Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Wheel of Fortune" question
When time is running out instead of all the contestants spinning the wheel Pat spins it once and that is the value of every correct letter guessed.

So why does the wheel NEVER land on "bankrupt" or "lose a turn" when Pat spins it?
Reply/Quote
It happens they just edit it out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 05:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It happens they just edit it out.

That's exactly what the Illuminati wants you to believe.
Reply/Quote
Do they even have it on the wheel? Not sure I ever paid attention to that part.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When time is running out instead of all the contestants spinning the wheel Pat spins it once and that is the value of every correct letter guessed.

So why does the wheel NEVER land on "bankrupt" or "lose a turn" when Pat spins it?

Cause Pat is a pro

..and Vanna's still hawt at 64
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like Jeopardy, at least I did when Trebek was doing it. Don't care for Wheel of Fortune except for Vanna of course.

Never liked Pat Sajak dude is a tool.
Reply/Quote
You're just jealous he gets to work with Vanna.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
We watch the Wheel every night.  Our son, who is 3 and a half, has to see if Vanna is wearing a blue dress.  Cuz blue is his favorite color.  I still feel its a good way for kids to learn the alphabet. 

I've often wondered that same question Fred.  I just thought he was good at spinning the wheel.  ?????
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cause Pat is a pro

..and Vanna's still hawt at 64

Her skin, her beauty and her plastic surgeon defy the laws of gravity. 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 10:25 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I've often wondered that same question Fred.  I just thought he was good at spinning the wheel.  ?????

Here is a quote from Pat on the topic where he answered it for a Q&A:

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/good-question-answering-wheel-of-fortune-questions/

Quote:Why don’t you spin ‘Bankrupt’ or ‘Lose a Turn’ when you do the final spin?

“It’s interesting. I get that question a lot. I’m surprised people notice or care that much about it. But, in fact, I do hit it quite often.”

“It happens,” he said. “But, then again, it’s not exactly entertainment, so we edit it out.”

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:02 AM)SladeX Wrote: You're just jealous he gets to work with Vanna.

Maybe so, still don't like the guy for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe so, still don't like the guy for some reason.

I used to have to watch this in the 80's at my grandma's house.  For some reason I seem to remember him hitting Bankrupt or Lose a Turn back then.  Maybe they didn't edit it out back then.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 10:37 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Here is a quote from Pat on the topic where he answered it for a Q&A:

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/02/15/good-question-answering-wheel-of-fortune-questions/

Yeah, right.

And Neil Armstrong really went to the moon!  LOLLOLLOL
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Jeopardy, at least I did when Trebek was doing it. Don't care for Wheel of Fortune except for Vanna of course.

Absolutely correct.
Reply/Quote
I've wondered that myself.

The wheel never lands on bankrupt. Same deal, I've got the game on Xbox, never lands on Xbox during the final spin, either.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Jeopardy, at least I did when Trebek was doing it. Don't care for Wheel of Fortune except for Vanna of course.

I was going to say utter moron, but yeah..
I have about as much use for Sayjak as a used condom found behind a dive bar in the parking lot..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 07:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: I was going to say utter moron, but yeah..
I have about as much use for Sayjak as a used condom found behind a dive bar in the parking lot..

Hilarious

About spit my coffee out reading this Gramps lol
Reply/Quote