Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whats your pregame superstition?
I make sure to smoke right before the game, before the half and before the 4th quarter.... I may have a problem Mellow
Reply/Quote
Uhoh.. It's too cold for me to go fishing ! It's downright FREEZING!  OK, it's in the 50s and windy which in my book is close enough to freezing ..just 18° away and by game time rolls around it'll be 47° which is a mere 15° away .. Don't make me go out there and have to have a runny nose Bengals . I'm a weanie when it comes  to cold(ish) weather and proud of it ! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: Uhoh.. It's too cold for me to go fishing ! It's downright FREEZING!  OK, it's in the 50s and windy which in my book is close enough to freezing ..just 18° away and by game time rolls around it'll be 47° which is a mere 15° away .. Don't make me go out there and have to have a runny nose Bengals . I'm a weanie when it comes  to cold(ish) weather and proud of it ! 

Hence fourth, you shall be nicknamed “Crystal.” LMAO

Reply/Quote
I wear the same color jersey as the team. White and orange jerseys get a black t-shirt underneath, black jersey gets an orange t-shirt. The jersey stays on all day except when eating.

From the time I wake up until the time I go to bed, I only drink from my Bengals pint glass, no matter the beverage. The only possible alterations is straight from a beer bottle with a Bengals jersey coozie or a Bengals highball glass if I should have liquor on the rocks.

Just prior to kickoff, I pet the helmet of my "Bengal Bear" as I call it, the stuffed, helmeted tiger holding a football that was first sold during hte 81 season. Not sure how long they were sold, but that is when I got mine.

Prior to having the posts on the front porch replaced, I would go outside prior to bed the night before to change the Ohio State flag to the Bengals flag. This no longer happens as the new posts will not accept a flag pole holder on them, so the flags have been retired until my lazy ass buys and installs a flag pole in the ground. Six years and counting on that one...
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:44 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just prior to kickoff, I pet the helmet of my "Bengal Bear" as I call it,

Shocked

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shocked

Hilarious 

I usually try to read my posts twice before hitting submit to prevent any innuendo coming back to bite me.  Clearly I failed to do so this time!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 07:10 PM)RASCAL Wrote: Dog, I gave up on superstitions a long time ago!
If we don't have a better showing of D we will be in trouble! Unless Burfict can take out 3-4 O starters from the chiefs with his dirty play! Ninja

Would that coincide with the time our defense started to tail off?

It seems to me YOU are directly responsible for their performance!!!
Reply/Quote
Sometimes listen to music just like a player would pregame.
Reply/Quote
This year its been playing {Good Day by Nappy Roots} before each game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kuj-PGC8rE
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shocked

This is why I keep returning to this board:  I always manage to learn something.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 12:16 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This year its been playing {Good Day by Nappy Roots} before each game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kuj-PGC8rE

Yeah, I’ve really enjoyed that song since the “Seize The Dey” commercial.

Reply/Quote
Superstition - smoking a fatty before kickoff and choosing which Bengals hat will be lucky today.

Ritual - Cursing at the TV and telling coaches and players what they should be doing. ......It is a gift.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 12:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Superstition - smoking a fatty before kickoff and choosing which Bengals hat will be lucky today.

Ritual - Cursing at the TV and telling coaches and players what they should be doing. ......It is a gift.

I look forward to the day I can adopt your superstition. BTW, what's the easiest way to get glaucoma?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Ok...so here's how my game day superstitions used to go.

Get up sometime between 7-8, make coffee and have a cup and some strawberry pop tarts (no, i'm not 12). Turn on some pregame on NFLN until 10. At 10, i'd start cleaning the house, basically just straightening the living room but i'd scrub the kitchen and put dishes in the dish washer. The kitchen HAD to be spotless. Shower at 11 but i could not shave no matter how nappy my face looked. After the shower (and this was only during and after the '13 season) i would take the clothes that my late son had worn to the last game we attended together (steelers monday nigh)--warmups, bengals jersey and bengals hat--and fold them up and lay them on the unoccupied chair in the living room; i only did this until the end of the '15 season when i retired those clothes to his bedroom. At 12:45 i would fix my afternoon snack/lunch. Anything from Tostitos topped with skyline chili and cheese to walking tacos to a big batch of Texas style chili and hit the recliner. The remote and my phone had to be in a specific place, which i won't disclose due to national security (no it wasn't in my butt) and i had to be at a certain angle in the recliner--not too far back nor forward. The situation would dictate whether my toes were crossed or uncrossed and the only time any of this would change would be by "feel" depending on how the game was going. During the game i would only reply to txt from my buddy Matt or my son if he was at work and wanting update (this was during the '12 and '13 seasons) but never my boss BECAUSE HE WAS BAD LUCK!!!! Usually, at the end of tight games, i would get up and walk around during commercial breaks but other than that, my butt was glued to the chair unless i needed a drink or potty run.

And...that's about it.

P.S. All of this is 100% accurate and not fabricated or exaggerated. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 01:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...so here's how my game day superstitions used to go.

Get up sometime between 7-8, make coffee and have a cup and some strawberry pop tarts (no, i'm not 12). Turn on some pregame on NFLN until 10. At 10, i'd start cleaning the house, basically just straightening the living room but i'd scrub the kitchen and put dishes in the dish washer. The kitchen HAD to be spotless. Shower at 11 but i could not shave no matter how nappy my face looked. After the shower (and this was only during and after the '13 season) i would take the clothes that my late son had worn to the last game we attended together (steelers monday nigh)--warmups, bengals jersey and bengals hat--and fold them up and lay them on the unoccupied chair in the living room; i only did this until the end of the '15 season when i retired those clothes to his bedroom. At 12:45 i would fix my afternoon snack/lunch. Anything from Tostitos topped with skyline chili and cheese to walking tacos to a big batch of Texas style chili and hit the recliner. The remote and my phone had to be in a specific place, which i won't disclose due to national security (no it wasn't in my butt) and i had to be at a certain angle in the recliner--not too far back nor forward. The situation would dictate whether my toes were crossed or uncrossed and the only time any of this would change would be by "feel" depending on how the game was going. During the game i would only reply to txt from my buddy Matt or my son if he was at work and wanting update (this was during the '12 and '13 seasons) but never my boss BECAUSE HE WAS BAD LUCK!!!! Usually, at the end of tight games, i would get up and walk around during commercial breaks but other than that, my butt was glued to the chair unless i needed a drink or potty run.

And...that's about it.

Dude.  Cry Wow, sorry man. You and me share a boat.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 01:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok...so here's how my game day superstitions used to go.

And...that's about it.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo...

If it WEREN"T a National Security issue, it WOULD be in your butt?!?! Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 01:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sooooooooooooooooooooo...

If it WEREN"T a National Security issue, it WOULD be in your butt?!?! Nervous

That as well...is information that can't be disclosed.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wear the same boxers briefs (black), the same pair of shorts (black), and the same orange Bengals t-shirt. I drink my morning coffee out of my lucky Bengals cup. I shower, but NEVER shave in the morning. And I usually stand and/or pace for most of the game.

I follow most of this when we go to a game. But against the Dolphins we wore our new AJ jerseys. Perhaps I should wear it tonight?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
one day we are all going to have to do the exact opposite to help break the Bengals curse. Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't know if its superstition or not but every time I don't watch the Bengals play or get distracted doing something else with the game on TV. They are winning and playing well, then I start watching the game and they start laying eggs.... so my superstition is I give bad vibes to the team when I watch them play.   Nervous Nervous Nervous
Reply/Quote