to-him/stories/201607290198

Maybe if he finds out Bell lied to him he'll speak differently?

Or are we not to wait and see what happens?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 11:40 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Came to read smack. Ended up just reading butthurt.

No doubt brother...I'm not a great 'smack talker'. So, in order to get better, I've decided to look through your posts to find some great examples of smack that I can learn from and emulate.

[Updated search status]...

[Image: 1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif]

Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 12:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I find it funny that Ben never has this advice for Bell...

Hypocrit!

What?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/09/ben-roethlisberger-says-hes-unable-to-get-a-read-on-leveon-bell/
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 01:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: What?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/09/ben-roethlisberger-says-hes-unable-to-get-a-read-on-leveon-bell/

Oooo an article from 3 years ago.

Why isn't he telling Bell to grow up now after the most recent suspension. Bell needs a wake up call just as much as Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 01:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/07/29/Steelers-QB-Ben-Roethlisberger-says-suspended-WR-Martavis-Bryant-lied-to-him/stories/201607290198

Maybe if he finds out Bell lied to him he'll speak differently?

Or are we not to wait and see what happens?

"Yes Ben, I am smoking marijuana with Snoop Dogg." - Bell

"OK then, I won't publicly humiliate you, at least you were honest with me." - Ben
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 12:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's nothing but cheap shots even if they were legal hits.

/Bengals fans for the last 20 years.

However, there have been several illegal hits by the Steelers, like the Terrance Garvin hit that broke Kevin Huber's jaw and neck, that the officials stared right at and didn't flag.  Even the Shazier hit this year was illegal per the rules as written, clarified as legal by Blandino based upon criteria not in the rulebook, then clarified again as illegal from this season forward.  
At the end of the day, hopefully both teams move past this, as both teams conducted themselves in a disgraceful manner in the playoffs, and things have escalated way too far.  Two bodybag games a year won't do either club any favors, especially the Steelers who can't win with D and are already short Bryant for the year and Bell for 4 games.  
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 03:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oooo an article from 3 years ago.

Why isn't he telling Bell to grow up now after the most recent suspension. Bell needs a wake up call just as much as Bryant.
Bell has been suspended? Since when?

(07-31-2016, 03:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: "Yes Ben, I am smoking marijuana with Snoop Dogg." - Bell

"OK then, I won't publicly humiliate you, at least you were honest with me." - Ben

Bell admitted to smoking weed with Snoop? Can you give me a link? 
Reply/Quote